Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] MapleVintage (based on XiuzSource)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you guys do it as a string? It seems to differ from the login one (from what I saw), and I couldn't find it in v62 for the character selection one, unless I glanced over it.

EDIT: I did miss it! Thank you for mentioning this.

They are two different things. Nexon has several IP/Mac/Machine data parsed. HWID's in OnSelectCharacter are parsed as Strings, yes.

1 -> MachineID, 16-byte ID on OnCheckPassword.
2 -> LocalSocketAddr, 4-byte Local IP Address on OnSelectWorld.
3 -> MacAddress, string on OnSelectCharacter.
4 -> MacAddressWithHDDSerial, string on OnSelectCharacter.

However, sMacAddressWithHDDSerial is newer. Is it actually in v62? I thought it was around when PIC came around as it isn't in v40b and isn't in any v20-v30 source I've ever checked. If it's in v62, I wonder if it was added in v49~v55, or if it's new to v60+.. Too lazy to check every version but interesting to see it is on v62 ;P

Staff member
Reaction score
Legends use a HWID ban system as well (or I assume its HWID.. its diff then MAC) so can confirm (further) v0.62 supports it one way or another. I haven't checked if this source does it different than we do. However, pretty sure its called at character select only.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They are two different things. Nexon has several IP/Mac/Machine data parsed. HWID's in OnSelectCharacter are parsed as Strings, yes.

1 -> MachineID, 16-byte ID on OnCheckPassword.
2 -> LocalSocketAddr, 4-byte Local IP Address on OnSelectWorld.
3 -> MacAddress, string on OnSelectCharacter.
4 -> MacAddressWithHDDSerial, string on OnSelectCharacter.

However, sMacAddressWithHDDSerial is newer. Is it actually in v62? I thought it was around when PIC came around as it isn't in v40b and isn't in any v20-v30 source I've ever checked. If it's in v62, I wonder if it was added in v49~v55, or if it's new to v60+.. Too lazy to check every version but interesting to see it is on v62 ;P

I couldn't find it in the BMS WvsGame IDB so I'd have to assume it's 'newer'. Maybe within 5-6 versions of v62? That's my guess.

Legends use a HWID ban system as well (or I assume its HWID.. its diff then MAC) so can confirm (further) v0.62 supports it one way or another. I haven't checked if this source does it different than we do. However, pretty sure its called at character select only.

We did ours through the onCheckPassword function, but as @Eric mentioned it seems that there is one in both the character selection and on login functions, among others.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

You assume it's HWID? Let's ask Navi before we post :blushing::blushing:

Staff member
Reaction score
You assume it's HWID? Let's ask Navi before we post :blushing::blushing:

I don't really care what it is called what we use, I refer the name by how we use them. They are different than MAC and they do the job properly, that's all that matters.

Also, this is going off-topic, so this is the last reply about this.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I don't really care what it is called what we use, I refer the name by how we use them. They are different than MAC and they do the job properly, that's all that matters.

Also, this is going off-topic, so this is the last reply about this.
He wasn't wrong. I realize this is off topic and I apologize, but to boldly state something that you do not know is true or not is a bad rap for the image of maple legends. Other than that, you guys are doing great work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Having some problems with the SQL. I removed gender (accounts table) from the source, but adding
Code:
ALTER TABLE accounts ADD hwid TEXT;
ALTER TABLE accounts ADD SessionIP TEXT AFTER loggedin;
Results in error 38 when logging in. I have no errors either. Did I miss something to add in the SQL?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Having some problems with the SQL. I removed gender (accounts table) from the source, but adding
Code:
ALTER TABLE accounts ADD hwid TEXT;
ALTER TABLE accounts ADD SessionIP TEXT AFTER loggedin;
Results in error 38 when logging in. I have no errors either. Did I miss something to add in the SQL?

PlayerLoggedinHandler is still probably trying to send setGender if you didn't remove the packet in there, otherwise I couldn't tell you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can u post here the sql?
i can't run it as well...
even after entered the channel there is an issues with the source , something with that donator points and vpoints....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back