Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Star Wars Galaxies Official Source Code (Client/Server)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've had a few people ask me questions about building the client so I figured I would post here for the benefit of all.

The client that people are using that came from the "nge.7z" leak was built using visual studio 2005 from the original SOE VS project files. There was some effort put into building the client with modern tools but if I remember correctly there were issues with one or more of the 3rd party dependency libs for which there isn't source. I'm looking into it further now to see what, if anything, can be done there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've had a few questions about the client so I figured I would post here for the benefit of all.

The client that people are using that came from the "nge.7z" leak was built using visual studio 2005 from the original SOE VS project files. There was some effort put into building the client with modern tools but if I remember correctly there were issues with one or more of the 3rd party dependency libs for which there isn't source. I'm looking into it further now to see what, if anything, can be done there.

[strike]
Don't take this wrong, but "what" is your exact question?
Also, before your post gets removed, we have a Help section for these types of questions.
From this point forward, I'd post them where they belong to save you from retyping. ;0)

Help section ---> https://forum.ragezone.com/f859/
Make sure you use this threads title for your Help thread and put the OS version in the title.
Just a requirement of the site.
[/strike]

Misread the post.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't have a question, people have asked me about the client and you were one of them. So I decided to answer those questions here, where people appear to be discussing how to get things building. Since I was the one who built the client that many people seem to be using, I figured a little info about how I did it might be useful to someone.

Reaction score
I don't have a question, people have asked me about the client and you were one of them. So I decided to answer those questions here, where people appear to be discussing how to get things building. Since I was the one who built the client that many people seem to be using, I figured a little info about how I did it might be useful to someone.

DOH my bad bro, it looked like the wording was that of a question ;0)
Too much time over analyzing these files. You know what I mean. ha

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks to an anonymous swgmasters now has a repo for client and tools. The master branch uses old stlport, and the debug client will build despite one error that it throws, so will most of the tools and even server stuffs.

The other branch, msvc conversion, is to move from using stlport to the build in stl from visual studio compiler.

We ask you please fork, work, and share your changes via pull request.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks like you're missing the vcxproj files and build directories. Please fix.

There are probably as many changes in those as there are in the source files.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for missing main part of the tools/clients. Just updated the repo, both branches with vcxproj and sln files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ilikenwf

I'll be sure to get the instructions about adding npc's. But it is a large tutorial.
There are multiple style spawners, the buildout & spawning folders (datatables) have multiple ways to be coded for spawning, and there are even scripts that spawn npc's (such as cantina / quests).
So it may take me a bit. Just making sure no one thought I forgot about it.

Still planning on this?

I was told another way is modify the loader for the snapshots, that it's using generated objectid's instead of the ones in the files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should edit your post and elaborate...they'll probably delete it if you don't. Maybe share it with the public repo?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Appears that some data for some static spawns are missing from the source.

We invite help on this aspect to content people and also dev help for fixing bugs and code. Anonymous or not we want community involved.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should edit your post and elaborate...they'll probably delete it if you don't. Maybe share it with the public repo?

nah, I made the error in the first place. I then fixed it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If anyone wants to play around in Death Watch Bunker

Add the following to your localoptions config

[Dungeon]
Death_Watch=1

Other dungeons you can enable:
Corellian_Corvette_Neutral=1
Corellian_Corvette_Imperial=1
Corellian_Corvette_Rebel=1
serverSwitch=1
Geonosian=1

I believe serverSwitch will start spawning heralds, I am not sure as I haven't had a chance to test this yet.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I personally applaud everyone's efforts here. It is no wonder I was never able to figure this out, because this is all pretty complex stuff. I will await patiently for you guys to fix this up and stabilize it. If however you guys need help rebuilding rebuilding and fixing the .tre files due to missing dependencies and such let me know, and I can most likely help you with those; even if it's just a lot of entering in missing data etc,.

Reaction score
What is broken, missing, or needs work?
ChatServer - (Eliminates in game: tells, guild chat, group chat, mail).
Spawns - Static / Dynamic (There are missing spawns and there are some missing delivery quest npcs).
Conversations - String Data (Some conversations have broken or not complete conversations. Meaning you'll see a String Variable and not actual conversation - not many but note worthy).
Probably other stuff as well, extremely minor if there is.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
DBServer is also a pain in the butt, I've heard people have random db corruption problems.

I really sort of wish people would migrate to PSWG and just help with the emulation effort.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back