Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

IDE HDD prevents windows from booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When I plug my IDE HDD into my system (I run windows off a sata hdd), which is used for my PS2, so it uses whatever boot method the ps2 uses, it prevents windows from launching.

windows said:
Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk.

Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.

Without the IDE HDD plugged in it doesn't do this (I'm posting this from my computer.)

The jumper is set to Master, and in CS/Slave it still does the same thing. Thoughts?

Also, my main drive is the D: drive.

I have a temporary fix right now (uploading the games to the PS2 HDD via my network), but the speeds are ~1.2 MBps, whereas copying it to the HDD normally is ~50 MBps. :'[

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back