• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Follow System :: Global*

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
To be honest with this forum being a PRIVATE server forum, we should be discussing how this would affect private servers; instead of how it would affect the actual game. I'm almost 100% sure that it will fail from what I'm hearing about EMS and all of MapleStory's other versions, BUT I'm almost 110% sure that this can/will greatly benefit private servers. For starters we can completely remove the confirmation which imo is a bad idea, make gms 'un-followable' for security reasons, and even add our own methods in for map switching; so that we won't have their disconnection issues. O'm hoping that you guys realized this, or at least had the though, but for those of you that don't/didn't; Nexon/MapleStory probably leech off of private servers in a way that they redo our methods and features in a really unnecessary way. I think it's time that we redo their method(even though thats technically what we do all of the time) before they complete it.

Reaction score
To be honest with this forum being a PRIVATE server forum, we should be discussing how this would affect private servers; instead of how it would affect the actual game. I'm almost 100% sure that it will fail from what I'm hearing about EMS and all of MapleStory's other versions, BUT I'm almost 110% sure that this can/will greatly benefit private servers. For starters we can completely remove the confirmation which imo is a bad idea, make gms 'un-followable' for security reasons, and even add our own methods in for map switching; so that we won't have their disconnection issues. O'm hoping that you guys realized this, or at least had the though, but for those of you that don't/didn't; Nexon/MapleStory probably leech off of private servers in a way that they redo our methods and features in a really unnecessary way. I think it's time that we redo their method(even though thats technically what we do all of the time) before they complete it.

What the?
If it affect actual game, won't it affect us in future(if we have a chance :/:)?

And yeah, stop saying Nexon/Maplestory leech off server's features.
We are the one leeching Nexon's features.

Correct me, if I have say anything wrong.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What the?
If it affect actual game, won't it affect us in future(if we have a chance :/:)?

And yeah, stop saying Nexon/Maplestory leech off server's features.
We are the one leeching Nexon's features.

Correct me, if I have say anything wrong.
Do note that I stated that we should fix their bugs...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Welcome back Looney?

Anyhow, It's not that really important, I mean, we don't really need to think that further for what we don't even have. I mean, we don't have a localhost for such version, and no one but Spudgy can now a days make one.

In another hand, yeah, NEXON does get ideas from private servers, but they make it more "apply-able" to the game-play they have.

Another thing is that beating NEXON in the creation of something is not news, Private Servers had Seal Lock before they did thanks to MrMysterious.

Back