• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Guide]Guide for REAL newbies to setup a PT Server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
how to make a second account?

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

my second problem is that after that i must choose 1 or2 options but i cant choose them (both are disabled)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
To create a second account, you need to log in to the SQL manager and create another account in the account database with SQL manager or similar. Check MSDN or TechNet for instructions... There may also be a description in the BOL download for SQL 2005, but I haven't looked.

I don't know what your second problem is.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i cant login even if i dont need pasword and user name (windows authentication)

do you have teamviewer so you can help me? (or someone else?)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can't help you remember your password. There is *no* other solution, and if you keep trying wrong passwords, it will lock out the entire database as a hacking prevention.

The only solution I have found to that is to restore from backup.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
it just worked to delete the sql files i gonna look if i can install it now

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

it worked!!!

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

i can choose a pasword

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

instalation completed...

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

how can i find my user name for msql server managemend?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The user name and password there is the same as you set when installing SQL server. But you can also use NT Authentication, which doesn't require User Name or Password. SQL 2005 + will not allow you to install with SQL Authentication only. ;)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When installing SQL server it asks you for a master password (it may also ask for a user name, depending on the configuration you provide to the setup program). The default user name is "sa", the password is as you had to provide during installation.

NT Authentication is linked to the login details you provide when you begin your Windows "session". If your machine is a single user system with no login prompt before you reach the desktop, you have still been authenticated as "the local user", and a user name and password is still allocated to you. If you are logged on as the same user who installed SQL server, you are already authenticated (via NT Authentication) to access the database. (In SQL Manager for example)

See MSDN for more details on NT Authentication and NT Authorization "Tokens".

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You are welcome. A click on the "Thanks" heart is always nice, as it indicates to others that the info is valuable, at least for some. :wink:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is known... A work around is posted further up this thread, but nobody seems to have the a copy to rehost. Essentially, it's just a bug fix for some monsters drops, you don't *need* it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
how can i make a account? and how can i make a account manager on a site?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Please use search facility on this forum... both questions answered to death.

There are account manager type programs and web site examples in php or asp... There are asp and php scripts to create accounts and there is a guide to manually creating an initial account with SQL Manager.

How to make an account manager from scratch... depends on what you want it to manage, how you manage those things you want managed, what language you want to write it in, how good your coding skills are etc. etc. Better just look at some that other people have done to give you some ideas first. :wink:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now copy everything inside [Ultimate Release]KPT Server Update( Found in Step 10 in The Things Needed To Setup a PT Server section) and paste it inside your server file folder, it will ask to replace, just click "Yes to all".

where i have to copy in ? :S i dun get this

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Connecting to your server

1) Find the installer called "PsTale(Test_1871)" and open it, you maybe can see text made up of "?", just click the RIGHT button found at the bottom of the window( Left side is Cancel and Right side is Next, I knew this because i installed alots of stuff and remember that always the "Next" button is the Right side )

where do i find that installer pstale(test_1871) ?? pls help ><

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Now copy everything inside [Ultimate Release]KPT Server Update( Found in Step 10 in The Things Needed To Setup a PT Server section) and paste it inside your server file folder, it will ask to replace, just click "Yes to all".

where i have to copy in ? :S i dun get this

everything inside [Ultimate Release]KPT Server Update -> your server file folder

What's not to get?

pstale(test_1871)

Navigate to http://pristontale.ndolfin.com/DownLoad/GameDownLoad.aspx and click the link clearly marked "프리스톤테일 - 테스트서버용" (테스트버전)

Which a decent browser will highlight (in the status bar, or in a tooltip / balloon tip) clearly downloads "PsTale(Test_1872).exe" (1871 was converted to a public release a couple of months ago, so 1872 is the current test version... Sorry, 1871 has been the "test" version for 4 or more years now.)

What? You can't read Korean yet? And the links are from images that Google & Bablefish won't read! :lol:

Better start learning Korean... Mine sux but I know the button labelled "프리스톤테일 - 테스트서버용" (테스트버전), means Priston Tale (프리스톤테일) Test Servers (테스트서버용) Test Version (테스트버전)

If you need to "type in" text that is in images, you can Google a "Virtual Keyboard" like the one at gate2home, but for me Wandel Persons' Consonant, Voul Consonant method is easier.:thumbup:

Of course... if you have that nifty little iPhone app that can translate anything you snap with it's camera... your laughing. I personally can't afford the phone let alone the App.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ty alot ^^ well i hope i will learn some korean soon xDD

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

.Fusion Repack Part 1
Fusion Repack Part 2( This is the PT server files,by Superman,MUST download both of it FIRST then use WinRar( mentioned in 1.) to extract it out. )

ehm, its ment to be like this? extract part 1 and extract part 2 over part1? cuze when i look at the files they seem to be the same :eek:?

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

ehm i done all but dont i need to add server files or something to sql, cuze now pstale test still separated with server files , i dont know lol

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ehm, its ment to be like this? extract part 1 and extract part 2 over part1? cuze when i look at the files they seem to be the same :eek:?
It's a split archive. The point he's trying to make is that (of course) trying to extract part 1 when you haven't downloaded part 2 yet, will result in RAR (or what ever) reporting that the archive is broken, or truncated.
ehm i done all but dont i need to add server files or something to sql, cuze now pstale test still separated with server files , i dont know lol
They should be installed in separate directories, if that is what you mean.

Yes you do have to set up the SQL database, and insert at least 1 account record in order to log in. I believe that is documented... IMS

Last edited:
Back