The Dragon King's Oath
RaGEZONE VIP
- Joined
- Nov 27, 2007
- Messages
- 1,720
- Reaction score
- 1,437
you tested all? list all game features as specific u can and all bugs u found.!Okay i tested it a bit and i got some conclusions:
- The menu stutters and hangs a LOOOT and bigtime, it should have some precache.
- Bots are tremendously powerful no matter what you do.
- Not entirely self hosted it needs some external services like cloudflare. It can be done - Claude already works on it to be entirely self-hosted
- Too much fuss with ICE with lan. Gonna change this for me but it works.
- It would be nice to have any tank customization possibilities, not all vehicles have only 3 ammo type and nothing else...
- it would be nice to have any progression. It has a lot of tanks but everything availabe and unlocked.
Otherwise its a very good script, its just needs an optimisation.
But instead... i am working on it, to change and optimise the whole with agents AI also XDyou tested all? list all game features as specific u can and all bugs u found.!
Hey there! I am Kevin, the original creator of Claude of Tanks. I wanted to thank you all for your support for this game!But instead... i am working on it, to change and optimise the whole with agents AI also XD
Its not really buggy... its.. Unoptimalised (bigtime! - > the browser's almost give out their souls) and rely's on external servers - part time at least, and its just more likely a "techdemo" with overkill amount of tanks, and with few skills that you can apply on the tank, but no customization, no special ammo, xp, nor progression. Its just as-is, the sounds are not so good either its just 'alibi' sounds. (i will change that too soon)
I did some changes already; but more will come and yes i will post it here the changes... if needed, but its more like my taste of alterations, (so its my business how i handle these,) but if you are intrested:
- Already removed all online and external dependencies - > this helped a bit with the janky cpu hogging browser side but not entirely, not even a single script will go outside to a third party server.
- Already Made an electon based standalone client - still needs optimalisation but its a "goin on" work also...
- Removed physical lan - this is a technical decision, since the stun turn are self hosted now, and ice servers are removed and changed to the one system used by ranked matches to be more simple to use - lan was broken for me self hosted, and essentially the 'private' match will be tha same as lan technicly, so... Invite codes will still work as they should.
- Removed all analytics, because ther were some.
- Added bot possibilities for ranked, - this is is gonna be toggleable.
- Currently working on the net-sync since it has some wobbling on webRTC but i am on the right track...
I will gladly help but i had to put aside this project for now, - i have an other one that if i finish will be posted here and on GH - but your clone will have to wait until then, i like it btw big time it has potential, but currently its not in that state that i would worth to do a PR,( I already put in some claude time in this and nothing more of my projects ongoing) if i will have time i will attend this too, but for example the camera woibbling are fixed now, but the body of the tank still jittering so i need to fix that. - its the downside of webrtc - but hey, i am on the right track the tank only jitters in one axis now. Not all. But i wont post it in this state i need to pull it together somewhatHey there! I am Kevin, the original creator of Claude of Tanks. I wanted to thank you all for your support for this game!
I'm very interested in your fixes; the dependency removal and the WebRTC wobbling are particularly annoying for me! I would really, really appreciate it if you could contribute to the repo and open a PR if you've figured out some of these details.
I am actively working on numerous low-level changes. For example, the repo has been rewritten in TypeScript and there are many other performance optimizations. But I always welcome and would really appreciate as much collaboration as possible!
There are solutions likeHey there! I am Kevin, the original creator of Claude of Tanks. I wanted to thank you all for your support for this game!
I'm very interested in your fixes; the dependency removal and the WebRTC wobbling are particularly annoying for me! I would really, really appreciate it if you could contribute to the repo and open a PR if you've figured out some of these details.
I am actively working on numerous low-level changes. For example, the repo has been rewritten in TypeScript and there are many other performance optimizations. But I always welcome and would really appreciate as much collaboration as possible!