• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

GammaMVC [Model-view-controller, PHP, Multi-Db, Multi-Themed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
GammaMVC

Information
GammaMVC is a content management system written in an Model-view-controller pattern. It offers support for Phoenix Emulator and potentially available for it to support any Emulator available, whether past, present or future.

Why choose MVC?
We chose an MVC pattern because it offers a wide range of advantages, including speed and clean URLs.

What themes are going to be available?
There are going to be many themes available to GammaMVC, including ones that you have made. The ones that are currently in development are as followed;

• Bootstrap 2 (successor to the RevCMS theme by nobrain)
  • Habbo theme (Latest)
  • Mabbo
  • PhoenixPHP
  • Gamma (custom theme)

If you would like to make themes for GammaMVC, please contact nobrain@null.net via E-mail.

What database type do you offer?
We currently support PDO, MySQLi and MySQL. The default will be PDO because it is the best out of the 3.

Is there a place where I can check updates on GammaMVC?
We currently have a repository where you check on all the updates on GammaMVC. Both links are the same.

https://github.com/Monsma/GammaMVC
https://github.com/ash-kratos/GammaMVC

Who are the developers?
Monsma - PHP code
nobrain - Themes and minor input on the PHP code

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why are you doing three separate variables in the PDO class?:
public $Link;
public $Query;
public $Parameters;

Why not just do:
public $Link, $Query, $Parameters;

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why are you doing three separate variables in the PDO class?:
public $Link;
public $Query;
public $Parameters;

Why not just do:

Whats your point? it is working if you do

or
public $Link;
public $Query;
public $Parameters;

its just the same things

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As I said before, until the Moderators deleted it; There will be more updates tomorrow and/or the day after (depending on how ill I am). The update(s) will be about Monsma's coding and my Bootstrap 2 theme.

Reaction score
Wish you good luck. Here's some help:

• Avoid using global - Read Normally it means you have some design issues.
  • Don't use switch cases for pages, that's soo RevCMS 1.0 and well.. It sucks, don't have to be a genius.
  • At the moment it's not compatible with multiple databases, curious to see how you're doing it.
  • Why are you including all your Models ( What you have there are drivers/engines, not Models! ) when you're only using one?
  • What is the purpose of the Habbo.php library? It looks like a normal user class... Remember it's MVC!

Hope you don't take it the wrong way, just want to help! Check this out!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wish you good luck. Here's some help:

• Avoid using global - Read Normally it means you have some design issues.
  • Don't use switch cases for pages, that's soo RevCMS 1.0 and well.. It sucks, don't have to be a genius.
  • At the moment it's not compatible with multiple databases, curious to see how you're doing it.
  • Why are you including all your Models ( What you have there are drivers/engines, not Models! ) when you're only using one?
  • What is the purpose of the Habbo.php library? It looks like a normal user class... Remember it's MVC!

Hope you don't take it the wrong way, just want to help! Check this out!
Thank you for the usefull tips, the habbo.php include the library is a user class.
and i have add new updates to my github with a exemplate how i go handle the emulators
and i have use already 1 tip that one of the database drivers thanks!

Last edited:
"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Goodluck to both of you, I like multi-style CMS :)

Thank you very much :)

Bootstrap 2 updates:

Index:

NoBrain - GammaMVC [Model-view-controller, PHP, Multi-Db, Multi-Themed] - RaGEZONE Forums

Developer modal:

NoBrain - GammaMVC [Model-view-controller, PHP, Multi-Db, Multi-Themed] - RaGEZONE Forums

Signin or Signup modal:

Credits have been given, as you can see in the 2nd image.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Bootstrap 2 is more of a lightweight theme, GammaMVC will have like 5 or more themes anyway so there will be a lot of choices, and I may make another version of Bootstrap 2 where it's darker.

Minor changes to Index (Bootstrap 2):

I - Ducking - love - bootstrap! :eek:tt:

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back