Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TERA 100.02 VM

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

Unzip with , then open TERA VM 100.02.vmx with VMWare Workstation v17.x

Regarding the iso, i'll think about it but i'm sure it won't be near future.
Well the problem now is if i extract all 3 files its an folder with many vmx files in it or did i something wrong xD

EDIT: Nevermind there is only 1^file with hat name and ending xD my mistake

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
How to migrate a virtual machine to Proxmox VE
  1. Download all files, open the archive only with .001 extension in the 7-zip and extract all files.
  2. Open the .vmx file in VMWare Workstation 17, start it and make sure it is working.
  3. Completely stop the virtual machine.
  4. Go to File > Export to OVF and export to get the files like: VM.ovf, VM.mf, VM-disk1.vmdk, etc.
  5. Copy these files to Proxmox server fs using SSH (or you can use SMB mount with your Windows machine).
  6. On the Proxmox server enter the command like that: qm importovf 100 /mnt/VM/VM.ovf local-lvm
    (where 100 - your new vmid, where local-lvm - your LVM storage name).
Links

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How to migrate a virtual machine to Proxmox VE
  1. Download all files, open the archive only with .001 extension in the 7-zip and extract all files.
  2. Open the .vmx file in VMWare Workstation 17, start it and make sure it is working.
  3. Completely stop the virtual machine.
  4. Go to File > Export to OVF and export to get the files like: VM.ovf, VM.mf, VM-disk1.vmdk, etc.
  5. Copy these files to Proxmox server fs using SSH (or you can use SMB mount with your Windows machine).
  6. On the Proxmox server enter the command like that: qm importovf 100 /mnt/VM/VM.ovf local-lvm
    (where 100 - your new vmid, where local-lvm - your LVM storage name).
Links
I have no idea what you dont understand... I DONT HAVE AN MACHINE RUNNING VMWARE... Its not that hard to read it

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
I have no idea what you dont understand... I DONT HAVE AN MACHINE RUNNING VMWARE... Its not that hard to read it
I write for people who may need such a migration, NOT FOR YOU. Why are you asking in a VMWare VM thread if you don’t have a desktop with VMWare? You're funny. And please stop answering me. Thx.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I write for people who may need such a migration, NOT FOR YOU. Why are you asking in a VMWare VM thread if you don’t have a desktop with VMWare? You're funny. And please stop answering me. Thx.
i have multiple desktops ready to go xD mate you just brought up an argument wich is totaly unvalid. Its not my fault that YOU dont understand the point wich i asked xD Mate and i dont need to host on an homeserver like poor people so yeah

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
i have multiple desktops ready to go xD mate you just brought up an argument wich is totaly unvalid. Its not my fault that YOU dont understand the point wich i asked xD Mate and i dont need to host on an homeserver like poor people so yeah
You need a desktop with VMWare only to convert the image from .vmx to .ovf, because you cannot directly import .vmx into Proxmox. And to create a production server, it is better to install the software yourself according to the instructions here.

Edit: If you are using VDS, you will not be able to import this machine anyway, because it usually requires an ISO image (you will have to create it yourself). When you said "Proxmox", I assumed you had physical access to that server's console. Unfortunately, we could not understand each other.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok
You need a desktop with VMWare only to convert the image from .vmx to .ovf, because you cannot directly import .vmx into Proxmox. And to create a production server, it is better to install the software yourself according to the instructions here.

Edit: If you are using VDS, you will not be able to import this machine anyway, because it usually requires an ISO image (you will have to create it yourself). When you said "Proxmox", I assumed you had physical access to that server's console. Unfortunately, we could not understand each other.
mate you are not capable at all to understand it Just for you in cyrillic: "У меня есть несколько рабочих столов, готовых к работе xD Приятель, ты только что привел аргумент, который совершенно недействителен. Это не моя вина, что ВЫ не понимаете точку, которую я спросил xD Приятель, и мне не нужно размещаться на домашнем сервере, как бедные люди, так что да."

And yes i have SSH access to that server but you didnt understand ANYTHING that i wrote

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Ok

mate you are not capable at all to understand it Just for you in cyrillic: "У меня есть несколько рабочих столов, готовых к работе xD Приятель, ты только что привел аргумент, который совершенно недействителен. Это не моя вина, что ВЫ не понимаете точку, которую я спросил xD Приятель, и мне не нужно размещаться на домашнем сервере, как бедные люди, так что да."

And yes i have SSH access to that server but you didnt understand ANYTHING that i wrote
Your question "it be possible to create it as .iso image". I can read man.
If you have SSH access to proxmox host, all solved by simply way without any ISO images.
Lets end this discussion, I need to work.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Few questions from my end because I haven't done any Tera stuff in almost two years...

Is Vmware 17.x the minimum requirement? Which exact client is confirmed to work with this server uploaded here? 100.02 as version probably but I don't know if different uploads have slight variations in files which could hinder compatiblity.

As for setup, is this really just extract & play or are other steps required? I feintly remember the initial release just after the shutdown requiring a couple of modifications so the client could connect, not entirely sure...

Reaction score
Few questions from my end because I haven't done any Tera stuff in almost two years...

Is Vmware 17.x the minimum requirement? Which exact client is confirmed to work with this server uploaded here? 100.02 as version probably but I don't know if different uploads have slight variations in files which could hinder compatiblity.

As for setup, is this really just extract & play or are other steps required? I feintly remember the initial release just after the shutdown requiring a couple of modifications so the client could connect, not entirely sure...

Hi,

i builded the vm using vmware v17, i'm unsure if it will work on lower versions

Which exact client is confirmed to work with this server uploaded here? 100.02 as version probably but I don't know if different uploads have slight variations in files which could hinder compatiblity.

Both TW and GF are working fine, check hsdn server collection post in order to download.

As long as you retain the same NAT, yes.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
128 RAM for fully functionability.
this is why Runes of Magic is so great... It needs a pint of piss for RAM because you have a monitor where you can enable and disable zones in realtime. No need to have zones active if you don't use them at the moment...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Archgeus, thanks for this VM! Is most of the stuff working in this release? Want to try it out, but dont know if its worth it. Are there many bugs or is it no problem to do a solo playthrough?
Thank you!

Reaction score
Hey Archgeus, thanks for this VM! Is most of the stuff working in this release? Want to try it out, but dont know if its worth it. Are there many bugs or is it no problem to do a solo playthrough?
Thank you!

Hi,

Afaik, there's no considerable bugs, maybe you will have trouble if you plan to play alone.

The only bug which i remember is the trade broker, where the search function is not working but i think is an InputRestriction thing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

Afaik, there's no considerable bugs, maybe you will have trouble if you plan to play alone.

The only bug which i remember is the trade broker, where the search function is not working but i think is an InputRestriction thing.
Hi,

sounds good and fine for me. Thank you for your answer!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

32gb of physical ram and 100gb of swap located at SSD

Or

128 RAM for fully functionability.
You won't believe it, but your build works great on dedicated 12 GB RAM VM + 100 GB swap SSD M2,you just need to start the servers one at a time, and not all at once at 12 RAM

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dang, I only have 16gb ¬¬'

but 128 RAM is a high use, what the hell TERA has that needs that much ram?
give the VM 12 of the 16 GB of RAM, and swap the SSD to 100 GB and everything will work

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back