Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Star Wars Galaxies Official Source Code (Client/Server)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can we please get a clear and concise guide on how to setup oracle?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Make sure you have activeperl installed, install oracle database 12c, and make sure you remember what you name the DB and the password. Open a command prompt int the folder containing "database_update.pl" and enter: database_update.pl --username=system --password=yourpassword --service=yourdatabasename --goldusername=system --loginusername=system --createnewcluster --packages

If someone can get me the working linux version of this, I can get the windows version up and running a lot faster. Or even just all the data, java and script files. I already released the binaries earlier, got the DB up, just stuck with getting all the right iff's, scripts, apts, etc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been public in cautioning people over the legal and ethical concerns elsewhere, but seeing as how the has taken over, and nobody has said anything about it , I'm leaning now towards wanting someone to get this working.

I've got mixed feelings about how this happens because I don't personally want legal issues for myself, and also don't want them for the various emulator projects out there, especially since I work with the emus a lot, but even so...I do want to play the game. I'm riding the fence here a bit, but will watch too see what happens here.

With hesitation, I wish you all good luck and look forward to seeing what happens!

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All the server projects are compiled, don't believe we need any of the client ones

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm glad we have some people making some progress

on a side note,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, being able to work over the client would be nice, if nothing else so that it can be modded and made more modern at the least.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
haven't seen an update for a few days hows it going guys?

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Please stay on-topic. Any off-topic, spam or other bad behavior will be punished.
Don't hesitate to anonymously report all bad behavior.

If this doesn't stop then I'm forced to lock this thread.
First and last warning to all of you!

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
On-Topic:
I don't want to 'officially' support the official source development, but I do wish those who are getting into this good luck. Personally I don't really see the point in doing personal LAN hostings of SWG in any era, but to each His or Her own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Heh, looks like a fun thing to work on. If anybody else is interested in doing this with me holla over my skype, i'll give it personally in PM.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lost my development box during a bad storm a few days ago.
Just thought I'd share the progress that I'll have to redo.
NOTE This is 100% windows without needing linux. Again, I will have to start over but that is the fun part for me anyhow.
I'm all about the learning.

Regarding LAN play. Not even interested in that. Only doing this in my spare time for fun and the learning experience. The game was my absolute favorite when it hit NGE (Yep the previous versions were great in their own rights, but the newer version just appealed to me due to the beast master line and crafting the components needed).

Well, hopefully I'll not forget what I did while I wait two weeks for a replacement development box. :( :( :(

Some images.
fpJPvu6 - [Release] Star Wars Galaxies Official Source Code (Client/Server) - RaGEZONE Forums

j2SiHdv - [Release] Star Wars Galaxies Official Source Code (Client/Server) - RaGEZONE Forums

KxytEg7 - [Release] Star Wars Galaxies Official Source Code (Client/Server) - RaGEZONE Forums

zoKhtpG - [Release] Star Wars Galaxies Official Source Code (Client/Server) - RaGEZONE Forums

GcndktP - [Release] Star Wars Galaxies Official Source Code (Client/Server) - RaGEZONE Forums

NY7PN8U - [Release] Star Wars Galaxies Official Source Code (Client/Server) - RaGEZONE Forums

pMC43lX - [Release] Star Wars Galaxies Official Source Code (Client/Server) - RaGEZONE Forums

EDIT:
Put the images in spoiler tags so the page does not load slowly.

If images do not show up, just right click it and open the cached version here on the forum in a new tab or window.
Loading all of them may / may not make them "seem" unavailable.

Showing random versus static spawns working.

Wow. I just got all nostalgic. I unfortunately haven't had much luck figuring out the stlport thing. It's beyond my experience. Very cool to see this, it still brings me hope. The code for lair spawning should already be in the server I believe, as you have it. The server just loads the data for lairs and npcs from the tre files and places them using their code to handle it. I believe my only roadblock is the actual code itself, and I'm not interested slightly in any linux version of the code.

When I get more time I do wish to continue learning and trying to improve so I can fully complete this as well. Like I've said before, when I manage to get it all operational, I do plan to release it with a hard-cap of around 8-10 people for those who truly wish to just play the game with their friends. Of course, there's always the possibility that someone would crack that cap using a debugger, so I intend to take time to ensure that their struggle would be great. Although, I'm sure someone who has the knowledge to use a debugger and understands their assembly well enough, probably already has enough coding experience to fix or circumvent this issue anyway.

However for those that have no technical knowledge in coding, please note that I am still trying. I'm not nearly as advanced in my knowledge of coding as people such as DNC, but I do have a very good understanding of SWG and how it works. I had played the BETA through till NGE, then quit. I didn't quit because I didn't like the NGE (to be fair I don't think I even tried it much). I actually ended up stop playing because of the fact that I lost my Creature Handler Jedi hybrid that I worked hard on unlocking. I love SWGEmu and I will definitely keep my support there in the online official scene as far as playing together in a large environment, but it's not fair to SOE to launch their code as a open community gaming server.

Hopefully, others will agree with this motion as well, because I for one, truly wish to experience the NGE.

Edit: I'd also like to add; one of my plans is to expand the code so that all of the content that was released after this pub will be accessible as well. Kind of like ProjectSWG's goal. To add all the content that was released up until the day SWG closed.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow. I just got all nostalgic. I unfortunately haven't had much luck figuring out the stlport thing. It's beyond my experience. Very cool to see this, it still brings me hope. The code for lair spawning should already be in the server I believe, as you have it. The server just loads the data for lairs and npcs from the tre files and places them using their code to handle it. I believe my only roadblock is the actual code itself, and I'm not interested slightly in any linux version of the code.

When I get more time I do wish to continue learning and trying to improve so I can fully complete this as well. Like I've said before, when I manage to get it all operational, I do plan to release it with a hard-cap of around 8-10 people for those who truly wish to just play the game with their friends. Of course, there's always the possibility that someone would crack that cap using a debugger, so I intend to take time to ensure that their struggle would be great. Although, I'm sure someone who has the knowledge to use a debugger and understands their assembly well enough, probably already has enough coding experience to fix or circumvent this issue anyway.

However for those that have no technical knowledge in coding, please note that I am still trying. I'm not nearly as advanced in my knowledge of coding as people such as DNC, but I do have a very good understanding of SWG and how it works. I had played the BETA through till NGE, then quit. I didn't quit because I didn't like the NGE (to be fair I don't think I even tried it much). I actually ended up stop playing because of the fact that I lost my Creature Handler Jedi hybrid that I worked hard on unlocking. I love SWGEmu and I will definitely keep my support there in the online official scene as far as playing together in a large environment, but it's not fair to SOE to launch their code as a open community gaming server.

Hopefully, others will agree with this motion as well, because I for one, truly wish to experience the NGE.

Edit: I'd also like to add; one of my plans is to expand the code so that all of the content that was released after this pub will be accessible as well. Kind of like ProjectSWG's goal. To add all the content that was released up until the day SWG closed.

MrRogers managed to get the stlport fixed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
create.sh ? what is that exactly.

rip link. but rules be rules.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Noticed that, live_motd.stf is the same as pswgs.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Glad to see that you have it working on windows.

Can you post a guide explaining how to run it?

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Please take personal discussions to private messages thank you, this is a forum!
We don't care about personal issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back