• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

RealmPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some offshore hosting is needed -- like what RageZone has! ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well he never did care about
his crew or customers, so there is no surprise... its all about making money strategy.

(its not a blame or anything lol, its good when people care about their pockets)

+1! ... kinda like that. :thumbdown:

but i hope soon server will be back for us fans to be happy. :glare:

Staff member
Reaction score
@Sheen: Yes please. I only have older rPT clients. I doubt Sandurr will want us releasing reverse engineered rPT client bits since so many are also in uPT. Still, he may prefer to share some in a dev friendly form rather than have a bunch of halfwits trying to make rPT server clones... which would be easier than hacking out individual nice features.
I dont have the newest version, the version I have iss 3235. helps?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have the latest patch i guess (3247) but i don't think i can upload it, having problems with my net here atm ... really, i wanted to help.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Maybe like last time after did get scared should be trying to sell his files again
(when sold his old files for few hundreds (uPT))
then later re-made his server with a promised T5 and pwned to that who bought his files
coz everybody was passing to this new server XD (it looks like a kind of scam for me o.o).

Bet trying to do that again but maybe quitting this time, well he never did care about
his crew or customers, so there is no surprise... its all about making money strategy.

(its not a blame or anything lol, its good when people care about their pockets)

It is just a warning for anyone who wanna try to buy his files (so no surprises for you).

This post shows exactly that you don't know poop about the whole situation. Not when rPT became uPT nor what is going on right now.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The End RealmPT ???
Kenni,SanDurr, please tell me why?? SanDurr where are you??

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
SanDurr where are you??
As already stated, Sandurr will be laying low and excising his "right to remain silent" if legal action is the cause of all this.

[highlight]Stop begging for words from Sandurr![/highlight] That's just not fair. Think about it, what would your lawyer advise you to say to supporters during legal dispute? The words "no comment" spring to my mind. :wink:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't think that rPT will be back. Maybe after year or two when things settle down. But subagames already showed that they can win without "any action", just m@il. Lets hope that they don't get cocky and start sending those mails to other servers.
It's not like they did something wrong, what they did was 100% legit, but at same time they are monopolist for "english" servers... and nobody like monopolists, especially when they provide "bad" service.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It's not like they did something wrong, what they did was 100% legit, but at same time they are monopolist for "english" servers... and nobody like monopolists, especially when they provide "bad" service.

Yes. That's the best description of what happened to RealmPT.

They are completely on their rights to forbid pirated services of their game. We can't argue with that. But morally speaking, they should be ashamed for providing a service so much inferior to many amateurs out there who mostly do this as a hobby.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just hope there isn't any legal action....

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The declaration was that there already is legal action, tonbery. Even if it was directed at the server hosting rPT, rather than Sandurr, personally, it will still take time to run it's course. :(:

He could stick a finger up and switch host... but that may not be the most advisable course of action for him. No doubt he will be taking advise and considering options, but he really can't afford to allow users / fans to influence any decision he comes to. It isn't your arses that could end up in court or slapped with fines and legal fees.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
(Quote) ittien88

The End RealmPT ???
Kenni,SanDurr, please tell me why?? SanDurr where are you??

Everyone here i am sure doesn't like what happened. Curios enough i was looking for a loop hole in software patents and came up with this:

A definition of the difference between software and technique, for example, says that software can be considered to be the novel feature in an invention, and thus is patentable.

I just wander mind you if sandur could maybe try a patent on his game. I got the info from this link that gave me the idea.

Software patent loopholes have grown, say campaigners | CIO Insights | silicon.com

I am sure he is considering something besides just sitting low. i am sure sandur is thinking hard how to get realmpt back up. But i found this trying to look at loop holes in patents. The thing is he did alot of creating his own with the game itself and i wonder since so much he changed in it maybe its another software now since he modified the game alot. Just Curious...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems like Realmpt is giving us updates soon! See the website.

Staff member
Reaction score
gzuz - RealmPT - RaGEZONE Forums

(I just couldnt miss the oportunity...)
IDK why keep talking about this... its obvious:
site offline - server offline, dont need to know why, do you?
site online - server online, simple. just keep acessing rPT website.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The message is a custom 404 page which was probably set up years before the server was taken down.

The risk involved with donating to any private server is, basically, the same. Certainly, for any particular game. rPT is no more or less likely to be slapped with legal proceedings than any other PT server. (I suspect that if you wanted to donate to a private "free shard" for Ultima Online or a Minecraft server, they would be reasonably safe... UO because it's too old for EA / Obsidian to care much, and Minecraft because the developers "sort of" encourage 3rd party servers)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now the question is, is he 4 real or he wants to take more money from people before he actually dose quit 4 real.
Because he did delete RealmPT client with a patch he sent out with auto update, facebook and twitter RealmPT accounts.

Thats pretty extreme, I though he quit 4 real, and now he says hes coming back in 2 weeks, I don't know what to believe anymore...

Please check again in a few days for news about RealmPT

RealmPT is expected to return in less than 2 weeks (as of 2/2/2012), you will still have your characters!! ^^

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Interesting.

So perhaps he considered ending the server, but then changed his mind and simply migrated to a new one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
People should be warned this is a potential scam

Seriously, he closed twitter, facebook, even ranking too in XtremeTop100.com

He updated a patch with delete all RealmPT files now.. Shut down all websites, and now he said you won't lose all your character? He looked very serious to me

Btw, Kenni have access to this forum, and he did not by any means explained nor defended RealmPT to this date

I think they re opening the server and getting more "cash-cows", or no one bought Sandurr files this time like before with UniquePT. He didn't have any potential buyers, so hes coming back and wait till there is, and shut it down again, and scam all those donations that he didn't intended to refund (to players donated like 1weeks -2weeks or 1 month b4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back