Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[WIP] My (late) Christmas present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yeah I'm late, and it's not even finished yet lol. I originally intended this to show you all client-sided commands suck, and are really useless. As well as hooking OnChannelChat/OnStageChat on the server.

Lumanaris.dll is a 2-dll-project, meaning, it has 1 dll for the client, and 1 dll for the server. It's intended use is to provide custom commands, custom packets, controlling the server via the Admin Console (to-do), stopping hackers (to-do) and playing in custom game types (won't be released). Currently, I need to undergo a "code fix", because I wanted to have at least the beta version done by today. Succeeded, but in return, my code got messy and bad. Any who, onto it's current features.

Commands:
/dc <player_name> ~ Disconnects player
/ban <player_name> ~ Bans player
/unban <player_name> ~ Unbans a player
/name <new_name> ~ Changes your name
/sex <male/female> ~ Changes your sex (This ones for you, Phoenix)
/shout <message> ~ Announces to the server
/bounty ~ Gives you lots of bounty (Was a test command, never took it out)
/level <level> ~ Changes your level (Need to look into, for EXP) [BROKEN]
/ugrade <player_name> <UGradeID> ~ Changes players UGrade (Admin only) [BROKEN]

Room Tags:
[G#] ~ Gravity (10 is default)
[NC] ~ No Clothes
[NG] ~ No Guns
[NS] ~ No Swords
[NI] ~ No Items
[NR] ~ No Rings

What needs to be done:
-Fix up the messy code
-Finish the Admin Console (estimated 2/3 days)
-Build the basic Anti Hack (estimated 4/7 days)
-Write up a document explaining what's what in the code, to help you create your own commands/packets/room tags/etc.
-Switch back to my MCommand class
-Revert off of SQLAPI's library for database interaction, use MatchServer's internal functions (odd crash .-.)

PenguinGuy - [WIP] My (late) Christmas present - RaGEZONE Forums

The picture shows an example of the [G#] room tag, and the /shout command.

It's current build version is 0.5, it will be updated here around early January again.
For October files only, I never really got the chance to change the addresses.

Credits:
ThePhailure772
-Temporarily using his MCommand reversed class: http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/using-mcommand-07-a-694379/
-Custom commands example (To be fair, it's closely related to my old example :) http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/basic-way-new-commands-650613 ): http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/chat-commands-without-single-hook-694378/
-Being a douche

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice! This is the best Christmas present I had ever received.
*Wish you finish it soon :D*

Last edited:
Reaction score
insert HP AP displayer pls :D

I work with OpenGL, not DirectX. So I `can't` add that.

You better finish the other stuff soon Travis.
Secondly, update your google code thing.

I am, I'll be starting on the Admin Console when I get back from Michelle's.
And I just ditched that, no point really. Everything I have is backed up on my spare computer, and on a USB flash drive.

Also, here's a really noticeable bug.
If you send the same command again and again, the client will crash.
Such as, I do /shout 4 times, I will crash. I believe I will just add a random value packet, that will be sent every so and so times for the time being, until I unveil the true cause of the problem.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i have the exact same .dll i made months ago
I've almost finished, I added an admin console to the option menu :)
fully completed gunz-interface admin panel

nice work though, you've got a long way to go :)

(I lol'd this is exactly like my project)

(my project is better HAH. ^^)

== EDIT ==
I work with OpenGL, not DirectX. So I `can't` add that.

I am, I'll be starting on the Admin Console when I get back from Michelle's.
And I just ditched that, no point really. Everything I have is backed up on my spare computer, and on a USB flash drive.

Also, here's a really noticeable bug.
If you send the same command again and again, the client will crash.
Such as, I do /shout 4 times, I will crash. I believe I will just add a random value packet, that will be sent every so and so times for the time being, until I unveil the true cause of the problem.

that doesn't happen to me ;)
add me on msn I might help you
krisdgreat@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Reaction score
Copy the same code and modify the query to UGradeID=104 and add mute too. Thanks.

Please take into consideration that this dll is identical to the one at the server I am working for. I like to share what I do, but I can't let the 2 dll's be in the same 'league'. I am doing some other things to release, but I can't let these releases get in the way of the server I am working for.

I will provide information on how to add your own stuff and make sure this is stable and attempt to add whatever (small) features and improvements people ask for (such as the ones you suggested) the time being, but that is it. Once people here realize they need to actually do something, instead of asking to be spoon fed, I will contribute more. This isn't a "here, I thought you would like this" release, it's a "I don't want to release this but it's (was lol) Christmas".

Also, @Dawson, is it ready? PM me on MSN and I'll let you know what's going on.

Reaction score
You're demanding a bit too much , just sit back.... it's not like your not helping him make it. He has been encountering many errors.

I'm talking to Travis about this because we've tested this quite a lot of times. I won't "sit back" because I don't see anything wrong in suggesting or reminding. Not helping doesn't mean that we can't ask. It's his decision in the end anyways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back