• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Custom MapleStory Client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For c-sharp it's pretty fast, but it can still be improved which is why I'm most likely going to switch to Direct X. Also, the z-levels have been implemented, those screen-shots are old, as noted.

You really should switch to C++ and DX, XNA just isn't cut out for an MMO client.

That's why I switched. O_O

CRACK DEALER
Reaction score
You really should switch to C++ and DX, XNA just isn't cut out for an MMO client.

I've managed to speed it up, and I'd rather stay with C# for now.

Also, there was some MMO game coded in C# but I forgot the name. It was 3D and there was like 200+ players.

Can you teach me how to play mp3 bytes in XNA?

I did not implement that yet, but it should be easy. Search on Google.

Last edited:
I'm Back
Reaction score

No you switched because you can't do it yourself in C++, You switched asked me if i'll switch and i said no, Therefore you havne't switched and C# is better for Clients, Maybe xna isn't but code vs code C# is much better in client terms.
I've managed to speed it up, and I'd rather stay with C# for now.

Also, there was some MMO game coded in C# but I forgot the name. It was 3D and there was like 200+ players.

I did not implement that yet, but it should be easy. Search on Google.
Your stilll never on msn, And i think i know the mmo game you where on about and i forgot the name too.

CRACK DEALER
Reaction score
IWannaWin - Custom MapleStory Client - RaGEZONE Forums

Updates:
  • Green45 has been added to the team.
  • Mini-Maps has been partially coded.
  • Map rendering has been re-coded (way faster now), depths have not yet been implemented.
  • Object animation is being re-coded.
  • Footholds have been implemented.

All this is easy poop, I know. I haven't worked on this project much, but I will next week after my exams (hopefully I won't fail). :D

Last edited:
I'm Back
Reaction score
Updates:

• Code clean up
  • Added portal pointers
  • Cleaned up the svn(Way too many unneeded files)

CRACK DEALER
Reaction score

Actual portal images added.
NPCs have been added.
Screen-shots updated.

@Matt: This time I didn't forget to commit. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@IWannaWin

First I was thinking you were just joking about this, yea to get fame. I'm starting to think you are really going to try to do this. I just sad your doing this in C#. I want to help you with some problems but I don't know C#. As long as you know their is a long way to go.

I'm Back
Reaction score
@Matt: This time I didn't forget to commit. :thumbup1:
:shocked: Have a :llama:
@IWannaWin

First I was thinking you were just joking about this, yea to get fame. I'm starting to think you are really going to try to do this. I just sad your doing this in C#. I want to help you with some problems but I don't know C#. As long as you know their is a long way to go.
:(: you forgot me....:(:

Infraction Baɴɴed
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Haha, Nah it's fine i was having a joke. Fame means nothing.

your right about fame, it only makes your e-penzor bigger. and its nothing to brag about.

it seems that the dev is coming along good. keep up the good work ^_^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't like that you are making it in c# (because I don't know c# (yet)). But I like that you are trying to make it. You are the people who can make the good idea of Wizet fun. Instead of making it a mindless grinding game like Wizet and Nexon did (or Asiasoft or whatever, I don't care who made this game boring). I see you have completed loading a map with textures, NPC and others. I suggest that you take this serious. You can do this like OdinMS or Titan. Keep it private until it's almost done. Or Release the source as fast as you can. So other people (like those from Vana) can finish what you have started. Or just do not release at all. But this could be the first private MapleStory v0.01, this means if you do not understand a packet from the original MapleStory, you can always change it. I do not even think you need WzLib. Just use a folder. I wish I could help you but like I said, I don't know c# I will learn it next year first trimester so :(.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I thought this was XNA? Or is XNA a part of C#?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you correspond the chat etc. about the multi language?(English, Japanese, and Chinese, etc.)

client dev is Good luck^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back