Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[IMPORTANT] illegal dmca certificate and rom server [Süleyman Ekici]

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
i dont want to open the pandora box, but you also know that there is a real BIG player out there running our beloved RoM game also without a licence since approx 9 years very successful ? :D What are you doing against that ?

I can tell you what i did: i talked to GMs from Gameforge, they know it but can't do anything.

And to be honest i can't see a big problem in that, since it doesnt disturb the small RoM Community inhere. But no one wants to enlighten me if i maybe could be wrong with my opinion.

Reaction score
i dont want to open the pandora box, but you also know that there is a real BIG player out there running our beloved RoM game also without a licence since approx 9 years very successful ? :D What are you doing against that ?

I can tell you what i did: i talked to GMs from Gameforge, they know it but can't do anything.

And to be honest i can't see a big problem in that, since it doesnt disturb the small RoM Community inhere. But no one wants to enlighten me if i maybe could be wrong with my opinion.
Money rules the world.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

The servers you mentioned do not block the content, because their names are not even RoM, but the situation is different here, you will see in the future.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ok, so you are saying if the turkish server is called Book of Love , then it would be ok ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, so you are saying if Suleyman names his turkish servers Book of Love , then it would be ok ?
This would be less of a problem because when you post a fake copyright the system might say oh, wait, you're not Runes of Magic. This, content on the internet is not removed.

You still don't understand the problem, the real problem is not that he is running a server but that he makes it look like legal and restricts everyone else's freedom.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Money rules the world.
That is exactly what this argument is about ......and the truth be known they are all violating the copywrite law either way ...so None of them have any room to talk ... Only post ill make here ....... where is the popcorn ........

You still don't understand the problem, the real problem is not that he is running a server but that he makes it look like legal and restricts everyone else's freedom.

I seen that you run a server also romever so what makes your argument valid if your doing it also, He just got more creative then you did ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That is exactly what this argument is about ......and the truth be known they are all violating the copywrite law either way ...so None of them have any room to talk ... Only post ill make here ....... where is the popcorn ........

I seen that you run a server also romever so what makes your argument valid if your doing it also ?
I haven't run a server in a long time, I'm too busy developing games myself compared to the scammers here.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I haven't run a server in a long time, I'm too busy developing games myself compared to the scammers here.
That why i create things for Myself and Mageoski no one else as a hobby. i admit things i created when we all started are SO out of date today but could be fixed and worked up to close to current USA.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay guys, I've been silently following this thread since it popped up, and I want to say a few things:

1. In the past, many servers have claimed to be legit, by obtaining some kind of mysterious license. Every time I read this, I instantly know it's a lie, and it makes laugh, because everyone can research the matter.

How do I know this?

a) Like other members in this forum, everyone can figure out who the rightful trademark and or publishing contractor of Runes of Magic is/are.
1 - [IMPORTANT] illegal dmca certificate and rom server [Süleyman Ekici] - RaGEZONE Forums

Since Runewaker had enough troubles around this topic in the past, they created this website to end the fake claims. (In case anyone wants to argue about: "Maybe it's not on the website yet, they need some time to edit it" - I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not how legit companies operate in the real world. Such important information would have been updated ASAP!)

b)I'm around the pserver scene for the past 12 years. (HOLY poop I`M GETTING OLD)In those years, I was involved in successful projects and in not so successful projects, in small projects and in extreme projects. In all these years, Runewaker was never willing to support me or any of my teams, because for them, runes of magic is a money grab. They don't care. They don't need to care. Furthermore, they found an equal moral corrupt company (Gameforge) and are milking the community ever since. Runewaker is simply not interested in Runes of Magic. If you followed the official websites and registry over the years (like me) you will have noticed that Runewaker focused on the mobile marked, after Emberguard (Guardinas of Ember) failed as a mmorpg on steam. They even had Runes of Magic removed from their websites for years, until Arcadia started making claims about their "license". Since then, Runewaker only wants to stop the bleeding. They don't want to hear about pservers or licenses anymore. They are happy with Gameforge.

c)In 2021, the Runes of Magic publishing contract between Runewaker and Gameforge4D (Eu&NA) was going to end. A lot of people (including me) hoped that they would not renew the contract. This would open the door for some developers to create actually new meaningful content around Runes of Magic, because then it would be community driven. Sadly, they renewed the contract and even expanded on their conditions. Gameforge used to have publishing only rights, which means, that they are not allowed to alter the code or make patches by themselves. This and other conditions were changed in order to guarantee Gameforge the opportunity to milk the community even longer. As part of these changes, you were able to enjoy the horrible (bugged and abused) new steam servers that they released a while ago, with these super nice rewards that definitely no one tried to abuse or glitch.
Since Gameforge showed Runewaker, that you can still milk players with this game, Runewaker additionally decided it's time to find a new publisher in asia (china) so they made a contract with TD22 ( ) in 2022.
(And after mupu released our base version of the 64bit code, we even forced them to collab against Runewaker and invest into a ram leak fix)

Now, after we have all the information we need, we can let the fake licensing stuff behind and focus on the details of this situation.
I want to go over some technical stuff, before I give my personal opinion.

2. Turkey's economy is in shambles right now. The Lira is fucked, let's be real here. Turkish players have complained about this fact forever. In the current state, it's quite simple to get a Turkish company registered. They are happy about every money that even could come in. This has been the state for some years now and has resulted in many (partly even national wide) fraud and scam scandals.
(Some example that dates back to 2018 so you guys can see that this is "normal" / In case you want to see a German news report: ) As someone who has personal ties to Turkey, I can ensure you, a lot of scamming is happening over there.
The government is desperate in finding money income, so they don't ask too many questions. It's quite simple to have something verified over there. As MentaL said: "Money rules the world."

3. It is quite interesting to know, that self claimed license holders need pserver forums in order to get their own thing running. I've seen the posts back then, and it was clear, that they are lacking all kind of basic knowledge about the code, the tools and (most likely) c++ dev skills. Now, knowing that some questions were asked on alts, makes this point even clearer to me. I've seen the outdated examples (like Mageoski pointed out) but also newer examples (like MentaL showed) and this ensures me, that they have no ties to Runewaker.

I want to let you in on some secret: Back when Runewaker had multiple publishers, there used to be a publicly available Runes of Magic wiki which you only had access too, if you had a verified Runewaker employee account or certified dev pass account for one of the publishers. This wiki was not like a game wiki you can find on fandom.com or rom-welten.com. This was an internal wiki with all the technical documentation about the code and sub programs that are involved in the Runes of Magic server and client structure.
Stuff like: how to make people vip, how to manage vip, how to manage the logview, how to enable events, how to properly merge databases, how to restart zones and services, which Visual Studio setup you need in order to compile the code etc. etc. etc.
This wiki still exists, but is hidden behind a VPN since domo attacked it way too often.
What I want to say is: if there would be an agreement between romdestan.com and Runewaker, they would have gotten access to this wiki, like TD22 did, and there would be no need to ask such simple questions.

4. Claims that Gameforge would cooperate with any pservers is the boldest lie I have heard this year. Gameforge is actively claiming other pservers. This started after Arcadia was able to get their first fake license verified and started claiming Gameforge content. You can follow this nonsense on the Lumen Database (international DMCA database) ( ).

If that would not be enough, let's check what happens if I open romdestan.com in my browser:
2 - [IMPORTANT] illegal dmca certificate and rom server [Süleyman Ekici] - RaGEZONE Forums

What is happening here?! Right, my anti-virus tool is blocking the site. (In case anyone wants to argue about GDATA: - educate yourself about the importance and meaning of this software)

This is not making a good look to me. Lets check Virustotal :
3 - [IMPORTANT] illegal dmca certificate and rom server [Süleyman Ekici] - RaGEZONE Forums

Looks like a legit server with trademark and publishing rights and definitely ties to Gameforge and even the rarest of rare cases, Gameforge devs cooperating with them. KAPPA

(by the way, I used to make the same checks once I've heard about their server back then and had the same results)

5.At first, one might ask romever : "Why making such a thread in the first place?" or "Why open up such drama in this forum?", but I totally support this action. I don't know romever nor do I know the people involved in romdestan, but everyone should recognize that projects like this Runes of Magic Turkey Steam thing only survive because of fake claiming other projects. Greedy people want to destroy and suck out every available penny, they are not interested in building up a long living healthy community.
As I showed above, the problem of fake dmcaing is something that's not new to us, but this is the pinnacle of it (so far).

6.Now, as my post should have made clear that I do not support this project nor romdestan doing it, I want to make some clear statement as someone who originally was involved creating the 64bit sourcecode used in question:

The idea for the one for all release was to give back to people who made G4L what it was. To thank our players who saw the game changing for the first time ever since the original release in 2009. After the sad ending of G4L (at least mupu`s and my ending there) we wanted to give back to the players who supported us over the years and give them the opportunity to play Runes of Magic in a crash free and 64bit stable environment. We deliberately NOT included our reworked tools and programs which are needed to alter the game files. We did not want to support the rise of greedy devs who wants to make a quick buck, instead we wanted to help the people who are sad of all the scam server and just want to play the Ducking game. Ofc we had offers for buyouts, but that was never our intention. That's why it makes me truly sick seeing such obvious greed projects like you guys are trying to run. Taking our code and fake licensing it under your name, is the reason why I make this post!
Observing that you now also instantly abuse this fuckery fake license to DMCA takedown content from others, makes it truly evil.
How dare you taking our code for this fucked up scam!

Luckily, some people in the space know the security weaknesses of this codebase ( as I said, we released our base version, so people can play the god damn Ducking game) and as soon as you duck with the wrong servers, you will notice. So as long as you haven't invested HEAVILY into A BUNCH of SKILLED c++ devs, you will have a shitshow with steam about supporting the game. Good Luck with the customer support :)

_____
okay folks, I don't expect anyone to actually read all of this so if you did, you're a G and actually truly care about the health of a) Runes of Magic or b)Pserver publishing. Thanks and respect m8!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
WOW, what a nice Post. Thx mollo!

There are some REALLY interesting infos in there. Thank you again!

A bit Offtopic

And yes, you are totally right, Gameforge (formerly known as frogster) are milking the community from the start when they realized Runes of Magic was a total success.

Runes of Magic was my maingame from 2007 - 2011/12 on Muinin (with some months playing in between till around 2015) -> I was leader of Guild Dharma, later went to WaZn (greetings guys, it was a great time) . I had my greatest time with really awesome people in the game, and i can tell you: IT WAS Ducking EXPENSIVE. I do not know how much cash i spent in the game, but its thousands of €. And i never regret that. Also my wife was playing the game back in 2007, but not as long as me. If you want to be at End Content to that time, there were only 2 Solutions: 1) You have no work and spent 24/7 in the game with trillions of Twinks, or you cash in. I cashed in, since i had to work.

I can tell Storys, where people bought and sold pimped Armour for thousands of €, and also rare stuff was sold by players for thousands of Euros. That started begining when Frogster brought the bind lifter and later the advanced bind lifter into the game. Remember Moas-Core? They were sold ingame for approx 100 € everytime it dropped and was not needed by someone. Possible with Paysafe cards.

Frogster/Gameforge saw that people were willing to accept the P2Win Mechanic and then +12/+16/+20 Stuff came into the game, which made it even more ridicilous and they were horribly overpriced. When they throw the +30 stuff in i was out of the game. That was the moment that broke the camel's back.

I have a MP3 download (teamspeak, in german) of a 3 hour community Meeting with an ex-Community Manager from Frogster/Gameforge. That was very interesting, but unfortunately the CM was a liar from the start.

And just to be clear: i do not support that Turkish Server, and its really bold to call it Runes of Magic. And the Question from me "Why should we care of that", after Domos Posting i guess i think "Ok, we should care of it" but because only for players who will play on this scam and maybe put a lot of money into it for nothing. (How the hell they want to manage the server if they need help from here)

As i said before: i NEVER would run a public server. First reason i'm in germany, that would be a bad idea anyway ^^, but the more importan thing: at the end i do not have ANY knowledge of fixing stuff if you need to, like Luas, C++, SQL etc. ( i can do small things nevertheless, but thats only enough for myself)

Thank you also Mollo, that you and Mupu (and i guess beerpyrs also) decided to release that 64-Bit Stuff. I LOVE IT every Time i run the server. I just started a new toon on my server which again has approx 1500 Quests finished (yes, yes...with GM ^^), but its simply awesome. Also i thank Janebug for doing all the stuff hes investing in the Server with 7.x stuff(also with some help from here and there from members i dont want to name here as i not sure if i'm allowed to).

I still have my Char on officials, and it still crashes after some ports. Nothing was fixed on officials, although their was a "fix" which should have adressed that. But it didnt work. :D

Sorry for Offtopic.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay guys, I've been silently following this thread since it popped up, and I want to say a few things:

1. In the past, many servers have claimed to be legit, by obtaining some kind of mysterious license. Every time I read this, I instantly know it's a lie, and it makes laugh, because everyone can research the matter.

How do I know this?

a) Like other members in this forum, everyone can figure out who the rightful trademark and or publishing contractor or Runes of Magic is/are.
View attachment 244216
Since Runewaker had enough troubles around this topic in the past, they created this website to end the fake claims. (In case anyone wants to argue about: "Maybe it's not on the website yet, they need some time to edit it" - I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not how legit companies operate in the real world. Such important information would have been updated ASAP!)

b)I'm around the pserver scene for the past 12 years. (HOLY poop I`M GETTING OLD)In those years, I was involved in successful projects and in not so successful projects, in small projects and in extreme projects. In all these years, Runewaker was never willing to support me or any of my teams, because for them, runes of magic is a money grab. They don't care. They don't need to care. Furthermore, they found an equal moral corrupt company (Gameforge) and are milking the community ever since. Runewaker is simply not interested in Runes of Magic. If you followed the official websites and registry over the years (like me) you will have noticed that Runewaker focused on the mobile marked, after Emberguard (Guardinas of Ember) failed as a mmorpg on steam. They even had Runes of Magic removed from their websites for years, until Arcadia started making claims about their "license". Since then, Runewaker only wants to stop the bleeding. They don't want to hear about pservers or licenses anymore. They are happy with Gameforge.

c)In 2021, the Runes of Magic publishing contract between Runewaker and Gameforge4D (Eu&NA) was going to end. A lot of people (including me) hoped that they would not renew the contract. This would open the door for some developers to create actually new meaningful content around Runes of Magic, because then it would be community driven. Sadly, they renewed the contract and even expanded on their conditions. Gameforge used to have publishing only rights, which means, that they are not allowed to alter the code or make patches by themselves. This and other conditions were changed in order to guarantee Gameforge the opportunity to milk the community even longer. As part of these changes, you were able to enjoy the horrible (bugged and abused) new steam servers that they released a while ago, with these super nice rewards that definitely no one tried to abuse or glitch.
Since Gameforge showed Runewaker, that you can still milk players with this game, Runewaker additionally decided it's time to find a new publisher in asia (china) so they made a contract with TD22 ( ) in 2022.
(And after mupu released our base version of the 64bit code, we even forced them to collab against Runewaker and invest into a ram leak fix)

Now, after we have all the information we need, we can let the fake licensing stuff behind and focus on the details of this situation.

2. Turkey's economy is in shambles right now. The Lira is fucked, let's be real here. Turkish players have complained about this fact forever. In the current state, it's quite simple to get a Turkish company registered. They are happy about every money that even could come in. This has been the state for some years now and has resulted in many (partly even national wide) fraud and scam scandals.
(Some example that dates back to 2018 so you guys can see that this is "normal" / In case you want to see a German news report: ) As someone who has personal ties to Turkey, I can ensure you, a lot of scamming is happening over there.
The government is desperate in finding money income, so they don't ask too many questions. It's quite simple to have something verified over there. As MentaL said: "Money rules the world."

3. It is quite interesting to know, that self claimed license holders need pserver forums in order to get their own thing running. I've seen the posts back then, and it was clear, that they are lacking all kind of basic knowledge about the code, the tools and (most likely) c++ dev skills. Now, knowing that some questions were asked on alts, makes this point even clearer to me. I've seen the outdated examples (like Mageoski pointed out) but also newer examples (like MentaL showed) and this ensures me, that they have no ties to Runewaker.

I want to let you in on some secret: Back when Runewaker had multiple publishers, there used to be a publicly available Runes of Magic wiki which you only had access too, if you had a verified Runewaker employee account or certified dev pass account for one of the publishers. This wiki was not like a game wiki you can find on fandom.com or rom-welten.com. This was an internal wiki with all the technical documentation about the code and sub programs that are involved in the Runes of Magic server and client structure.
Stuff like: how to make people vip, how to manage vip, how to manage the logview, how to enable events, how to properly merge databases, how to restart zones and services, which Visual Studio setup you need in order to compile the code etc. etc. etc.
This wiki still exists, but is hidden behind a VPN since domo attacked it way too often.
What I want to say is: if there would be an agreement between romdestan.com and Runewaker, they would have gotten access to this wiki, like TD22 did, and there would be no need to ask such simple questions.

4. Claims that Gameforge would cooperate with any pservers is the boldest lie I have heard this year. Gameforge is actively claiming other pservers. This started after Arcadia was able to get their first fake license verified and started claiming Gameforge content. You can follow this nonsense on the Lumen Database (international DMCA database) ( ).

If that would not be enough, let's check what happens if I open romdestan.com in my browser:View attachment 244218
What is happening here?! Right, my anti-virus tool is blocking the site. (In case anyone wants to argue about GDATA: - educate yourself about the importance and meaning of this software)

View attachment 244219

Looks like a legit server with trademark and publishing rights and definitely ties to Gameforge and even the rarest of rare cases, Gameforge devs cooperating with them. KAPPA

(by the way, I used to make the same checks once I've heard about their server back then and had the same results)

5.At first, one might ask romever : "Why making such a thread in the first place?" or "Why open up such drama in this forum?", but I totally support this action. I don't know romever nor do I know the people involved in romdestan, but everyone should recognize that projects like this Runes of Magic Turkey Steam thing only survive because of fake claiming other projects. Greedy people want to destroy and suck out every available penny, they are not interested in building up a long living healthy community.
As I showed above, the problem of fake dmcaing is something that's not new to us, but this is the pinnacle of it (so far).

6.Now, as my post should have made clear that I do not support this project nor romdestan doing it, I want to make some clear statement as someone who originally was involved creating the 64bit sourcecode used in question:

The idea for the one for all release was to give back to people who made G4L what it was. To thank our players who saw the game changing for the first time ever since the original release in 2009. After the sad ending of G4L (at least mupu`s and my ending there) we wanted to give back to the players who supported us over the years and give them the opportunity to play Runes of Magic in a crash free and 64bit stable environment. We deliberately NOT included our reworked tools and programs which are needed to alter the game files. We did not want to support the rise of greedy devs who wants to make a quick buck, instead we wanted to help the people who are sad of all the scam server and just want to play the Ducking game. Ofc we had offers for buyouts, but that was never our intention. That's why it makes me truly sick seeing such obvious greed projects like you guys are trying to run. Taking our code and fake licensing it under your name, is the reason why I make this post!
Observing that you now also instantly abuse this shenanigans fake license to DMCA takedown content from others, makes it truly evil.
How dare you taking our code for this shenanigans!

Luckily, some people in the space know the security weaknesses of this codebase ( as I said, we released our base version, so people can play the god damn Ducking game) and as soon as you duck with the wrong servers, you will notice. So as long as you haven't invested HEAVILY into A BUNCH of SKILLED c++ devs, you will have a shitshow with steam about supporting the game. Good Luck with the customer support :)

_____
okay folks, I don't expect anyone to actually read all of this so if you did, you're a G and actually truly care about the health of a) Runes of Magic or b)Pserver publishing. Thanks and respect m8!

Thank you for your long review, I am not talking about private servers here, you have discussed romdestan, but the license claim does not belong to that, belongs here.

How do I know this?

a) Like other members in this forum, everyone can figure out who the rightful trademark and or publishing contractor or Runes of Magic is/are.
View attachment 244216

If that would not be enough, let's check what happens if I open romdestan.com in my browser:View attachment 244218

View attachment 244219

Observing that you now also instantly abuse this fuckery fake license to DMCA takedown content from others, makes it truly evil.
How dare you taking our code for this fucked up scam!

_____

First of all, thank you for sharing your thoughts on the subject, but I will correct some of your incorrect statements.

I suggest you stop following the news from BBC because it is a very misleading and biased organisation. For states, sole proprietorships are nothing because a few thousand dollars spent there are of no use.

The economy in Turkey is not bad or anything. Do you know why? As the dollar rises, people's earnings also rise at the same rate, so the only thing that changes is the unit price.

So, the situation you mentioned does not work like this in Turkey and you have examined the wrong site This site is the source of the real problem.

The reason why I opened this issue is the copyright crisis that occurred in the past years and it is recurring. Would you look at the lack of content? When we search for runes of magic, we cannot find proper fan art or visuals. Yes, one reason for this is the lack of content creators and the other reason is because fraudsters like this regularly remove content.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for your long review, I am not talking about private servers here, you have discussed romdestan, but the license claim does not belong to that, belongs here.

First of all, thank you for sharing your thoughts on the subject, but I will correct some of your incorrect statements.

I suggest you stop following the news from BBC because it is a very misleading and biased organisation. For states, sole proprietorships are nothing because a few thousand dollars spent there are of no use.

The economy in Turkey is not bad or anything. Do you know why? As the dollar rises, people's earnings also rise at the same rate, so the only thing that changes is the unit price.

So, the situation you mentioned does not work like this in Turkey and you have examined the wrong site This site is the source of the real problem.
quote:" MentaL thank you for the research, gamefoge has no right to say anything to us, you don't understand that, do you? In fact, they are the administrators of the Romdestan server in Turkey, that's why they got involved and are wasting the time of the people here. We, neither Gameforge nor Runewaker, no one has the right to say a word to us. We have this patent in Turkey. They will understand this sooner or later " by suleymanekici on page 1

Thats why I was looking into romdestan.

to your "corrections":

I don't know, nor do I care, your problems with the BBC. I personally ALWAYS try to find as many sources as possible. In this case, I wanted to show ppl that big scale scams are happening in Turkey, it just happens to be a bbc link. Could have been any other media outlet. I was looking for articles around this topic, not for news outlet discussing Turkish stuff.

Now let's talk about the situation with Turkey as a country. As I said, I have close ties to that country due to personal stuff. I know what going on. You have an inflation of 61.53% (September 2023) and 1€ is worth 29,77 LIRA right now. The cost of living compared to germany or other European countries are insane. You guys have an Average gross salary of 137,340 TRY (annual, 2022) which is 4613,64€ whilst having higher living costs than parts of Germany. Currently, the standard Turkish citizen has a 33.1% risk of poverty or social exclusion (AROPE, 2019). The countries net GDP grow is declining around 1% /year. So please tell me, what does the dollar do, if you guys try to get the euro running?
I hope you can understand me why I can overall say, that the Lira is fucked. I don't care if you're a government fanboy or not, but I know, by first hand, how easily you can have scam businesses registered over there.
On top of that, I've tried to make it clear, that for the past 8 years+ the biggest complaint of Turkish players has always been the pricing with euro. Under G4L times, the $30 vip package was the salary of 4-6 months for them. I had to answers those related topics daily!

Source:

In the end, we all agree that abusing fake licenses is harming the whole community by destroying fair competition which leads dev to actually do something and improve the game instead of being lazy and try the next money grab.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
quote:" MentaL thank you for the research, gamefoge has no right to say anything to us, you don't understand that, do you? In fact, they are the administrators of the Romdestan server in Turkey, that's why they got involved and are wasting the time of the people here. We, neither Gameforge nor Runewaker, no one has the right to say a word to us. We have this patent in Turkey. They will understand this sooner or later " by suleymanekici on page 1

to your "corrections":

I don't know, nor do I care, your problems with the BBC. I personally ALWAYS try to find as many sources as possible. In this case, I wanted to show ppl that big scale scams are happening in Turkey, it just happens to be a bbc link. Could have been any other media outlet. I was looking for articles around this topic, not for news outlet discussing Turkish stuff.

Now let's talk about the situation with Turkey as a country. As I said, I have close ties to that country due to personal stuff. I know what going on. You have an inflation of 61.53% (September 2023) and 1€ is worth 29,77 LIRA right now. The cost of living compared to germany or other European countries are insane. You guys have an Average gross salary of 137,340 TRY (annual, 2022) which is 4613,64€ whilst having higher living costs than parts of Germany. Currently, the standard Turkish citizen has a 33.1% risk of poverty or social exclusion (AROPE, 2019). The countries net GDP grow is declining around 1% /year. So please tell me, what does the dollar do, if you guys try to get the euro running?
I hope you can understand me why I can overall say, that the Lira is fucked. I don't care if you're a government fanboy or not, but I know, by first hand, how easily you can have scam businesses registered over there.
On top of that, I've tried to make it clear, that for the past 8 years+ the biggest complaint of Turkish players has always been the pricing with euro. Under G4L times, the $30 vip package was the salary of 4-6 months for them. I had to answers those related topics daily!

Source:

In the end, we all agree that abusing fake licenses is harming the whole community by destroying fair competition which leads dev to actually do something and improve the game instead of being lazy and try the next money grab.
Now, the first issue is that romdestan has a different structure, runesofmagic.com.tr has a different structure, you should understand this so that you can comment on the subject better.

runesofmagic.com.tr management is blocking other content producers like romdestan with the fake licenses it has obtained, and it itself admitted this at the beginning of the issue.

Coming to the economy part, let's say the dollar and Turkish lira are equal, in this case the lowest salary in the country must be 400 Turkish lira. However, if we take today as a basis, 1$ = 29₺, the lowest salary is adjusted to equal 400 dollars, that is, the new lowest salary is 11,402₺. Yes, as you can see, the increase or decrease of the dollar does not change anything, people's earnings also increase, but people do not understand this, cigarettes are still 1.70 dollars, but they think that it has increased as a Turkish lira unit. Actually, there is nothing increasing, they still buy the product for 1.70 dollars, that is why they think the prices have increased. I hope it was explanatory.

Moreover, the situation I mentioned is for the lowest legal salary, that is, a certain segment of the country gets the lowest salary, everyone else earns many times more, you cannot see a homeless person in Turkey, you cannot see a hungry person, opposition parties create such a perception just to be the opposition and to increase their votes.

Anyway, our topic is not politics, but the threat of the runesofmagic.com.tr server, which will open on November 30th.

Reaction score
I sent an e-mail about this issue and the answer came.
Very interesting. Usually, companies will go after you for infringing IP, but in this instance, pretending to be a licensed product is a different kettle of fish all together. I'm curious about the outcome. It is not hard to find the host of the rom.tr site, even behind CF, so there are various points of avenue for them to target. What will be telling is how well guarded you are in Turkey. I mentioned previously that the copyright system is being reviewed and aligned to a WIPO standard.

If they have money to throw, it'll be interesting. Personally, I think they should simply rebrand or drop the whole "patented" nonsense and stick to the whole private server thing. What is not to say that steam feels duped and hands over information from the parties involved? They can if a court orders it.

Interesting times.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

to your "corrections":

Source:

Oh friends, please don't involve me in this :) I have no connection with runesofmagic.com.tr. Like other presenters, I try to serve a small audience in my own way. I don't claim any license, I'm using the files in the forum.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Complete off topic:

just saw this
4 - [IMPORTANT] illegal dmca certificate and rom server [Süleyman Ekici] - RaGEZONE Forums

Kinda insane to think about it. To DEMAND something with such importance is kinda insane. I mean, you could do as asked and answer questions the community have, going out of your way to DEMAND the owner of the whole forum to interact in such a pserver war is ridiculous xD If you would have any legit rights, you would use them to file a legit Lumen certified DMCA against it. Pathetic.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
I cant understand one thing how this ppl like came here start download files and after all when you open own web dedicated to Runes of Magic like with some guide and tutorials your web will be closed because they have a fake DMCA.
now i asking you is this is something normal DMCA should start employee competent ppl, that they will make some research and then decide to give or not to give a License or Certificate for what some ppl clime that this belong to them.

I will not give any example because is pointless in this case.

Back