Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gunz Level 2 and 3 section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
Ooh hai,

I saw this idea on GZP and I think it would be great here as well.
A section for members who are members for a few years and have lots of posts so we can release things for more experienced people.

I thought about something like this:

Level 3 for people who are member since 2007 and have 1000 posts.
Level 2 for people who are member since 2008 and have 500 posts.

What are your thoughts about this?

With kind regards,

- KillerStefan

Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
Stefan: I'll simply leave this thread with this. If you want to call people "noobs" maybe you should try and figure out how the 2008 client works =p. You were asking Lambda about it, and I know for a fact you can't get from MEF -> XML or disable XTrap.

I was asking Lambda if he wanted to help me with making Gunz for Damo.
And yes, I don't know how to do that but I can use Xtrap and I don't plan on adding custom items.
I know hes much further then I am and lots of people are.
You know I don't mean ''noob'' in skill with programming, I mean the people who come here and think we're going to make them a pserver.
I know you think I can't make a Gunz 2008 server on my own but I'll show you soon that I have it working with Gamble Items and Xtrap.

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
Ooh hai,

I saw this idea on GZP and I think it would be great here as well.
A section for members who are members for a few years and have lots of posts so we can release things for more experienced people.

I thought about something like this:

Level 3 for people who are member since 2007 and have 1000 posts.
Level 2 for people who are member since 2008 and have 500 posts.

What are your thoughts about this?

With kind regards,

- KillerStefan
i agree with this :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
You're gonna release the 08 files if this works out?

Well that depends.
I'm not sure if there are much people who wish to participate and wish to share things on our community and if see everyone does the chance is always bigger.
It's not like I'm going to start a site and release these files there right away because I know that there always will be 1 person who releases them then for credits or w/e.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was planning on inviting you to it because you are one of the good things who joined later then 2007, same goes for BetrayedArcheon.
why not send it to people you think deserve it on msn (if you don't have them add them) that way you know who has it and hopefully they will respect your decision to send it privately and keep it that way

Upvote 0
Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
TBH, Stefan, ur idea will kill RZ.
(Cuz you would just gather haters)
There always will be Noobs asking stupid questions.
U CANT change the way of the internet.
If People would make GOOD Tutorials and not stuff like "how to change color of a item" poop there might be some more expirienced ppl around here.
But tbh, the most PServer Developing Pro's arent on RZ.
RZ ist the Forum for Pro's.
ZS is a Forum for ALL who whant to learn about it.

Dont just say that i dont know how it feels like getting asked on how to do stuff over and over again.
Befor i did Gunz Model Developing i was into something else, where also big amounts of noobs were asking poop all over again.

Just do like gregon said.
If you dont want to get ur Stuff leached or "abused" by Noobs just give your stuff to the Ppl u know.
But dont forget to release stuff to the puplic also.
Or do it like this, u release stuff to ur Friends and ppl u know.
And like 3-4 Months later to the Puplic?

Upvote 0
Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
why not send it to people you think deserve it on msn (if you don't have them add them) that way you know who has it and hopefully they will respect your decision to send it privately and keep it that way

Thought of that but I know things don't work that way.

TBH, Stefan, ur idea will kill RZ.
(Cuz you would just gather haters)
There always will be Noobs asking stupid questions.
U CANT change the way of the internet.
If People would make GOOD Tutorials and not stuff like "how to change color of a item" poop there might be some more expirienced ppl around here.
But tbh, the most PServer Developing Pro's arent on RZ.
RZ ist the Forum for Pro's.
ZS is a Forum for ALL who whant to learn about it.

Dont just say that i dont know how it feels like getting asked on how to do stuff over and over again.
Befor i did Gunz Model Developing i was into something else, where also big amounts of noobs were asking poop all over again.

Just do like gregon said.
If you dont want to get ur Stuff leached or "abused" by Noobs just give your stuff to the Ppl u know.
But dont forget to release stuff to the puplic also.
Or do it like this, u release stuff to ur Friends and ppl u know.
And like 3-4 Months later to the Puplic?

When you came here you found your own way on how to do things.
Your work is awesome, I remember when you gave me some weapons for A247 Gunz.
I know this forum is all about sharing but remember that it also took a long time before the June 2007 server files where released.
Lots of people already had it and refused to give it out and yes I asked people for them too and yes I did that for the 2008 files as well and got them from someone really nice.
I wasn't planning on keeping the files forever and they would become avaiable to the noobs as well but I just want a development section for people who are already further then the noobs and can boost the development so we can all fully focus on that.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
KillerStefan, I agree with you on some parts. Judging people by their join dates is crazy, however, with the posts/thanks is a nice idea. Everyone has their own opinion and suggestions.

I believe we need to talk on MSN over this. :) I'll PM you mine if you want to.

Upvote 0
Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
KillerStefan, I agree with you on some parts. Judging people by their join dates is crazy, however, with the posts/thanks is a nice idea. Everyone has their own opinion and suggestions.

I believe we need to talk on MSN over this. :) I'll PM you mine if you want to.

Yeah, join dates was a little crazy because I can name lots of people who came in 2008 and did great work as well.
Even people from 2009 like phoenix did lots of good things.
PM me your MSN btw :)

Upvote 0
DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
eh, I kinda agree. I do like the concept of having higher post counts gets you more privileges in the forum sub sections, but I have to agree with Mental that everything "HERE" (hint? :p) should be free and available.
KillerStefan has my support because I trust him ;)
EDIT : rofl, 3,900 post :p

Upvote 0
Reaction score

That really doesn't work out. When your "hopes" of trusting someone are broken, it's just too disappointing. I've had a bad experience like this before. Hopefully something else will come up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back