Genesis Map Areas

Joined
Oct 14, 2009
Messages
5,630
Reaction score
2,426
A BIG thank you to Ronny for helping unlock map areas (you really are a god), here is my compilation of the map areas that comprise the upcoming (and already in CN) "Genesis" areas:

SERVER & CLIENT maps:


LITMODELS:


LODDATA:


GFX:


*SURFACES:


*Please Note:
I did not include the entire world map DDS (/ingame/), as it is not yet available in English, and I thought it would be really hideous to use a main world map in all Chinese! I did include the DDS's from /maps/ and /minimaps/, though those look like pure crap too! I just added them so you could tell where you were when you zoomed in on the map, at least until it comes out in English for PWi in FEB, then I will update all DDS's with matching ones in English from PWi...

These are what I am working from as we speak...

Instructions:

this is intended for use with Ronny's PWD client

1) Server side: extract on top of your current server /gamed/config/world/ directory (overwriting all if asked)

2) Client side: delete current (don't forget to keep back ups though) \elements\maps\world directory, replacing with one from RAR

3)Replace LITMODELS.PCK

4)Replace LODDATA.PCK

5)Replace GFX.PCK

6)Extract SURFACES.RAR merging with your own PCK extraction, overwriting when prompted





note to self (if not anyone else):
when PWi officially releases "Genesis" update surfaces, and region/precinct
 
Last edited:
A noob question, Must i use China Client or any specific clients ? I use 1.3.6 client and when i copy "elements.exe" into client directory, it say "Version not support ".
 
A noob question, Must i use China Client or any specific clients ? I use 1.3.6 client and when i copy "elements.exe" into client directory, it say "Version not support ".

Use Ronny's elementclient.exe from this post http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/enable-disable-restricted-zones-world-713518/

------
EDIT 9/4/2011: Okay, I'm no longer hosting these files on my webserver to conserve resources. Go get file pack from 343, it's better than this one anyways!

Fixes and Notes

Follow this post's instructions to get the stuff in your files: http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/genesis-map-areas-713612/#post6067895
 
Last edited:
Use Ronny's elementclient.exe from this post http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/enable-disable-restricted-zones-world-713518/

---- Alternative Genesis Map Area Stuff ----
litmodels.pck: (Map models)
gfx.pck: (Shiny Effects)

World Map (with Tideborn and Genesis):
Server Side:
Client Side:

Follow this post's instructions to get the stuff in your files: http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/enable-disable-restricted-zones-world-713518/index2.html#post6067709

Note: My gfx.pck has already been merged with fixed cn files.

Thank, but when i copy "elements.exe" (ronny), it say "Version" not support.Which client do you use ?
 
they don`t work proper don`t download them.

Did you bother to read what I had written?

----
Requirement: Client files must be downgraded with PWD -

Step 1: Download the new elementclient from Ronny. http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/enable-disable-restricted-zones-world-713518/

Step 2 Alternative: Download packs from this post, http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/genesis-map-areas-713612/#post6067829. Then skip step 2, 3, and 4. Or, if you run into problems, continue and think of my packs as the chinese packs, and do steps 2, 3, and 4, to merge the new files into your packs.

Step 2: Unpack all of the packs from Perfect World China and Your Perfect World mentioned in this list: http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/pw-genesis-world-map-712755/#post6061381

Step 3: Take and copy Perfect World Chinese files to your unpacked pcks, but, make sure NOT to overwrite any existing files in your pack.

Step 4: Repack the files completely and put them in your client directory.

Step 5: Upload server-side world map, downloaded from here, to your server. As well as putting the client-side one in your client directory.

It SHOULD WORK after that.
----

The files I uploaded, are prepacked and should work right away. However, if you want, you can unpack them and do the instructions as stated above, except that the perfect world Chinese files are the ones inside my packs.
 
Last edited:
uhm I got eveything working correct but I did notice 1 problem there are missing a few water models...what .pck files contain watermodels? Cause I might have missed something.
 
uhm I got eveything working correct but I did notice 1 problem there are missing a few water models...what .pck files contain watermodels? Cause I might have missed something.


Probably gfx.pck. I don't believe sMODfix fixed all of the gfx files 100%. I could be completely wrong though.

Edit: You are talking about water effects? If I'm wrong, ignore me.
 
Back