Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] How to install ANY server repack with the Personal Priston Tale installer

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Guide to Installing Any Priston Tale Server Repack with the Personal Priston Tale installer

Introduction
I think many people missed the important part of my beta release of Personal Priston Tale, which is that it makes installing a PT server much, much easier.

I suspect people are analysing it as another Server Repack, at which it does not present well. It's too buggy and too feature shy, which is why it's a beta release. The installer is pretty stable though, and requires nothing from you. So I'm going to show you how to use it to install any other server repack you find.

Downloads
First, download all the files you need. That will be:-

There they are, on my desktop.
bobsobol - [Guide] How to install ANY server repack with the Personal Priston Tale installer - RaGEZONE Forums
Uncommonly here, I'm using an XP Pro SP2 system... one of my most loathed Windows versions, but one that is very common, and capable of running both a client and server. (I hate Luna Bliss with a vengeance, so I had to at least apply the Royale patch.)

Making Your Own Installation
Okay, so we need to extract the PersonalPT_vx-x-xm.exe (where x-x-x is the version number and m is the release status, beta, rc or full) I'm going to extract it to my desktop, but in a folder called "Server".
bobsobol - [Guide] How to install ANY server repack with the Personal Priston Tale installer - RaGEZONE Forums
Next, we need to get rid of that crappy redistribution that comes with PPT :p and add our shiny new up-to-date files. In my Server folder, under GameServer I can delete everything except Post.exe. Select all (ctrl + a) and Ctrl click Post.exe should do the trick. ;)
You can either right click and "Delete" or hit Del on your keyboard or even drag and drop in the Trash / Rubbish / Papier Kob / Recycle Bin or whatever the hell it's called on your localised version of Winblows. ;)

Next we need to copy all the files from our new server repack in there.
Right, that was easy. Now we copy over any and all updates replacing files as we go... after all, these are supposed to fix bugs, so we hope they don't introduce any.
---Edit--- {Thanks to tnrh1 for spotting this glaring mistake}
Some server sets include field and char folders, others do not. In any case, you would be safer off copying these from your client, as they relate to the maps you client knows about, and every so often they do change a little bit.

Copy the "char" and "field" folders from your game client, and place them in the "GameServer" folder, where the "server4096.exe" files is.
---Edit---

Okay... that's about it, except for a couple of quick mods to the file set.

First we want to make sure the installer can update our servers hotuk.ini... I hope you have a good one in there.

I'm not sure that just doing this does actually give a good hotuk.ini, but when I'd done filling in the field markers this is how it looked for me:-
Code:
[COLOR=Navy]*MODE[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]SERVER[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*SERVER_CODE[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]0[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*SERVER_AUTOPLAY[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]*SERVER_NAME[/COLOR] <Name>
[COLOR=DarkGreen]//*VERSION 1871         [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*MAX_USERS[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]200[/COLOR]       

[COLOR=Navy]*GAME_SERVER[/COLOR] <Name> <IP> <IP> <IP>  
[COLOR=DarkGreen]//*GAME_SERVER "Beta" 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1  
//*GAME_SERVER "Administrator" 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1        

//Habilite caso tenha problemas para conectar, mas desabilitado resolve o erro de 8 user(s)
//*SERVER_LINK_IP 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1
//CLAN SYSTEM[/COLOR] 

[COLOR=Navy]*CLAN_SERVER[/COLOR] <IP> [COLOR=DarkRed]80[/COLOR] <IP>  [COLOR=DarkGreen]//IP do Clan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*ENABLE_CLAN[/COLOR] <IP> [COLOR=DarkRed]80[/COLOR] <IP>  [COLOR=DarkGreen]//IP do Clan[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]*SERVER_RECORD_MEM[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*CHECK_POTION_COUNT[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]10000[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*ENABLE_PARTYITEM[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*PERMIT_EXP[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]100000000000[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*ENABLE_SERVER_EXP[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]20000000000[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*PERMIT_MONEY[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]100000000[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]*CHECK_PLAYFIELD
*SERVER_INVENTORY
*CLIENT_CHECK_FUNC[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]//BELLATRA[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*EVENT_HARDCORE[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*BELATRA_TAX[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]10[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*BELATRA_DIVSCORE[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]//DISABLE_THROWITEM   //SE HABILITADO NINGUEM JOGA NADA NO CHAO
//DISABLE_QUEST       //DESABILITA AS QUEST´S
//DISABLE_DEC_SKILLPOINT 
//*DISABLE_LOGIN      //DESABILITA LOGINS DE USER NORMAIS
//CRAZY_PACKET       // EMITE PACOTES PARA VERIFICAR A CONEÃO.

//GERAÇÃO DE LOGS (SERVER)[/COLOR] 
[COLOR=Navy]*RECORD_JOBCHANGER[/COLOR]    [COLOR=DarkGreen]//GRAVAMUDANÇAS DE TIER[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*REC_ADMIN_CMD[/COLOR]        [COLOR=DarkGreen]//GRAVA TODOS COMANDOS EXECUTADOS PELOS GM´S[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*RECORD [COLOR=Blue]ITEM[/COLOR][/COLOR]           [COLOR=DarkGreen]//GRAVA TODOS OS ITEMS (DROPADOS/VENDIDOS/JOGADOS FORA...) [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*RECORD [COLOR=Blue]COPIED ITEM[/COLOR][/COLOR]    [COLOR=DarkGreen]//GRAVA ITENS DUPLICADOS (RECUPERADO?)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*RECORD[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]COPIED ITEM IN WAREHOUSE[/COLOR]  [COLOR=DarkGreen]//GRAVA ITENS DUPLICADOS NO ARMAZEM

//LOCAL onde é PVP
//*ENABLE_PK 1           //HABILITA O PVP EM TODOS OS MAPAS[/COLOR] 
[COLOR=Navy]*PK_FIELD[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]33[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*PK_FIELD[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]9[/COLOR]             

[COLOR=DarkGreen]// EVENTOS[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*EVENT_EXPUP[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]10000[/COLOR]       [COLOR=DarkGreen] //EVENTO XP AQUI ESTA 10X PARA 100X AUMENTA UM 0 (LEMBRE DO XP NOS ARQUIVOS DOS MOBOS!)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*EVENT_POTION[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]8[/COLOR]           [COLOR=DarkGreen]//EVENTO MULT-POTES - AQUI SAO DROPADOS ATE 8 POTES[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*EVENT_BITMASK[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]32[/COLOR]         [COLOR=DarkGreen]//PERMITE MOVER-SE PARA O BLESS CASTLE[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*EVENT_BLESSCASTLE[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkGreen]//*EVENT_SUMMER_CHICKEN   //EVENTO COELHA GIGANTE (BOSS)
//*EVENT_SANTAGOBLIN      //EVENTO DUENDE NOEL
//*EVENT_GHOST            //EVENDO DO FANTASMÃO
//*EVENT_MOLLYWOLF        //EVENTO DA VOVO MOLLU - LOBO MAU 
//*EVENT_MORIFSHELTOM     //EVENTO DO MORIF (CARA DO AGING)
//*EVENT_WHITEDAY
//*EVENT_VALENTINEDAY
//*EVENT_NINEFOX          //EVENTO DO AMULETO CALDO E NONO
//*EVENT_BABELHORN        //EVENTO CHIFRE DE BABEL
//*EVENT_PUZZLE          //EVENTO DO QUEBRA CABEÇA 
//*EVENT_BIRTHDAY
//*EVENT_STARPOINT
//*EVENT_CRISTAL         //EVENTO CRISTAL[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*EVENT_CHILD[/COLOR]             [COLOR=DarkGreen]//EVENTO CABEÇÃO[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkGreen]//*EVENT_DAMAGEOFF       //EVENTO PLAYERS SOFREM MENOS DANOS
//*EVENTO_MANDOO
//*EVENT_GIRL            //EVENTO GAROTA RESETA AS SKILL\STATUS[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]//PROTEÇÃO DO SERVIDOR 

//*CONNECT_CLIENT_CODE  1065117298
//*DISCONNECT_CLIENT_BADCODE
//*CLSAFE_CODE -1374628258
//*DISCONENCT_CLSAFE_CODE
//*BLOCK LEVEL 1
//*DISCONECT_ITEM_ERROR 1
//*CLIENT_CHECK_PROCESS_TIME 30
//*CLIENT_PROCESS_TIME_OUT

//ATIVA AUTOMATICAMENTE O CASTELO DE BLESS[/COLOR]  
[COLOR=Navy]*EVENT_BLESSCASTLE[/COLOR]  [COLOR=DarkRed]20[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*EVENT_SIEGE_TIME[/COLOR]   [COLOR=DarkRed]7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]//COMUNICAÇÕES e INFORMAÇÕES[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*NOTICE_URL[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*DISP_BILLING_TIME[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]//BACKUP[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*BACKUP_FOLDER_NAME[/COLOR] [COLOR=Purple]"C:\Server\Logs"[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*BACKUP_PATH[/COLOR] [COLOR=Purple]"C:\Server\Logs"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]//AREA DE ADMINSTRAÇÃO[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]*DEBUG_ID[/COLOR] admin1 [COLOR=DarkGreen]//NOME DE LOGINS DOS GMS. EX  GM1 GM2 GM3[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkGreen]//*DEBUG_IP 127.0.0.1 5.19.107.223 5.35.248.71 5.35.86.23 5.239.3.251 127.0.0.1 //IPS DOS GMS. EX  IPDOGM1 IPDOGM2 IPDOGM3[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*ADMIN_NAME[/COLOR] [COLOR=Purple]"PinoyPT"[/COLOR]  [COLOR=DarkGreen]//PALAVRA PASSE USADA PELOS GM PARA ATIVAÇÃO DOS LV[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]
*ADMIN_COMMAND[/COLOR] [COLOR=Purple]"1"[/COLOR]   [COLOR=DarkGreen]//COMANDO DE ATIVCAÇÃO LV1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*ADMIN_COMMAND[/COLOR] [COLOR=Purple]"2"[/COLOR]   [COLOR=DarkGreen]//COMANDO DE ATIVCAÇÃO LV2[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]*ADMIN_COMMAND[/COLOR] [COLOR=Purple]"3"[/COLOR]   [COLOR=DarkGreen]//COMANDO DE ATIVCAÇÃO LV3[/COLOR]
Optionally, if you want it to do the traditional server restart via HotukManager, you need to make sure the server executable you want it to run is called Server4096.exe.

If you don't want to do this, just un-tick the "Start Server on Login" box near the end of the installation... or read the Customize.rtf file included with PPT and the source Setup_PPTServer.iss for a better understanding of how to make it launch any server restarter you like. (as you may know, I'm not documentation shy ;) )

If you do want to use the original HotukManager.exe, please remember that you either need to patch the title of your server window to match what HotukManager is looking for, or patch HotukManager to look for the title of your servers window, as many redistributions didn't fix this. Including my example here. :(

Now you can run the SetupPPT.exe file and follow the wizard to completion.
Or you can run the MakeISO.bat to create an ISO image for burning if you want to install on another machine.

I hope the installation procedure is very simple, but I will make a couple of notes.

When asked for a password, I'm sure you know to pick a nice strong password, this is used as the master admin password for MS SQL Server, and if you don't change it, I default it to "anonymous" in the following line in the ISS script:-
Code:
PageTwo.Values[2] := GetPreviousData('Password', 'anonymous');
You should choose a password no less than 8 characters long, containing at least a mixture of upper and lower case letters and numbers, but some non-alpha-numeric characters wouldn't hurt. It's not hard to make a "I_E4tZ-Ch33zE" password you can remember, which will defeat any dictionary attack.

In my case, SP2 already has a capable MDAC installation, and the MDAC redistributable from Microsoft that I am not allowed to change, doesn't exit gracefully if the same or newer version is already installed. So I get this dialogue:-
Just cancel it, it looks like bad news, but it's actually good news, and if it weren't for this message it would actually mean the installation would take less time on your system than an older one.

Second, in my test run a gsarfw console window (I don't say DOS window as there is NO DOS in Windows NT) gets stuck. If it's still there after a couple of minuets and you are sure it is the same one, just close it... This is related to the one remaining bug I mentioned in the PPT thread. It's my code and I know it needs fixing.

After a reboot, I have to allow the Game Server and the Web server in my firewall... I'm still using XPs firewall on this clean Windows install that I'm going to delete very soon because... it's XP. If you aren't using loopback (localhost, 127.0.0.1) as I am, I hope you have something better in your firewall arsenal.
After that is done and I've OK'd the messages trying to push me to get a bigger and better web server my desktop looks like this:-
I hope yours does too, (aside from the sickly blue and green :(~~~ ) and I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Surely this is much easier than most other server set up guides? :D

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Re: How to install ANY server repack with the Personal Priston Tale installer

By far best help on this forum, IMO. Im way to lazy to setup the databases by myself anymore, i can do it all, once everythings installed, in about 25 mins. Now, with your help it takes me about 5 ^^ Keep up the great work bobs

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Question: how to register an account with this installer cause i done everything so far but the database is different than normal, Thanks :]

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Database shouldn't be any different... except different people arrange the Clan and SoD differently.

The only function of the web interface is a register account page at the moment... so the easiest way is to navigate your browser to or enter a user name and a password (under 6 or 7 characters) and unless it's taken, the account should be created.

--EDIT--

I was going to add this to the main post, but it seems I've reached my image limit, and of course I wasn't allowed to make 2 consecutive posts any more.

That web server, BTW, is BabyWeb, and if you want to use IIS you are welcome to do so, just un-tick the Web Server option in the PPT Setup wizard. The only real page there, at the moment, is the most important one... to register a new player account.
You can access the page from or of course other people will need your IP or URI if you are registered in a Name Server... but there is also a shortcut to that page added in the start menu under BabyWeb, as pictured above.

---EDIT 2---
Name servers: Yes a DNS registration is needed on the internet, and you can set up a local DNS server on a Windows, Linux or BSD (among others) system on your LAN, which won't require a registration fee for public listing and holding. Because it's not published outside your LAN. I find to be a good DNS origin / gateway server on most OS, and it's awesome for many other things too. It's no your newbie GUI simple setup though. :wink:

But if you are on a Windows Domain or Workgroup, either a WINS or Active Directory name will still work in your web browser. So if my server is registered on the Domain / Workgroup as "MY-SERVER" then "http://my-server/" will work all around the LAN too.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Okay... the second part of this tutorial is setting up a client to connect to the server you just created. I've got a couple of posts in-between now which is a shame but I don't want to start a new thread, because getting the server running really is only half the battle... so here goes.

Distributing Any Client with Personal Priston Tale

Files
Exactly like part 1 we need to extract the PPT client on the desktop in a new folder. This time I call it Client.

You need to get a compatible client for the server repack you are using, and I happen to know that by QuantumFusion will do quite nicely.

So I copy that over into the Client\Other folder, delete the game.exe and rename the new exe to game.exe.
Next I happen to know that this client uses an embedded IP in it's executable, and while the installer will set ptReg.rgx and possibly IData.bmp and so up, it can't modify the exe... that should be done before building the setup anyway IMHO. There are guides elsewhere here on that.

---EDIT--
Okay, so another post here remindend me that some people have "Background Music" when they play the game... strange but true. ;)

In my client, and because I know PTs .BGM files are just uncompressed Windows WAV files with an obfuscated file header and extension, I "fixed" them. The QF client I'm using doesn't expect that, so I should use a hex editor on the new game.exe to search and replace ".bgm" with ".wav" with case sencitivity off.

Either that, or just search for all the references to files with ".bgm" extensions in the exe, note them all down, then find all those files in the folder and rename them back to their ".bgm" equivelent... I think the former method is easier, unless you have some very important reason that you need the files to have a funny file extension.
--- /EDIT---

Configuration
With a quick scan through the healthy documentation ReadMe.rtf file, I know that I am going to have to install from jrsoftware to create my installer.

(Illustrated to show the included docs are very reader friendly)

The notes about bugs relate to the exe that is included, and will not apply to the new QuantumFusions 1873 client.

I also know (by reading that ReadMe file) that at the very least I need to change the GUID, before I give this to anyone else, and preferably before I build my own install.
In the process of doing this, I found that I can use a Name or a GUID in curly braces ( the "{" and "}") but if I use a GUID the first open curly brace, needs to be escaped with a double curly brace... So that string should be "{{60F2E5B8-5956-4FAF-902A-84CF39DCECF0}"

I should really put my server name and my contact details in there instead of "Personal Priston Tale" but for this example, I CBA. Besides, when you've got here, it should be pretty obvious how to do that.

It may be worth noting that there are some lines in the setup script that correct for securities in Windows NT6 and NT7 (Vista and Windows 7 to you) which the client doesn't expect... but this client (1873) should really have a similar line for AssaLoading.txt and AssaError.txt to the line for Shortcut.ini to allow the client to operate on them in newer OS too.

To know what you need to do for any particular file, your should watch very carefully for any files it tries to write to during its' execution. This can be tricky, since many are only written when there is a problem. You can also check for FileWrite APIs in Olly... but some are dynamic file names, which will make it as hard to identify that way is it would with .

Anyway, now I've done that, I can either hit compile in IS or I can close it, right click the ISS script and select "Compile" from within explorer. Then (eventually) I have a setup for my game on the desktop. A pretty small one, and if I got the files right, one which should work even on Windows 7.

Installing
So now I can just double click on that and follow the wizard as usual. Less steps than the server, and pretty quick compared to the build time, and we get to the end.
And now I can test it. The particular files I chose have a strange situation where no monsters or NPCs show up, and I had to tweak the Server hotuk.ini a bit before everything worked the way I really wanted... but having got it running, you can pass your files back to the original setup ISO creator and create your own distribution CD that you know works the way you want it to.
Note the lack of NPCs? :( I thought this would just be hotuk.ini not having *SERVER_AUTOPLAY enabled, as I had that before just recently, but it's not, and I don't really want to dig around much more with this as it's only an example... if you know what is wrong with this configuration, please share. I'm sure others would like to use this setup, as it's data set isn't too bad once you have the few glitches ironed out.

THIS ISSUE ALMOST CERTAINLY HAS THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTION
You should have the "field" and "char" folders copied out of your client, and into the server. See the server setup again.

Thanks to tnrh1 (Imri) for spotting this. ;)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I perfectly followed this guide, and bobsobol's game.exe worked properly, but when I try to start the QuantumFusion's game.exe somehow nothing happens. Its same with different game pack like KPT. UltimatePT.exe works,bobsobol's works,but Quantum's dosent. WHY? Is it because I use Vista?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

No, it's the encoding of the packets. There are at least two standard encoding methods, I call them English and Korean, but effectively the Brazilian official server and client and the Japanese Release system are the same as the English, and the Japanese test server is the same as the Korean server.

Some have suggested they managed the change the "encryption" of one client to fit another "encryption" for a different server. I'm not convinced that "encryption" is the right word... it's more like "protocol" or "encoding" than encryption... what encryption there is is a simple XOR or SSL encryption to protect username and password combinations, and Clan & SoD communication... the XOR method just protects private chat really... but Admin Authentication is a private chat, so you can see why.

My experimentation suggests that it is not this XOR that is different. Or at least, not only the XOR. What's more that the packets are split and issued in a totally different manner.

If you use the KPT ET 2.2 server, in place of mine, then QF client will work, and mine won't. Different "protocol". I guess an easy way to describe it, is like the difference between an Mpeg, and an AVI. They both play video files, and depending on how you compress them they can both have the same quality and size, but you need different readers, or "codecs" in order to play back the files, the video rendering engine and end result will be pretty much the same once the decoder works though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Sorry,because my english is not good,it seems you get me wrong. If we doublclick any game exe, we can usually reach at least the login menu. But here with Quantum's .exe really nothing happens.No process starts.I tried it with KPT,DPT and UltimatePT game client pack,but end in the same result,the process dosent start.I think it's nothing to do with which server I use, isnt it?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thank you. after downloading ur Files ,Ive set up the my server in just 30 min just follow ur guide correctly.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Sorry,because my english is not good,it seems you get me wrong. If we doublclick any game exe, we can usually reach at least the login menu. But here with Quantum's .exe really nothing happens.No process starts.I tried it with KPT,DPT and UltimatePT game client pack,but end in the same result,the process dosent start.I think it's nothing to do with which server I use, isnt it?
If the process enters and immediately quits from Task Manager, then I would suggest you are using a Quantum client that is still dependent on XTrap.

I don't include or depend on XTrap, and assume (my bad) that most people here are capable of adding XTrap, or GameGuard or nProtect as they want, or need.

@jamelm: Thanks for the reassurance that people can follow this. It would be nice to know what server file set you used.

@all: I just made two key updates. One, is a correction in the GUID area of the Client ISS file that I've "learned" since initial writing, and the other is a note about the background music, as my memory was jogged on that by another post on the forums here.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Oh! Grats on finding that... I don't think I checked a GM account... So, I'm fairly sure that is something in the Hotuk.ini... I can't see what it is right off from the listing I posted, but I don't run server hotuk.ini anything like that, try a different one... maybe even stick to the one I originally provided with PPT?

There are lots of very good server hotuk.ini on these forums.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hey this is good i have tryed lots of ways of makign a server and never got it to work ive managed to make the server and log onto it with the cleint! however there is no npcs :S and i set it to spawn hoppys in village-2 (Ricarten) just to test and nothing spawns please help how do i fix this? ive used this program with both Ultimate150CAP files and with the 619 one your posted and they both 0 npcs do i have to change something else? im redoing the databases now to try that

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Try a different Hotuk.ini. Look for one in the Resources and Files thread.

And don't try to spawn Hoppies in town. It's not a "hunt map" and so hostile NPCs will not spawn there.

Just pop outside town to look for NPCs.

Also, try with an Admin Hotuk.ini in your client folder, as it seems the server config is set to only allow debug / admin users to see the monsters. Like a "test mode".

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Someone helped me to fix it, i jst had to move char+filed from my cleint dircttry into my server one lmao but now i cant get it to connect i can get it to connect on a local address 127.0.0.1 but i cant hav it connect to my remote address refer to post on PT forum plz help asap thanks!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Ahh, so it's changing from localhost to... WAN / LAN IP?

If you are looking at the WAN IP, check the correct port is open in your router and any firewall on your PC. If it's the LAN IP, then check your firewall only, the router shouldn't affect it.

Oh, and by the way, that IP is configured throughout many server files and your system registry during my setup process, which is why you are asked for it at that point. I can't remember all of the places, which is why I put them all in the setup script.

I think you can just re-install, deselecting any of the IIS options, to replace them all. (IIS won't re-install cleanly)

I was thinking to add an IP update setup script to the distribution... because it's quite common for people to get it running on localhost and expose it to the big bad webbernet after they are happy with it.

Check my IPs and Ports guide for reference as to, what is WAN / LAN IP, what port am I using etc.

Last edited:
Imri Persiado
Reaction score

thanks bobsbol for this perfect tutorial work fine for me and of course to the ppt release.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

If you like it, click the "Thanks" button, but since you spotted the "Char" / "Field" issue, you kinda have some investment in it's present state. :wink:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

can u reupload 619 server repack by Sacred / xiangsho
and shagpubs' KPT Endless Tower 2.2 update in the other hosting siteS?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Original links:-
server.ptgamer.org
MegaUpload
MegaUpload

Extra links:-
MediaFire
Uploading.com
bobsobol.host1x.net