Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Got Auto Restarting When Installing Sql Server 2005 Heres Your Solution

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok ,

Welcome to my Solution for Installing SQL Server 2005 and you get auto restarted

The Problem Is The One You Installing is not compatible with your installer when you open the installer you will see there MMSql Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 . Think if your Windows is Service Pack 3? Not sure with it ?

Go To Start Menu Right click My Computer > Then Choose Properties > There You Can See Your Pc Service Pack or What Your Windows is . Then If Your Service Pack 1 You Must Download The MSql Server 2005 express edition Service Pack 1 in able to install it without any problem.

If Your Service Pack 2 Like me < download the MSql Server 2005 express edition Service Pack 2 >> I Made This Guide Because i want to share my experience. because when im starting i dont care about reading what is in in installer just go directly installing but its wrong.

Download the Sql Server 2005 Express Edition Below : ( Only Download If Your PC is in the right service pack )
Here is The Installers :

Sql Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 1

Sql Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 2

In Sql Server 2005 Express Edition service pack 2 and 3 site download the one that is 32mb size only. ty

Thank You For reading my guide i hope your problem will be solved now :thumbup::thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
onething more, having problem installing SQLEXPR32....

"SQL Server has detected that the following required component is not installed: Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1. To proceed, download and install the Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributed from , and then run SQL Server Setup again"

when i try to search and download Windows Installer 3.1.
this is the only site i saw,

i dont know what to DL among tose file that finally suitted my PC...

pls help me, for those who know and encountered this problem....

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok ,

Welcome to my Solution for Installing SQL Server 2005 and you get auto restarted

The Problem Is The One You Installing is not compatible with your installer when you open the installer you will see there MMSql Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 . Think if your Windows is Service Pack 3? Not sure with it ?

Go To Start Menu Right click My Computer > Then Choose Properties > There You Can See Your Pc Service Pack or What Your Windows is . Then If Your Service Pack 1 You Must Download The MSql Server 2005 express edition Service Pack 1 in able to install it without any problem.

If Your Service Pack 2 Like me < download the MSql Server 2005 express edition Service Pack 2 >> I Made This Guide Because i want to share my experience. because when im starting i dont care about reading what is in in installer just go directly installing but its wrong.

Download the Sql Server 2005 Express Edition Below : ( Only Download If Your PC is in the right service pack )
Here is The Installers :

Sql Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 1

In Sql Server 2005 Express Edition service pack 2 and 3 site download the one that is 32mb size only. ty

Thank You For reading my guide i hope your problem will be solved now :thumbup::thumbup:

I think just install Visual C++ Express first then install Sql Server 2005 . It will work ( I had try )

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i cant download urSql Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack it only said
Address Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at .

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")
* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing. u have any url? to dl it?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
cyberformula:

it is working on me, maybe you should check your ISP or re-download it again.

"SQL Server has detected that the following required component is not installed: Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1. To proceed, download and install the Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributed from , and then run SQL Server Setup again"

If you were Service Pack 1 and 2 you need to install the Windows Installer 3.1

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I think i saw this problem on my PC, and I had to install MSSQL 2008 before installing MSSQL 2005. And now i don't need to do that again, thanks for share your experience.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
now i know this thing...i am now experiencing AUTO RESTART...
so now what should i have to do???
do i have to reformat my computer??

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

i use 3 internet surfer...

1. Google Chrome.
2. Internet Explorer.
3. Firefox Mozilla.

If 1 of this surfer don`t work try to search on other one. That`s what I did.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
that's right paolo you need to talk to english some members WARNING me using Pilipino engish
my advice "OK LANG MAG NOSE BLEED KASE MA BRAIN LESS" peace ^_~

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sorry paolo ^^ I'm wrong reading i talking about king sorry peace

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Justice will never die" walang magawa sa buhay ^_^"

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pare Ty ha? Ok na Ung SErver Ko

IDOL Ty LUv U haha

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello,,

I am XP SP2.. i have question...

I need to DL the 55MB also or not??? Reply ASAP

thanks..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Haha..alam ko kng pano i solve yan..

They say i reformat pg nagka gnun keep on restarting...but no.

Upvote 0
Back