Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] LaStar Private Server Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When they update the clients. Much doesn't change, they only add more fashion shop items. So most likely well just have to redo the packets for that every time?

But we're working on screenshots of in-game. Jones doesn't get on during the weekends.
Packets....?
Lol.

Add more fashion items = add the items however they're stored server side, whether it be SQL, XML, etc by digging them out of the client files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When they update the clients. Much doesn't change, they only add more fashion shop items. So most likely well just have to redo the packets for that every time?

But we're working on screenshots of in-game. Jones doesn't get on during the weekends.
which reminds me how will astros go? buy through ely?
I think I can find a way to make custom items in the cash shop

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Okay..... And are you a developer for this project? I thought so.
You thought I was? Aw, that's sweet.

Do I have to be a developer for this project to understand game servers?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yay! I'm super excited for this server, finally a project that has some real progress. I have a question though, for the rates will the quest rate and exp rate be the same? Like say if the exp was 20x, would the quests give 20x then too?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yay! I'm super excited for this server, finally a project that has some real progress. I have a question though, for the rates will the quest rate and exp rate be the same? Like say if the exp was 20x, would the quests give 20x then too?
Ami said this before, it was different. She said it was 6x exp 5x quest and i forgot ely but she is not sure yet :p

Reaction score

Only items and the postion they go in will change not the command or the header... Jinix has helped me out even more in showing me his friends old progress so there for i have less to decode....

i've just now got my hands on the spf and ldt reader source code so i have to port that and covert the files manually... so that the server loads this all.. For all those that are wondering im trying to get a sandbox done before its released or anything else... Why a alpha test would be in needed to test multi clients doing one thing to another...
I dont want this to be buggy source or crash alot bec one client cant do anothering (attacking,walking,chatting)...

for those that said walking was hard here it is.....

CLIENT SIDE:
Code:
75 - client command
C2 EB 0B 11 - client header
08 - right
01 - postion 
00 00 00 00 00

SERVER SIDE:
Code:
F5 - server command
C3 EB 0B 00 - server header
7F B9 17 - object id
01 -
10 30 - static
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 
C0 3D 44 00 E0 BB 44 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - xpos ypos xspeed yspeed xspeeda yspeeda PosInfoDirection
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
WOW! Johnny I can see that I do not understand any of this where do you learn this?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i hope u guys will finish this development i really wana play a latale private server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I gotta say speaking as probably more than just one person watching this progress that it really changes perceptions when someone as confident and forthcoming as you is heading the work. Keep up the good work. Finally a server the skeptical can actually put some faith in and wait patiently for. Know this will turn out great good luck again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I gotta say speaking as probably more than just one person watching this progress that it really changes perceptions when someone as confident and forthcoming as you is heading the work. Keep up the good work. Finally a server the skeptical can actually put some faith in and wait patiently for. Know this will turn out great good luck again.

Yeah I agree, this server, well it just seems more promising and hardworking than the usual ones that start and never finish.
Good luck guys

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol wow, year 2009 =P the first Latale private server will come out...i cant wait, but i probably wouldnt get invited xD no doubt but hopefully the full release comes out and i get to be able to join.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What's that like? dev source?
Will you release SVN?
About when is source opened to the public?:)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
He asked about when not if it would be originally. I'd say that after they feel they have a strong user base loyal to their server they will start talks about going open source. Course that's a question the people heading this project might not even have really thought of themselves yet past the point it won't be open source to start.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back