Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide]Guide for REAL newbies to setup a PT Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Some Broke Link Hope u Fix it : ) Thank u

hii Look this : )
8.Patch for Fusion Repack(By DarkKnightH20)(It is pretty much a patch for the Fusion Repack. It technically isn't a patch (as it was released as a repack itself) said:
KPT Server Update Mirror 1
[Ultimate Release]KPT Server Update Mirror 2( A update for the server files for more new feature )

Tips: The clan files are already inside the server files, so do not download another clan files from other people as it may cause some permanent damages to the server( I think so. !

Broke Links i mean to Steps 8+9+10 Thank u for fixing : )

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can you please reupload link: 10?

thank you.

EDIT:
found links for:

CREDITS TO: SoyEdu for uploading!

CREDITS TO: shagpub for uploading!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank u : ) But still waiting for Link 10 = ]]]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
same here.. :(
also.. whenever I log into my own server.
i crash!
why is this?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I kinda followed this guide, with the files from another guide.

Setting up ODBC without links for some of the illustrations was about the hardest part... took me a couple of weeks to get it running right. The basic set of instructions are pretty much the same till you get to setting up Clans and SOD, so you can work from pretty much any set of server files, but the availability of features (Maps, NPCs, Monsters, Maximum level, Gold cap, Damage Cap etc) will vary.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello all Looking for help : ) i follow this guide..
i think any thing is Good
But i get this problem..
i connect to the game and i get this
"Logging xxx"
wait a few seconed and another commend
"Cont Failed"
Anyone can help me ? i dont know why,,,

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
"Conn. Failed" is the usual client response to a lack of server. lol

If it's up and running, the client isn't seeing it.

Possible reasons include, but are not limited to:-
* Wrong IP configured in Client.
* IP configured in the wrong place for a Client.
* Wrong IP configured in Server hotuk.ini.
* Bad ODBC setup, or sql.dll.
* Client and Server configured on different ports.
* Client and Server using different encryption.
* Firewall (software or hardware)

etc. etc.

Check the Resources and Files thread, as HappyHardcore posted a pretty complete list of solutions there "lone taim gwan".

If you still have trouble... use the "Search" facility here.

If you still have trouble, please post a (another) "[Help] Conn. Failed" thread, and reference (with a URL preferably) to this thread as your base for your setup. :wink: This isn't really a general support thread, and that error isn't unique to this guide.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry guys, i quit PT Server making. Sry for all the dead links, everything was deleted from my pc( Due to reformat ). I cant re-upload the dead links. Once again, i apologize for the dead links

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, i quit PT Server making. Sry for all the dead links, everything was deleted from my pc( Due to reformat ). I cant re-upload the dead links. Once again, i apologize for the dead links

Ah well... these things do happen. Many of the links in this forum are dead or dying. The fact is that there has been a level of stagnation, and things are just picking up with a new generation of developers.

Unuzubraus (did I spell that right) release (still beta) is the first new repack in a long long time... I share what I have already got, but I think some files are in danger of extinction.

Thanks for the guide though... it has some good points over some of the others, even if you work it from a different file set.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ah well... these things do happen. Many of the links in this forum are dead or dying. The fact is that there has been a level of stagnation, and things are just picking up with a new generation of developers.

Unuzubraus (did I spell that right) release (still beta) is the first new repack in a long long time... I share what I have already got, but I think some files are in danger of extinction.

Thanks for the guide though... it has some good points over some of the others, even if you work it from a different file set.

Bobosol dude can i have ur msgner plese?
i want get some fast help for my server : )

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nope... as frequently stated I don't use IMs, social networking or even carry a mobile phone. Life is too short to spend it all at someone elses beck and call.

But you can probably see that I respond here pretty quick, unless I'm asleep or away from home.

Post a new thread, and please stop the OT chat here. :wink:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nope... as frequently stated I don't use IMs, social networking or even carry a mobile phone. Life is too short to spend it all at someone elses beck and call.

But you can probably see that I respond here pretty quick, unless I'm asleep or away from home.

Post a new thread, and please stop the OT chat here. :wink:

aww im just looking for help
i still getting conn faield ..
and anything is good
but 1 more question after i save my qurey on scripts u gave me
where i should save it?
and more question i have to loging to my sql?
[hotiekicker can u give me ur msnger dude?>]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
aww im just looking for help
i still getting conn faield ..
and anything is good
but 1 more question after i save my qurey on scripts u gave me
where i should save it?
and more question i have to loging to my sql?
[hotiekicker can u give me ur msnger dude?>]

Sry bro, i forgot everything that i know about pt server making. Everything i know was posted in the first page(Tutorial there). So asking me any question will not be useful :blush::blush:

I know u're eagered/frustated to make ur server work, but patience my friend, i was once like tat too.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sry bro, i forgot everything that i know about pt server making. Everything i know was posted in the first page(Tutorial there). So asking me any question will not be useful :blush::blush:

I know u're eagered/frustated to make ur server work, but patience my friend, i was once like tat too.

ok thank u ..
But anyone can try make another guide?
and good links too?
i think it will Help us..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The last few attempts at guides on setup where met with many frustrated post of "This has already been done!" or "You stole my guide, it doesn't need posting again!" etc... so I think everyone is tired of hearing that... but new links would be very helpful.

You don't have to save the SQL you have run... that's only if you want to keep it somewhere safe so you don't have to load it in again should you mess up your database in the future.

You can look at my automated database set up releases (GUI or Batch file at your preference) for a simple way to do this with SQL Server 2005 if you think this your problem.

I released an automated version of the registry (.reg files) set up as well which is just like any other Windows set up wizard really.

The most common causes of connection failed are still bad, or mis-edited sql.dll, or if you are not using sql.dll and Clan.dll then ODBC set up.

Getting ODBC right is hard... especially now many of the screenies in the tutorials are missing.

Getting a good copy of SQL.dll is also hard, because what works for one seems to fail utterly for others, with no real explanation of why. Trial and error seems to be the only effective solution.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can you please reupload link: 10?

thank you.

EDIT:
found links for:

CREDITS TO: SoyEdu for uploading!

CREDITS TO: shagpub for uploading!

pls, link number 9 , 10 again~~

ty

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well spotted greemlin. That must have happened when the RZ database updated to a new character set. The code in a BMP (BM/0) contains a null, it must have interpreted that as EOR.

Luckily I kept a backup.
Connecting to your server

1) Find the installer called "PsTale(Test_1871)" and open it, you maybe can see text made up of "?", just click the RIGHT button found at the bottom of the window( Left side is Cancel and Right side is Next, I knew this because i installed alots of stuff and remember that always the "Next" button is the Right side )

2) Click the RIGHT button or you may called it "Next" until you finished loading it.( Sorry i can't post a image because i already delete the installer )

3) Now go to "TriglowPictures"( Game Folder ), open it until you can see LOTS of stuff( char,cSlecct,field and etc ), Copy the files inside the Monster_1203376617 and KPT1871 No Xtrap( Found in Step 9 and 6 in The Things Needed To Setup a PT Server section ) and paste it inside your game folder, it will ask to replace, just click "Yes to All".

4) Open PsTale(test).exe( In your game folder ) and select the first option, then you will proceed to other page and select the first option. Now a window is poped out, showing that the game folder is currently updating.

5) After updating, right click anywhere and select "New Text Document", now close the window and open it again with NOTEPAD, copy everything in the following below into your new text document.

Code:
BMö6(ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ*Graphic 1
*Network 3
*ColorBPP 32
*MotionBlur false
*CameraSight ON
*ScreenSize 1
*MicOption OFF
*Sound Off
*CameraInvert true
*Server1 YOUR SERVER'S IP
*Server2 YOUR SERVER'S IP
*Server3 YOUR SERVER'S IP
*ServerName SERVER NAME
*Version 3096
*TestVersion 0
and select "Save As", rename the text document to Idata.bmp

6) Find a text document called "ptReg.rgx" in your game client, then open it with notepad, save the following into "ptReg.rgx"(Override everything)

Code:
"Graphic" "0"
"Network" "0"
"ColorBPP" "32"
"ScreenSize" "0"
"WindowMode" "1"
"CameraInvert" "false"
"MotionBlur" "false"
"CameraSight" "OFF"
"Sound" "on"
"Server1" "127.0.0.1"
"Server2" "127.0.0.1"
"Server3" "127.0.0.1"
"Account" " "
"TestVersion" "1872"
"MicOption" "OFF"

7) Open the file called "Hotuk" in you game folder with notepad and save the following into it(Override everything)

Code:
*MODE WINDOW
MFC40.DLL Copyright-2002 /0
#Copyright-2002 Copyright-2002 Copyright-2002 ^^
#¸Á»ç¶Ë²¿ÆÒƼ¼Ó±ôÀå°³¹Ì ¸Á»ç¶Ë²¿ÆÒƼ¼Ó±ôÀå°³¹Ì ¸Á»ç¶Ë²¿ÆÒƼ¼Ó±ôÀå°³¹Ì ^^
*MODE WINDOW
*È*¸é¸ðµå ¼*¹ö¸ðµå
//english admin mode
MFC40.DLL Copyright-2002 /0
//japanese
ÇÎÅ©»ö ¸Á»ç¶Ë²¿ÆÒƼ¼Ó±ôÀå°³¹Ì /0
//korean
(¿ÕÃʺ¸°¡À̵å) Æ÷Àå´ÜüÁÖ¹®È¯¿µ /0
//ÇÎÅ©»ö ¸Á»ç¶Ë²¿ÆÒƼ¼Ó±ôÀå°³¹Ì /0

#*¹è°æÈ*¸é
#*¸Þ´ºÈ*¸é
#*PLAYERSKIN
#*³ª»Û³ð
#*ÁöÇü¸ðµ¨
#*ÁöÇü¹°Ã¼
#*¹è°æ¹à±â
#*¹è°æ¼±¸íµµ
#*Á¶¸í°¢µµ
#*¼*¹öÁÖ¼Ò
#*¼*¹öÆ÷Æ®
#*È*¸éÇ°Áú
#*°üÂûÀÚ¸ðµå
#*µ¥ÀÌŸ¼*¹öÁÖ¼Ò
#*µ¥ÀÌŸ¼*¹öÆ÷Æ®
#*ij¸¯Åͼ*¹öÁÖ¼Ò
#*ij¸¯Åͼ*¹öÆ÷Æ®
8) Now go to your server files, open the text document called "Hotuk" with notepad, save the following below into it(Override everything)
Code:
//Server IP and Name
//Hotuk.ini assembled by Superman666 aka Ryder
//Credits to Sik and Crackaddict also for me using his post on RFT for some of these command line

//*GAME_GUARD
*MODE SERVER
*SERVER_CODE Local
//*VERSION 3096
*SERVER_AUTOPLAY
//*NOTICE_URL
*GAME_SERVER YourPTName 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1
//*AREA_SERVER 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1
*LOGIN_SERVER_IP 127.0.0.1
*SYSTEM_IP 127.0.0.1
*ENABLE_CLAN
*CLAN_SERVER 127.0.0.1 80 127.0.0.1 80
*TT_DATA_SERVER
*SERVER_LINK_IP

//Server Settings

*MAX_USERS 200
//*CRAZY_PACKET
*ENABLE_PARTYITEM
*PERMIT_MONEY 1000000000
*PERMIT_EXP 1000000000
*ENABLE_SERVER_EXP 100000000
*ENABLE_PK 1
*PK_FIELD 9
//*DISABLE_THROWITEM
*START_FIELD 3
//*DISABLE_QUEST
//*DISABLE_DEC_SKILLPOINT
*SERVER_RECORD_MEM
//*CLIENT_CHECK_FUNC 1
*BLOCK_LEVEL 1
//*DISCONNECT_ITEM_ERROR
*CHECK_POTION_COUNT 10000
*CLIENT_CHECK_PROCESS_TIME 30
//*CLIENT_PROCESS_TIME_OUT
*ENABLE_CLAN
*RECORD_JOBCHANGER
//*TEST_SERVER

Event's

*EVENT_EXPUP 9000
*EVENT_POTION 30
*EVENT_BITMASK 32
*EVENT_BLESSCASTLE
*EVENT_SUMMER_CHICKEN
*EVENT_SANTAGOBLIN
*EVENT_GHOST
*EVENT_MOLLYWOLF
*EVENT_MORIFSHELTOM
*EVENT_WHITEDAY
*EVENT_VALENTINEDAY
*EVENT_NINEFOX
*EVENT_BABELHORN
*EVENT_PUZZLE
//*EVENT_BIRTHDAY
//*EVENT_STARPOINT
*EVENT_CRISTAL
*EVENT_CHILD
*EVENT_DAMAGEOFF
*EVENT_HARDCORE
*EVENT_MANDOO

//Server Protection 127.0.0.1

*CONNECT_CLIENT_CODE -869703011
*CL_PROTECT
//*DISCONNECT_CLIENT_BADCODE
//*CLSAFE_CODE 100
//*DISCONNECT_CLSAFE_CODE

//Database Backup DIR

*BACKUP_FOLDER_NAME "c:\databasebackup"
*BACKUP_PATH "c:\databasebackup"

// [ Admin Stuff ]

*REC_ADMIN_CMD  

//Admin Stuff 

*DEBUG_ID Admin
//*DEBUG_ID USERID

*ADMIN_IP 127.0.0.1
*ADMINISTRATOR_IP 127.0.0.1
*ADMIN_LOGIN "admin"
*ADMIN_NAME "admin"

*ADMIN_COMMAND "1"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "2"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "3"
Tips: Go create a account, user: admin pw: admin then you have a GM account( I already set the name of Admin account in the hotuk )

Creating A Account Manually

To create an account go in your SQL Database
expand databases/accountdb/tables here u can see a lot of tables,the table you have to use is the dbo.*GameUser * is the first letter of the account ID (A for an account begining by A,B for B,...)
Open the table by right-clicking it and select open, you will have to fill some informations into the table( Do not touch the NULLS, just follow the information below ):

Userid:account id
Passwd:password
Gamecode:0
Gpcode:0
RegistDay:1/1/1900
DisuseDay:1/1/2100
Useperiod :30
inuse:0
Grade:0
EventChk:0
Blokck:0
Specialchk:0
ServerName:Your server name
Credit:0
Ecoin:0
StartDay:1/1/1900
EndDay:1/1/2100
EditDay:NULL
Rno:0
DelChk:0
Channel:0
Bnum:0
MXServer:0
MxChar:0
MXType:NULL
Be Careful, Don't use enter to pass to next step,only use enter at the last data Taken from draco13

Making the server go online!

1.Go to your server files, search for a file called "-KPT-Endless-Tower-Update-V2.2", open it and a window will pop out, you will have to wait quite long until it is fully loaded.( It is a program to on your
server but ONLY JUST use "-KPT-Endless-Tower-Update-V2.2" )

2. Now go to the game folder and open "KPT1871(No Xtrap)" and you are in-game!(If the server crashed and you cant login, Go to the "-KPT-Endless-Tower-Update-V2.2" window and select file > reload config.

Tip: if you still cannot log in, make sure that you edited "ptreg" and "Idata".

Try deleting SQL.dll in your server files if still get Conn.failed

FAQ

Q:I did everything but why i still get Conn.failled?
A:Make sure you edits "ptreg" and "Idata" or try deleting SQL.dll
----------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Why does my server crash every hour on the dot?
A: Remove daeth_night.ini from your monster folder. Also may be a lack of ram.
Q:What are the GM Commands
A:Here in the 2nd post( Most dont work for me )

End of guide!

Resources

This are the resources that i took the information( Actually they are guides too )
[Guide][Any Files] Server Setup | FAQ | Troubleshooting Guide

For beginners, how to set up your server - serverfiles (Server_1198945227 v1871)

This is for really newbies to create their server, i was like that too!
If there are anything wrong, please post your comments
Mod can you please sticky this?

Hotkicker is totally different person, just that he is my BIGGER brother, so all the while, i was using his acc, so now i create myself a new one!

Last edited by hotkicker125; 05-01-2008 at 04:05 AM.

Also the whole post is attached.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can someone help me with this file? the link didnt work anymore at me:( Ultimate Release]KPT Server Update Mirror 1

Back