Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Item Bag & Shop Editor

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've just ran into a bug when you open some shop files. If an item in the shop file doesn't exist in the program's data file or subtypes, the program will crash. I already have this patched in 0.9.7c, and will post it tomorrow, when I also finish up the search feature. The search feature is 98% complete.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, it didn't take long to finish up the search feature. Here you have it, the latest and most stable version! It will be a long while before I update it again, unless there are bugs that need fixing.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
u can think about making a patch which will make program work with monstersetbase & monster txts it would be more handy that item thing, o btw u should make copy>paste in that prog, great idea with that search engine is there a way to auto add made items to vault?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
thelost2 said:
what version are u using? 0.9.7b doesn't have that bug, i just tried. You should explain in detail how u got bug, if it is version 0.9.7b.

olive of love didn't exist but it haven't crashed anything it just converted olives to alkohol+1

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Great work ! Saves a lot of time and hassle for sure.

/Totte

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Updated to 0.9.7d:

Improved feedback regarding items loaded from shop files that may not exist in the database. Also, improved control behavior when loading items into the editor.

olive of love didn't exist but it haven't crashed anything it just converted olives to alkohol+1

IF your subtype or data file doesn't define an item (like Olive of Love), but your shop (or bag) file has the item, now the program will force write-protect by default on the item's original name, and just give u a message that the item doesn't exist in its DB. If you want avoid seeing this message, add the item to "item(Kor).txt" if it isn't a subtype, and to "subtypes.txt" if it is. Subtypes are items with the same class and type index as another item, but have a different LEVEL value.

When you load an item that does not exist in the program db, you can still edit the item normally as before. Thanks Alexiel.

D

darkav_old

thelost2 said:
Updated to 0.9.7d:

maybe you should make it so that when you select itembag file it will allow you to write only a certain number of lines in it..... since the number of items is programmed in gameserver i think....

eventitembag.txt = box lof luck , box of heaven
51 item here......

eventitembag2.txt = skeleton king
41 item here......

eventitembag3.txt = Fire Dragon
51 item here......

eventitembag4.txt = star of chrismtas
68 items here........

eventitembag5.txt = Firecracker , Heart of love
61 item here........

eventitembag6.txt = Silver Medal
39 items here.........

eventitembag7.txt = Gold Metal
38 items here.........

eventitembag8.txt = +1 Kundun
75 items here........

eventitembag9.txt = +2 Kundun
65 items here.............

eventitembag10.txt = +3 Kundun
50 items here.......

eventitembag11.txt = +4 Kundun
44 items here.......

eventitembag12.txt = +5 Kundun
42 items here.......

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
darkav said:
maybe you should make it so that when you select itembag file it will allow you to write only a certain number of lines in it..... since the number of items is programmed in gameserver i think....

eventitembag.txt = box lof luck , box of heaven
51 item here......

eventitembag2.txt = skeleton king
41 item here......

eventitembag3.txt = Fire Dragon
51 item here......

eventitembag4.txt = star of chrismtas
68 items here........

eventitembag5.txt = Firecracker , Heart of love
61 item here........

eventitembag6.txt = Silver Medal
39 items here.........

eventitembag7.txt = Gold Metal
38 items here.........

eventitembag8.txt = +1 Kundun
75 items here........

eventitembag9.txt = +2 Kundun
65 items here.............

eventitembag10.txt = +3 Kundun
50 items here.......

eventitembag11.txt = +4 Kundun
44 items here.......

eventitembag12.txt = +5 Kundun
42 items here.......

Hi... i did read this on akaruz post... about to not exced the lines, just overwrite...
But i added new lines on my item bags coz the new itens that drop... and works fine 100%!!!! ALL itens DROP!!! This is just a comment....

D

darkav_old

incOgnito said:
Hi... i did read this on akaruz post... about to not exced the lines, just overwrite...
But i added new lines on my item bags coz the new itens that drop... and works fine 100%!!!! ALL itens DROP!!! This is just a comment....

ohhh, i never tryed, but i'm not gonna be surprised if you are right!!! 8-D i never tried it myself, so i was just trying to bring the point. tnx for correcting me....

Reaction score
hmm, havent tried adding more than what's in the item bags but i guess it is entirely possible to add lines without crashing the server, after all, there's no point for the game developers to limit the number of items to specific amounts and different ones at that for the different item bags.

D

darkav_old

colonel_bunker said:
hmm, havent tried adding more than what's in the item bags but i guess it is entirely possible to add lines without crashing the server, after all, there's no point for the game developers to limit the number of items to specific amounts and different ones at that for the different item bags.

yeah, but as far as i know, some event item bags are pointing to several boxes... and i know that the only difference they use is a line delimeter 8-\ (number of line to start off....) ;) so i wasnt sure about that ;-|

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My experiences with adding items to these bags is same as incOginito. I've added tens of new items to each of the kundun box files, and haven't crashed. Same with some of the other item bags.

Anyway, updated program to 0.9.7e. Has some graphical enhancements to look better. Download from first post.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
darkav said:
yeah, but as far as i know, some event item bags are pointing to several boxes... and i know that the only difference they use is a line delimeter 8-\ (number of line to start off....) ;) so i wasnt sure about that ;-|

Not exist line delimit... Heres why i telling this....
On ragezone, we have many itembags... correct??? From Akaruz, iod, etc etc etc...
nos... on each itembag, we have some HEADER, like...

1 FIRST EXAMPLE
-------------------------------------
// Ȳ

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Updated to 0.9.7f:

Now supports ability to exclude certain items from your search results. For example, by searching for "box -kundun" in pattern mode, you will not get results with Boxes of Kundun. Also includes minor updates and fixes. Check first post for download.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i have a problem with this program,

"Filed to load control 'CommonDialog' from COMDLG32.OCX. Your version of COMDLG32.OCX may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.'

sry i took care of it :] it works now, sry for spam

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
thx very much for program thelost2
got all my shops/bags.txt with item names done in 2 mins :)

thx again

Back