Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] LaStar Private Server Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Go jones D:
BTW glad I could help with the movement and stuff :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Knowing there are still good devs out here/there makes us all feel good, but i dont think making it an open source is good yet..wait for atleast 2-1 year till people get to know latale and then release it a a site ogplanet wouldnt be able to get to, because if they find out there is a private server...eeer things might go wrong and people might just get sued like what happened when nexon found out about maple story. =/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you put a terms of service up on the site that you have to agree to before you enter then they cant really do anything about it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As long as he isn't making money off it like say if he made it open source. The worst they could hypothetically do is ask him to take it down then take legal action if he kept hosting it. The suit would be hard to take him for any money and I doubt the company would want to get involved in that legal aspect anyhow, they'd probably just tell him to stop.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As long as he isn't making money off it like say if he made it open source. The worst they could hypothetically do is ask him to take it down then take legal action if he kept hosting it. The suit would be hard to take him for any money and I doubt the company would want to get involved in that legal aspect anyhow, they'd probably just tell him to stop.
OGPlanet doesn't seem one to be one take huge legal action.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's a good sign for them then. I'm totally behind this project now because it is the only one showing any promise.

Reaction score
OGPlanet isnt a issue in about a year OGPlanet wont exists. They have more issues with lease agreements than anything else. Plus a terms of service will help the cause even more.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OGP is having problems with it's own server has he said. I'm highly sure they won't target a small source being developed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just be careful even having a terms of service isn't really that big of a problem. A company with a claim on a game which is a copyrighted material can tear through those with little effort or time wasted. Though of course their time is more important than ours so they might see it as a big hassle :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
alright i guess we'l be safe :), so even if actoz does take latale from ogp we'l still have a chance of playing its private server, the greater thing is aeria games has a crappy game guard so it'l be easy for devs to hack into their files to make a source xD its win win win for us

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

And sorry for double posting, something came to my mind. as some of us know that ogplanet is suffering some problem withy actoz right now with them getting persecuted by them or something like that, ogplanet might take an action. Like sueing the first private server for everything they've got so they wont have to pay for what actoz is charging them, i heard actoz corrently hates how ogplanet runs things in latale so see if anything i just said made sense at all.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ah, i guess we are good to go then, =P good luck johny, and Amiria.

Reaction score
lol more like just me.. Amiria is like poop on flies (useless)..

UPDATE::

all classes load the correct stats (str,magic,luck,defense,sp etc..);
all items load from the inventory.sql
all gear loads successfull in the spawn packet
3 charcs can now be created and loaded
world server ip is in the config.ini
Server Core rewrite now all 3 servers (login,charc,world) are all connect to each other...

ps.. need someone thats on a static ip that can let multi connections to run the server to test more data..

(my wirless router wont let multi connections possible)

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
dev svn/trac is none?
Source isn't going to be public for quite a while, most likely.
No need for a SVN when he’s the main person doing the work

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hehe i so cant wait till the server comes out, you will be a God if it comes out johny xD, oh and btw keep the files safe, incase you decide to discontinue it so someone else could pick it up and continue with it, we dont want to have to be starting over everytime

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Wow. This is progressing much faster than I thought! Way to go jonnybravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back