OdinMS Stability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the sources ar e based off it. why can we not complain about it, 4 days? 5 people online?

Because Odin itself wasn't that fucked. It's not Odin's fault that people like you fail at Java and **** up their source.


I bet your server had 10-20 online that's all.

PirateOwh, it will still have the same problem mate.

Sorry that I have some knowledge in Java that you lack of. It had an average of 50 online the whole time. I bet your server can't even stay online for more than 6 hours without your spawn fucking up.
 
Upvote 0
Because Odin itself wasn't that fucked. It's not Odin's fault that people like you fail at Java and **** up their source. Sorry that I have some knowledge in Java that you lack of. It had an average of 50 online the whole time. I bet your server can't even stay online for more than 6 hours without your spawn fucking up.

Another little coder kiddie who thinks he's big, but in reality is as small as a pebble. If you actually took some time and compared Odin with most public source you wouldn't find much difference between the sources except maybe the packets and other version core functions (with the exception of the Mina library getting a revamp). Everything is handled with the same functions and algorithms that Odin used.
 
Upvote 0
The timer issue is because of buffs and monster respawns so as you get more players online doing more buffs and killing more monsters the chances of the timer getting full increases, including the fact that having all the scheduled things is a terrible idea, I think it's possible to blame the poor use of the timer for our instability issues.

Read up ibm's website on ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor, I got everything fully fixed since December 2009. Never occured on Celino since then.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your clever. People would be on a mass dupe? Think before posting.

No you can't. It doesn't save everytime you change maps. It saves only when you enter Cash Shop, which needs saving. You still have to save when you change channels as well. There will be roll backs if you don't.

Technically, he never recommended you to remove it. He merely told you where you COULD remove it if you wanted to.
 
Upvote 0
Stability is one massive issue to odinms, soon it will die out and most players will quit since they don't want constant crashes.

Savetodb is always needed each time you d.c or change maps.
 
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back