Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MadProtection

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
MadKnight, does this protection helps to stop cooldown hacking while using cheatengine?

the cool down protection is server sided so yes it will protect against that.. as soon as you try to use cheat engine for cool downs it just kicks you off the server or blocks you from casting skills..

Reaction score
@Nyxs

It might be that you miss vcredist 2010 or your Data Execution Prevention is still enabled

@xhethx

try this engine:
And a common error in dbghelp replacement is that you need to replace it twice, so there are two hex places in the engine where you need to replace dbghelp.dll with MadHelp.dll
it wasnt with dbghelp.dll replacment i know how to hex :p
i keep investigating .. the problem was
i shouldnt injecte cskill.dll and madhelp.dll at same time cuz ur dll have already cskill in it ! good job :p

maybe someone got this error in future ! just dont inject cskill on engine !

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i managed to load it but when i try to login i get connection lost in client side + MadProtectS offest error in connection at mainsvr
how to fix that ?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
i managed to load it but when i try to login i get connection lost in client side + MadProtectS offest error in connection at mainsvr
how to fix that ?

That Problem occurs if MadProtectS is loaded serverside, but MadHelp is not loaded clientside so check that your engine.exe is loading MadHelp or try the already hexed engine that i provided some posts above

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That Problem occurs if MadProtectS is loaded serverside, but MadHelp is not loaded clientside so check that your engine.exe is loading MadHelp or try the already hexed engine that i provided some posts above
when i use this engine i get config null error i checked md5 value + pw and still getting null error

ps : i use old engine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ok so now im even more confused so maybe you guys can clear some things up for me so i understand this correctly.

i dont need to use cskill.dll at all because madknights files already have them ?

if my clientside is not set up yet to match the serverside it will crash my mainserver like it is doing every time someone tries to log in ?

i use madknights cooldown protection dll already so does this protection mean now i do not have to use the cooldown protect dll anymore ?

i just want to make sure im checking everything i need to so i dont have any mistakes when setting this all up client and server sides.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
i dont need to use cskill.dll at all because madknights files already have them ?
I think there was a reason why my addon load cskill.dll. The reason was that we have limited hex replace space in engine.exe if i remeber correctly.
As you know on the serverside we are able to load as much dlls as we want, because we have DLL Loaders like Obsidian, but on clientside we use a hex replace for every dll that we want to load. What are you going todo if all hex replaces are already used? One Solution is that 1 DLL load multiple other DLLs. I think you need only cskill.dll in your clienside folder but you dont need to hex it into your engine, because it is automatically loaded by my DLL, if this file exsist.

if my clientside is not set up yet to match the serverside it will crash my mainserver like it is doing every time someone tries to log in ?
Definitely nope! This would be a crash hack ^^
If you load MadProtectS without MadHelp -> you cant connect Offset Error, no crash
If you load MadHelp without MadProtects -> you cant connect Socket Error, no crash

i use madknights cooldown protection dll already so does this protection mean now i do not have to use the cooldown protect dll anymore ? i just want to make sure im checking everything i need to so i dont have any mistakes when setting this all up client and server sides.
MadProtection (MadProtectS and MadHelp) doesnt have a Cooldown Protection included, so you can use my othere released MadCooldown or any other Cooldown Protection out there.

And guys my Protection is not allmighty ^^ It prevents all Packet Hack based Hacks, as far as i know (never saw any Packet Hack for my Protection yet). And this kind of hacks include all public Crash Hacks and many other Hacks. Some memory based hacks via UCE can still be used if you are not carefull. For example exchange the F1 Menu with Job Change NPC or Talisman Cooldown and things like that.
So it is not possible anymore that a Player joins your Server write in shout "crash 3... 2... 1..." and send an F/L crash packet, such things are fixed : )

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ok well you explained some of the things i needed to know but it still does not explain why my mainserver crashes only when i try and login and does it every time.

i use cracked koem v2 and have deleted the protect.mpln and the protect.cfg also removed the #include from config for protect.cfg

and this is my addons i use only

[Initialization]

# ***DLL LOADING***
# If you want to also use KOSP,
# fill that in here. Otherwise,
# make sure you load ADVAPI32.dll.

# The number of DLL's you want to load
NumDLL=8

# Your list of the DLL's.
1="MadProtectS.dll"
2="Main.dll"
3="LevelExtension.dll"
4="DragoN_Addons.dll"
5="MadCoolDown.dll"
6="StarterItems.dll"
7="LunaS_Buff.dll"
8="NewAi.dll"

[Licensing]

#Ignore this.
Licensed=0

the server loads fine and will remain running as long as i want it to but literally as soon as i try to connect to it then mainserver crashes immediatly.

im the one trying to log in it and im not crash hacking myself lol

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
thanks madknight for this great protect, but its have command for block or no ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
no block the player via database or write a script for it.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
HardwareID = 1
paste this under [Protect] in MadProtectS.txt

commands
; /madblock playername
; /madunblock UID
Information stored in kal_db .... dbo.MadDB , dbo.MadChat and dbo.MadConsole

I removed this function for a good reason, its still in Beta Status, untested and may lead to crashes so be careful with such options.
Blocking via an Admin/GM Panel (PHP) is the best solution.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
yep the hardware block function crashs the server^^

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i dont know why your so pissed off at madknight since you clearly think your rich enough now to not have to sell your addons and protections to people who have REPEATEDLY offered you money just for you to refuse it.

if you dont want to make money off of your addons then why do you care if madknight releases his for free ??

madknights isnt working for me anyway and i cant get an answer as to why so im not bothering wasting my time even THINKING about giving either of you my hard earned money thats for sure !!!!

madknight wont answer people and you wont sell anything ( except to people you like )

you BOTH have alot to learn about good buisness practices

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Giggidy this was a exmaple how far hate can influence people. If a person hates another one it doesnt matter what the person do, everything that the person do is hateable. I hope that after this freakout and defacement of the Section that he will get a fair sentence, time to think and in the future he might be able to leave the path of hate and find his way back to an balanced, peacefull one, thats what i wish him.

So and now enough Rage and Football here in my Thread, stay on topic please.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
well im getting connection lost immediatly when i login to my server. whats wrong? -_-

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello MadKnight, i still had vcredits, but when i disable DEP on the server a new problem shows up; "Runtime error 216 at 677FA59E"

Kind Regards

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Giggidy this was a exmaple how far hate can influence people. If a person hates another one it doesnt matter what the person do, everything that the person do is hateable. I hope that after this freakout and defacement of the Section that he will get a fair sentence, time to think and in the future he might be able to leave the path of hate and find his way back to an balanced, peacefull one, thats what i wish him.

So and now enough Rage and Football here in my Thread, stay on topic please.

ok you want to stay on topic ?

how about supporting your "protection" you released by trying to help people who have clearly told you this version you released is NOT working correctly ???

on topic enough ?

i have made several reports about why its not working and you cant answer any of them and this also was told to me from 10+ people that have paid for your protection also. seems you do not support your products or care to think it does not work like it should because your convinced it works GREAT and is bulletproof.

it does not work and many posts here confirm it

Back