Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting up Genshin 3.2VM on Ubuntu Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey 0Hex, I followed everything you said, but it seems like something is interfering with the local proxy activation. When I use your workaround by manually setting the local proxy in Windows, I can connect to the local VM server, but without that, it's still trying to connect to the official servers.
Using the forked Cultivation, enabling Automatic RSA Patching makes the game not even load. It brings up the command line looking window saying waiting for game to startup but then closes after a few seconds. Disabling Automatic RSA Patching launches the game fine, but like I said before, it only works when I manually force the proxy in Windows.

By the way, if anyone is trying to open the Certificate Manager in Windows but it's not finding it, type "certmgr.msc", which is what I had to do. Also, the proxy settings in Win7 you can find by searching for "Configure Proxy Server", clicking on "LAN Settings", and enabling "Use proxy server for your LAN"

Anyway, do you know of anything else I can try to make the proxy activate properly?

IDK your best best would be asking around on the grasscutters discord support section
that is where i pulled the force proxy workaround from

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After discussing in discord, it's most likely an issue with Cultivation not working properly with windows 7 as far as automatically enabling the proxy settings. Instead I'm using Fiddler which seems to work.

I followed the instructions in the Grasscutter github and slightly modified the Fiddler script they provided as follows and it seems to work decently:

Code:
import System;
import System.Windows.Forms;
import Fiddler;
import System.Text.RegularExpressions;

class Handlers
{
    static function OnBeforeRequest(oS: Session) {
        if (oS.host.Equals("overseauspider.yuanshen.com:8888")) {
            oS.oRequest.FailSession(404, "Not Found", "Not Found");
        }
        else if(oS.host.EndsWith(".yuanshen.com") || oS.host.EndsWith(".hoyoverse.com") || oS.host.EndsWith(".mihoyo.com")) {
            oS.oRequest.headers.UriScheme = "http";
            oS.host = "192.168.200.130:2888";   
        }
    }
};

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello I'm a beginner, so I don't know how to connect to the outside.
Please tell me how to access from the outside so that even beginners can know.
I want to do it with my friend and I want to know how.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Config ip here.

Winscp
Ip : 192.168.200.130
Port : 22
ID: genshin
Pass: Genshin2023@@

enjoy to the game genshin impact offline server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can anyone play locally without an internet connection? Even though I'm just using a local VMware machine and connecting to it using Fiddler proxy, if my internet is not working or plugged in, I get a 4201 error in the main menu. As soon as the internet is working, everything works again. Is this a setting issue with the proxy that somebody knows about or is it actually connecting to some official server? My Fiddler script is 3 posts back, for reference.

Reaction score
Can anyone play locally without an internet connection? Even though I'm just using a local VMware machine and connecting to it using Fiddler proxy, if my internet is not working or plugged in, I get a 4201 error in the main menu. As soon as the internet is working, everything works again. Is this a setting issue with the proxy that somebody knows about or is it actually connecting to some official server? My Fiddler script is 3 posts back, for reference.

Use Grass Cutters Cultivation from link and no Internet needed, if U play in one network and VM hypervisor setup VM or Docker work in you's LAN C class (192.168.0.0/16 or 172.16.0.0./16)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use Grass Cutters Cultivation from link and no Internet needed, if U play in one network and VM hypervisor setup VM or Docker work in you's LAN C class (192.168.0.0/16 or 172.16.0.0./16)

sadly they have already been down this path in some posts above he is playing on WIN 7 and cultivation apparently doesn't function properly on that OS.

There best bet is to once again return to the grasscutters discord and see if anyone there knows how to modify the fiddler script that is being used..

##edit##
actually what they could do is use that fork and just force cultivations proxy to active(since that is the issue on win7 it doesn't properly activate), if they are playing offline it should not be a issue to force it as active anyways, the post to the workaround to force proxy as active is just a few post above this one

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys. Indeed, Cultivation v1.0.22 Thorny Edition works offline (though I did not test the earlier version). It does appear that it doesn't activate the proxy properly on Windows 7, after confirming proper behavior on a Win10 VM. In Win7, you can automate the proxy switching on and off with the game using other tools - I'm using AutoIt scripts to control the VMware machine for easier startups/shutdowns etc, and part of the game launching script, I just run "regedit.exe /s" with .reg files that fill in what Cultivation fails to do in Windows 7 as I launch the game and when it closes.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections] - "DefaultConnectionSettings" and "SavedLegacySettings" (binary) are what is necessary for turning the proxy on and off in Win7, but Cultivation only toggles [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings] - "ProxyEnable". Which is not sufficient in Win7.

Reaction score
did U follow recommendations:
Code:
Windows 7 Users: You will need to download [URL="https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/#download-section"]WebView[/URL] manually, and download the .zip instead of the .msi.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Question: This has the client for 3.2 but if I would want to download client for 3.4 how would I need to do it? Or do I just use the live one and modify the assembly etc?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
erm....how can I remove an item i added accidentally? xD Since I cant delete it in game :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
vm link dead , anyone got mirror ?
the one in the 1st post has been dead for a while should be a mirror of it on the 2nd or 3rd page but since that original VM is lacking some of the content fixes released or outright decent things you need for solo play like Solo Mod v8 you can just grab tielay's VM that has v4 and slap solo v8 over it.

erm....how can I remove an item i added accidentally? xD Since I cant delete it in game :D

item clear #ID #quantity

*the quantity value is sporadic in working right for me at least... so be warned, in general it will clear every copy of that item if it is not equipped to a character

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
item clear #ID #quantity

*the quantity value is sporadic in working right for me at least... so be warned, in general it will clear every copy of that item if it is not equipped to a character

Awesome THank you. Yeah, I added the wrong ID for the Artifact Upgrade EXP item and now it keeps bugging me and I cant get rid of it.
The command worked! So kudos!

On another topic: is there a way to upgrade the VM to 3.4 ?(cause Alhaitham <3)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awesome THank you. Yeah, I added the wrong ID for the Artifact Upgrade EXP item and now it keeps bugging me and I cant get rid of it.
The command worked! So kudos!

On another topic: is there a way to upgrade the VM to 3.4 ?(cause Alhaitham <3)

you can get to that content yes but its a bit complicated and no one has really shared a full guide for the less techincal inclined or those with low/no experiance with these type of things.

viagenshin

and I think another way is in the multi version docker thread but I don't really check that docker stuff much anymore so not sure what post.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
you can get to that content yes but its a bit complicated and no one has really shared a full guide for the less techincal inclined or those with low/no experiance with these type of things.

Ach, figured, so we are kinda dependant on some kind soul to prepare something. Hopefully someone would be able to share a guide.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Question on the voiceover:

I have the official version of genshin installed that i Play and the VM + Client 3.2
I downloaded the english voice files for 3.2 and put them where they need to be, but they arent working. I also checked the registry as suggested by another post and everything there is set to english. Any ideas whu it does not work?
The only other option I see is in the DB for the user it says "zh_CN" should I change that? if so, whats the english equivalent?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Question on the voiceover:

I have the official version of genshin installed that i Play and the VM + Client 3.2
I downloaded the english voice files for 3.2 and put them where they need to be, but they arent working. I also checked the registry as suggested by another post and everything there is set to english. Any ideas whu it does not work?
The only other option I see is in the DB for the user it says "zh_CN" should I change that? if so, whats the english equivalent?
make sure your "GenshinImpact_Data\Persistent\audio_lang_14" (no extension) file has these 4 lines in this order:

English(US)
Chinese
Japanese
Korean

Back