Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide]Guide for REAL newbies to setup a PT Server

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hamachi is kinda limited to about 5 users anyway. If that's all the players you have, nobody is going to bother hacking your server down.

Either way would be a better way to create a more secure Virtual LAN across the internet.

It's just Hamachi is pretty idiot proof. Players aren't always that good with network stuff, so it's far easier to tell them to install Hamachi than explain how to set up a proper VPN.

BTW, no Mirror 1 doesn't work any more, but is still fine.

D

damindlesskilla

9.Monster File Mirror 1,Monster File Mirror 2( Download this file, extract it and copy the folder called Monster inside "Monster_1203376617" to your Server files. It fixes some glitches. )

any chance someone could repost this link plz

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
9.Monster File Mirror 1,Monster File Mirror 2( Download this file, extract it and copy the folder called Monster inside "Monster_1203376617" to your Server files. It fixes some glitches. )

any chance someone could repost this link plz

it is not necessary to use this file as it only fixes a few bugs with the monsters. Your game will still run without it. So don't worry about it. I myself have been searching for it but since its not REQUIRED it's not a big deal to me.

D

damindlesskilla

humm anyone know what causes it to tell me wrong account when i try to log into game any advice would be welcomed

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it depends, you could be using a client that has their ip hexed into it which means you're still really connecting to their server. What game.exe are you using?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It could also be a strange way of saying your account is banned. That can happen if you exceed the Exp or Damage caps.

Check out the BlackUser folder, and file... if your name is in there, remove it.

D

damindlesskilla

it depends, you could be using a client that has their ip hexed into it which means you're still really connecting to their server. What game.exe are you using?

i'm using KPT 1871(NO Xtrap) should i be using a different one?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
KPT 1871 no x trap should be fine i believe that one does not have an ip hexed into it. Bobosol could be right check your blackuser file to see if your server has banned you. Have you made an account manually in your sql database?

D

damindlesskilla

KPT 1871 no x trap should be fine i believe that one does not have an ip hexed into it. Bobosol could be right check your blackuser file to see if your server has banned you. Have you made an account manually in your sql database?

made it manually guess i will try hex if i can find the ip

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The same Port trick will tell you what IP your client is trying to connect to... but I admit that if you don't have Window Mode working yet, it's really difficult to see the port monitor window. :wink:

D

damindlesskilla

Ty mischief and bobsobol for your help got it to work one last question is there a way to make the game interface in english if so might one of u guide me in the right direction plz

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The set up of this guide leads to an English install.

Many people use art resources from KPT client, that will, of course, lead to Korean art text. here is some advise I have given on including the English artwork.

D

damindlesskilla

is there a link to that client in this fourm somewhere sorry for the noobie question it just been forever since i have done this stuff

NVM found what i wanted and ty again bobsobol

Last edited by a moderator:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i installed a long time ago sql server but now i am forgot my pasword what must i do

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Err... you can't reset the password on SQL server as far as I'm aware, so your best bet would be to uninstall it, and then re-install it.

You will have to make sure you uninstall the database as well as the engine though, and I fear the uninstall wizard may ask for the password to do that. There are tech guides on finding the files and manually deleting them though.

Basically, SQL server is server admin software. Server admins never forget passwords. :wink:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
do you have teamviewer?

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

i cant connect even on windows authentication :S

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Then it's borked. I usually re-install, or rather restore a Ghost backup of, the OS before SQL and re-install SQL from that point.

The reason is, just uninstalling and reinstalling SQL server tends to leave you no better off.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i cant reinstal it and i dont know how to explane why :O ?

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

and i cant choose a paword

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nope. You can't choose a password, change a password, create another account or anything else with it until you remember the password you had before.

Consider that this software is marketed primarily to large banking and financial market organisations. That's how secure it is designed to be if you don't have the right password.

Back