Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] How to install ANY server repack with the Personal Priston Tale installer

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Bob,

been testing my server and it's looking good, but I have come across my first issue. When I use fireball (magician char) the client crashes. done a quick search but couldn't find anything.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
:eek:: I've not seen that one... for once I'm not sure I know how to help you; at all. Fireball is an old skill, and should have no problem syncing up.

The only thing I could think of, is that it is a high damage skill, and I think it has some AOE. Is your rate too high? Over damage, or over Exp will cause DC for security reasons, so you have to be careful how high you set those.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
crash's on any spell used... I haven't changed any setting from the original files at all.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is your server keeping logs? I would check to see if it's recording something, as I don't think it should be anything to do with the client. Unless you have a mismatch with some effects file.

I've not looked into what effect is associated with what skill, but I do know that the latest Korean clients have new monster effect which cause the exe to crash as soon as you try to log in if the rest of your data is older than about version 1980.

Also, remember that the resources in my PPT client where renamed, and moved in accordance with some modifications I made to that executable. Perhaps using one of the KPT client updaters I posted in to get a complete and authentic "asset" (that's all the meshes, sounds, music, effects and other "arty" stuff) dataset to use with your "alternative" client would help?

If you keep them in separate folders, then you can move over the textures and sprites (HUDs and UI elements) which have language specific text in them from my client should that prove to be the issue.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
downloading kpt-release now...and will try that.

This is the first time I'm setting up a pt-server, so not sure how to enable logging on the server.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

The download still going.....

In the mean time I downloaded and tried kpt1977 game.exe and The crashes are gone, Spells work without kicking me out. Only problem is all items show up in different language. Is there another game.exe that is english that I could try?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The displayed item "Name" comes from the server files. The rest of the statistics are in the executable.

The last executable I released now comes with a patch of basic English translations ready to apply thanks to Osirus.

Alternatively, I started a project called Butchered International. That is (potentially) a much more complete translation to any and all languages. But it is bugged on timed quests. :(: (So Butchered4 is in the building. :wink:)

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alternatively, I started a project called Butchered International. That is (potentially) a much more complete translation to any and all languages. But it is bugged on timed quests. :(: (So Butchered4 is in the building. :wink:)

:(
But I hope rest of translation going on like crazy? :D

PS. I noticed that clean server and files will never crash your server o_O
Unlike on KPT-endlezzZZ version (there was crash after crash).

I running clean jPT 4096 with few modifications and no crash for week...
just 2 players using auto mouse (to make it more lively ;))
So I wonder what auto-restarter is for? ;) Unless massive number of players can't be controlled :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
:(
But I hope rest of translation going on like crazy? :D
No, what's going on like crazy is a re-factoring of Butchered into Butchered4 (version 3 being cleaner of XTrap code but picking up some other strange and incurable bug) which has the sole purpose of being easy to add imports and exports to external modules to make it unnecessary to EVER have to modify the game executable again to make ANY changes to your client configuration.

By that method... which was always the plan for the International.dll, I can fall back on classic API calls for specific sections of code, like the timed quests, while pointing everything else at the International DLL. :D:
PS. I noticed that clean server and files will never crash your server o_O
Unlike on KPT-endlezzZZ version (there was crash after crash).

I running clean jPT 4096 with few modifications and no crash for week...
just 2 players using auto mouse (to make it more lively ;))
So I wonder what auto-restarter is for? ;) Unless massive number of players can't be controlled :)
This is because the team that put ET2.2 together where editing primarily in HexWorkshop, using search and replace on known constants they wanted to change... like... the port number from Japanese to Korean and such, with only minor edits done in Olly.:thumbdown:

The blind search and replace has found numerous false matches and carried out it's masters wish of replacing them without any regard as to what it was actually changing. For example, is this "19 27" the port 10009 or is it part of a machine code instruction 9 bytes long? HexWorkshop doesn't know, and doesn't care, it's user has told it to change them all, and change them all it will. :wink:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello fellow ragezoners, I had questions regarding creating your own PT server/game that I PM bobsobol with. He made an excellent suggestion to have the conversation posted on this guide thread so that everyone can benefit.

Hello bobsobol,

I know you get a lot of messages about hosting your own PT server and I know that there are several threads/guides explaining how. I did follow the one you provided here:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f562/guide...rsonal-616435/

The thing is, I am confused on what to do next after creating the server. I was able to get what you have in the last screenshot of your first post.

Am I suppose to just download the client of my choice and run it off the server I just created or is there something important I must do?

Thank you in advanced for your help

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This was my initial response:-

That guide isn't actually designed for setting up an initial server, so much as repacking a server with the installer I created for Personal Priston Tale.

Server releases should come with a client executable, because in many ways the two are paired. Each should follow the same packet type and port, which is largely a mater of regional variation. Which is to say, the Korean, Japanese, English, Vietnamese, Chinese and Latino clients and servers all have slightly different packet structure and encoding, and work on a different default port. Additionally they should have the same maximum level and experience to level table, the same maps and map layout (though the client can support more than the server hosts without incident) and the same item tables embedded in them. Not to mention that certain boss monsters can cause the client or server to crash if they are not the same both ends.

The assets do, usually come from a regular client download of the same base language. However, the PPT server is distributed with a complete client. (it's now far from the most recent client, however)

Did you get as far as in that thread where I explain how to modify the client installation with an executable which matches the server repack you are integrating into my installer?​

Aaron, correctly, initially blocked this post for bumping this old thread. But I had previously told xatomisk it would be okay as this section does exempt normal bumping if the question is directly related, and generally enhances the thread. Aaron is also my superior, and quite entitled to over-rule me on that if he wishes.

I would ask that we be "moved" rather than deleted if he wishes to do that though. :pray:

Back