• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[DEV] Geometry Binary Blender Exporter

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
works well

Phantom* - [DEV] Geometry Binary Blender Exporter - RaGEZONE Forums

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
neat.. i wanna see that in motion.. can u up a short clip

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah!! Very good
I Wanna see its motion, can u make for it a short movie

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great work! Looks very nice.

@Phantom: Here are the files I tried to export. I attached the Blender file, the non functional gb file and the textures. As already metioned I tried to export all type of meshes and armatures but nothing works for me. Only import works fine.
Hope you can help me.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cpt we must see video .... cant wait

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
CptKenpachi, Wonderfully done.

Great work! Looks very nice.

@Phantom: Here are the files I tried to export. I attached the Blender file, the non functional gb file and the textures. As already metioned I tried to export all type of meshes and armatures but nothing works for me. Only import works fine.
Hope you can help me.

Problems

1. Duplicate vertices
2. Mesh objects don't have assigned materials with textures.
3. Armature bone names don't follow the naming convension bone000, bone001, bone002, etc.

After you fix those three problems it will export.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hey phantom, I made a mesh to test the bone exporter; I can normally export my mesh "Cube", but I can't use "Export all" (Complete to-do) or export the armature (to place in data>monster>Motion) Or do I just have to put the exported mesh into that folder under another name? (My bones are named 001, 002 etc)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey phantom, I made a mesh to test the bone exporter; I can normally export my mesh "Cube", but I can't use "Export all" (Complete to-do) or export the armature (to place in data>monster>Motion) Or do I just have to put the exported mesh into that folder under another name? (My bones are named 001, 002 etc)

Without files I can't be sure if you have done everything correctly, but it sounds like you have. When you're ready to export, under the "Armatures" category a combo box will populate with all armatures in the current scene with "Export" and "Export Animation" buttons on it's right, otherwise, "None available" will be displayed. Select the armature for export and press "Export" button. After you will then need to link the mesh to armature to animation in your *.dat files. I can't remember which and the format but if someone has this information I will add an automatic generator to the exporter. As for the export all, that feature will eventually combine everything into a single *.gb file for something like animated weapons but I'm not sure if it will work.

Phantom* - [DEV] Geometry Binary Blender Exporter - RaGEZONE Forums

I need privileged access to two additional servers for testing purposes just in case either is unenviable when needed. I will do no harm to your server as all testing will be client side, ie. collision detection. PM me if you're interested in helping.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thanks to Gorlian and his file I've found a bug in extracting animations from an armature when there are none. You can download the fix @ http://rapidshare.com/files/132879194/swordfish_gb.zip.html I didn't qualify it for a new version release. The next release will be minor and will include working functionality for rotation and scale, export all, and minor fixes like the one above.

I've been seeing a lot of issues with people not following the bone naming convension so I will look into making that obsolete by correctly sorting the bone heirarchy using the parent relationship instead. This may not happen until collision detection is completed just to punish those who are being too smart or lazy.

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
phantom*

how u import the models? becouse i can import bones but no models...
then u get a 6 lines error or somting (i readed that in console)
do u have the same problems when u are importing armor models?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I have, I tried to import bone's once, but didn't see anything, and the armour (as example) import doesn't work either, I used phantom*'s importer to import my armours

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
>.< wrong formats running. ignor the last comment :p

Last edited:
Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
this is the error u get in console when u try to import models.

(i have python installed on my pc)

struct.error: unpack requires a string argument of length 6

Back