Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private RIP Extalia! CLOSED AFTER 4 YEARS!

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to defend Nexon, but what you're saying makes no sense. MapleStory is Nexon's property. Period. If someone else is using Nexon's property and making money, then Nexon has every right to seek legal action, and Nexon is completely justified to do this.

That's true, but if they actually continued doing this there will be no servers and its good for them, but they stopped sueing and everybody doesn't give a poop anymore and they are angry? Like it's their fault.

Reaction score
Although this rumor is true, this has nothing to do with the shutdown.
Logging in on IRC without the VPN only revealed his ISP's name, although narrowing the results, it's still not going to help much.

Zero and Hogan (Flav is one of the two) both received warning letters from Nexon, they decided to comply and shut the server down, thus avoiding a lawsuit, Hendi is pretty much safe since no one came after him.
What surprises me the most is how did Nexon knew something that no one knew - The ones running the show behind the scenes were Hogan and Zero, not Hendi, although he was making all interactions with the players and making it look like he is the one running it all, he was "just a partner" (according to his girlfriend).

Another surprising thing is how they managed to track down both Hogan and Zero, especially when they kept staying on a low profile, making zero to no interactions with the players and always hiding behind VPNs, this just shows how long Nexon's hands when it comes to shutting down private servers, though same cannot be said on the Nexon EU branch, since it doesn't really fight WarRock private servers which is a game published by Nexon EU in world-wide global distribution.

Also what "released stuff of rmzero" are you talking about? I do not recall seeing any of his stuff, will be really interesting to see it.

Flav is Zero, Hogan is Shaman. This is not confirmed but I believe this is true. Shaman is flav's brother (which is what Flav told me years ago), so if hogan is shaman, then it would not be hard to find them if one is found.

There's also plenty of released rmzero code. All the higher versions are based off his things. Lithium, for example. Rmzero also never confirmed lithium was his on this forum, but like flav + hendi, everyone here knows it's rmzero.

I also find it hard to believe that Extalia never received warning letters until now. When I did MoongraMS we got one on the very first day from Korn. I never even knew until I was told months later by Mario who said he just trashed it.
Rey
some of the newer jobs are actually really cool, way better than the 5 adventurer/explorer jobs. I don't see how zero could be less fun to play than something like v62 night lord or corsair. How is the newest job kinesis not better than the old bowmaster and mages? A lot of jobs have interesting mechanics and the old bosses are basically bosses with mob disarm. Only a few classes were cooler back then, such as dragon knight and shadower, but even shadower can be argued. I personally prefer current shadower.

Last edited:

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I never said all of their new jobs are poop, but also most of their updates are useless.

Reaction score
Rest in peace Extalia. Always sad to see stuff like this happen, especially if Nexon is involved.

Glad you took your server out of your LinkedIn, I'm sure Nexon already knows about you though.

In a simple way : it's Nexon's fault for keeping adding more poop into maplestory that players left and started doing private servers, they should've stopped at some point of upgrading jobs and poop.

Nexon first got poop for grinding being too hard/too long.
Nexon then gets poop for not having things private servers had like PVP/Hardcore Bosses
Nexon then gets poop for adding all of these things + more classes.

Private servers will always exist because there will always be an unhappy subset of players who want something different.

Also I'd like to leave this thread with this brilliant post by the man himself.
ZLNDIOd - RIP Extalia! CLOSED AFTER 4 YEARS! - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Illegal is illegal. That's copyrighted stuff. Think about this, if your stuff gets stolen to gain profits, how would you feel?
You might argue that you coded it, it is not stolen from Nexon. Well, you have your own code, but all those packets and stuff, without MapleStory files, "your" code/source means nothing. It has no use.
Nexon has all the right to use lawsuit or what so ever to take it down, no matter which version, how many players you have.
Also, no matter what, you have no excuse to open a private server and blaming Nexon (IE. they make the game too hard/boring, we miss old school MS, etc).

I have all the respects to Hendi and Extalia's work (coding). Flav? He might be a good coder, but in term of personality, no comment.
But their work (in term of coding) are far better than any of the private server community could ever achieve. It is by far most GMS like server with most features working/coded.
RMZero is good, but all his work were mainly to get the things done, they were more like "custom" version.
Lithium was not RMZero's work, I believe that was AuroX's work, but Lithium was based on RMZero's source (TeraSEA/CrypticSEA), which was based on Lai's source.
For RMZero, this is what he's been doing in past 2-3 years: create a server, after several months, got enough donations, closed it, reopen it with another name and repeats.
Extalia's past was NidoMS, like all others said, they closed for several months. Extalia started.
You never know if RMZero or Extalia (Hendi/Flav) gonna have another server being created later time. Only time can tell.

Reaction score
I never said all of their new jobs are poop, but also most of their updates are useless.

Well sure I guess that's based on opinion but give examples and why. Here's why I think the game isn't much different.

The game has a different focus now than before. If you're playing the game like how it was in 2008 or 2009 then it is terrible. The game isn't about levels anymore. People just get to a decent level and then work on upgrading equipment. Anyone can say what they want about the community. It's not the same on regular servers because there aren't as many players. You can still meet a bunch of cool people though through big guilds and alliances.

What did people do in the old days? They just leveled, PQed, or sat there because too lazy to level. People do this now too, with the addition of bossing. Party quests are rarer now because they're not really worth doing. Grinding will provide better experience. In the past party quests were mainly done for leveling anyway. Things like glitched opq, lmpq were popular because they were fast. KPQ and LPQ were popular because they were fun (and also the first quest). But seriously though, do you want to sit there and talk to people all the time? For me if I were to play, it would be to get something done. I have buddies too in game, but usually there is no need to sit in a map, meet new people, and interact with them. Know someone is cool? Add them and talk to them occasionally.

For game difficulty, it's the same if you look at it from another point of view. Previously the goal was to level to 120 or 200. Leveling to 120 you would get anywhere from 5%-20% an hour at 11x depending on your money. I was probably the poorest of the poorest back in 2007/2008 and I did it at 6%/hr. Now this is comparable to level 200 I guess. If you're super rich you can get 25% an hour on 1x. If you're poor well it's going to take much longer. People also underestimate the game progression. Level 1-220 is like 220-230. Level 1-230 is less than 230-240. Level 240 is 35% of getting to 250. This game is way harder to reach level 250 than it was to reach 200 in the past. The best of the best now gain about 3b exp/hr on 1x on a grinding/leveling class. You need 600b exp to level at 24x. On a slower class like shadower you'll get like 1.2b/hr.

So the game isn't harder, the community is smaller since it's less populated -- check out reboot for this reason. Plenty of players, plenty of same 2008 drama. No pay to win. Is the game more difficult for a new player? Now it is to get to the point of a rich player. There's a few ways to get rich. One way is to buy equips off people. If you have money, I highly suggest this way. You can pay $500 and have like 2m range at level 200 just for doing nothing. $500 is nothing to people that have a career. Or you can make connections to guilds that are strong and do this too. It'll take a month to get full superior gollux fully done if you're 200+ and get hell gollux carried daily. People are willing to do free cra runs too including weapons. So there's your full level 150 gear as well as free income weekly to sell and buy. People do hard magnus carries too, since they just want the capes. You can get coins and get tyrant shoes after a month and a half if you do kritias.

Let me tell you what's actually boring though. Killing things like zakum. It does 1/1 moves every few seconds at 3rd body but other than that poses no challenge at all as long as you can tank a body hit. It's similar to dorothy with no spells. It's just a punching bag for you to hit. Horntail is similar. There's just an order to kill the parts to minimize getting seduced. Compare that to a chaos queen fight. It's nothing compared to even empress, which is considered a low-tier boss now.

You wanted easy leveling? GMS is like that now, up to level 200. You wanted hard leveling? Go past 210 to see it get actually hard. You wanted easier bosses and harder bosses? GMS has that now too. You wanted more maps and monsters? GMS has more of those. You wanted the old jobs? They still have them. Many of the changed jobs are more interesting now too. Don't want to hit high numbers on the old endgame bosses like papulatus clock? Try to kill bosses like chaos von bon and chaos vellum.

The only major difference between now and times like v75 is the wealth gap. I don't know why people complain about that though when they spend hundreds of dollars elsewhere. Even stuff in real life costs more. I can take a vacation from USA to Canada for a week and it'll be > 800. Come on, those of us that played in 2006 are now much older now (>20) and can easily afford to pay to win, or have enough patience to grind a little harder than before at the very least. If you don't want to pay to win, then play GMS reboot server.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons they had intel of some admins, was because of NidoMS.
SuperLol, Hendi doesn't have Facebook, so I have no idea what you were looking at lol.

Ofcourse Nexon has every right to take down a server and even though it's so much fun emulating a game, it's not worth the risk of going to jail or be in real poop for years.

Reaction score
One of the reasons they had intel of some admins, was because of NidoMS.
SuperLol, Hendi doesn't have Facebook, so I have no idea what you were looking at lol.

Ofcourse Nexon has every right to take down a server and even though it's so much fun emulating a game, it's not worth the risk of going to jail or be in real poop for years.

years and years ago lol, this wasn't recent. this was back in moongrams days if you want an estimate so like 2010 or 2011. Talk to the devoted Extalia players. Many know it's the same people from nidoms, even without being told. They don't care as the server itself was a good one.

I should also say that I expect a court case to go exactly like rydahms or other ones (maybe odinms). Basically they don't have much to worry about. They'll be asked to pay lawyer fees and then let go if they promise never to touch private servers again. I think I saw rydahms' owner around as well. He's just far away from private servers

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
years and years ago lol, this wasn't recent. this was back in moongrams days if you want an estimate so like 2010 or 2011. Talk to the devoted Extalia players. Many know it's the same people from nidoms, even without being told. They don't care as the server itself was a good one.

He never had Facebook... and he still doesn't. Believe me, I can tell

Reaction score
He never had Facebook... and he still doesn't. Believe me, I can tell

Well that is fine. Maybe I was shown some other guy's. Anyhow, my point is the guy is Hendi. I know you don't believe it, but he's admitted to it himself before. The server's players know it as well. At this point you're just in denial about flav and hendi owning a server. Why couldn't it be them? Hendi was the only person capable in this section of making a client back then. I highly doubt people here care that flav had or did not have a server. No one is pushing an agenda to get him into trouble. Nexon can't use statements put in this forum in court since this is pure discussion. I have seen your posts on this matter for years and all you have said is you asked him and he denied it. Then why was nidoms and extalia so similar, even in the community?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well that is fine. Maybe I was shown some other guy's. Anyhow, my point is the guy is Hendi. I know you don't believe it, but he's admitted to it himself before. The server's players know it as well. At this point you're just in denial about flav and hendi owning a server. Why couldn't it be them? Hendi was the only person capable in this section of making a client back then. I highly doubt people here care that flav had or did not have a server. No one is pushing an agenda to get him into trouble. Nexon can't use statements put in this forum in court since this is pure discussion. I have seen your posts on this matter for years and all you have said is you asked him and he denied it. Then why was nidoms and extalia so similar, even in the community?
I can't remember denying it. If I did I probably did it to protect a good friend. See, I won't even deny he is a good friend of mine.
Hendi is probably still one of the most capable guys in what he is doing with the client.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't understand why the forums were shut down. Their host is obviously still paid up and I had an artwork thread that I would have liked to saved some uploaded images from.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Although this rumor is true, this has nothing to do with the shutdown.
Logging in on IRC without the VPN only revealed his ISP's name, although narrowing the results, it's still not going to help much.

Zero and Hogan (Flav is one of the two) both received warning letters from Nexon, they decided to comply and shut the server down, thus avoiding a lawsuit, Hendi is pretty much safe since no one came after him.
What surprises me the most is how did Nexon knew something that no one knew - The ones running the show behind the scenes were Hogan and Zero, not Hendi, although he was making all interactions with the players and making it look like he is the one running it all, he was "just a partner" (according to his girlfriend).

Another surprising thing is how they managed to track down both Hogan and Zero, especially when they kept staying on a low profile, making zero to no interactions with the players and always hiding behind VPNs, this just shows how long Nexon's hands when it comes to shutting down private servers, though same cannot be said on the Nexon EU branch, since it doesn't really fight WarRock private servers which is a game published by Nexon EU in world-wide global distribution.

Also what "released stuff of rmzero" are you talking about? I do not recall seeing any of his stuff, will be really interesting to see it.

I assumed or many assumed hidden led the charge because he was the public figure, he posted update logs, development, new staff, etc... Kinda like with rmzero...

RMZ released somethings here in ragezone btw.

Reaction score
I don't understand why the forums were shut down. Their host is obviously still paid up and I had an artwork thread that I would have liked to saved some uploaded images from.

If they got a C&D from a reputable law firm then its because they were told to cease within X amount of hours and they decided to do so. The forums have infringing content as well, although there was plenty of player created content.

Reaction score
If they got a C&D from a reputable law firm then its because they were told to cease within X amount of hours and they decided to do so. The forums have infringing content as well, although there was plenty of player created content.

I'm certain that the content of the forums did not infringe any rights, every use of MapleStory material within the forums was in fact a fair use.

Reaction score
I'm certain that the content of the forums did not infringe any rights, every use of MapleStory material within the forums was in fact a fair use.

That's like robbing your local bank and saying "Well, I mean some of the money was mine."

To be honest, with how fast they packed up shop and how Flavs brother said "I can't say anything more", I believe it means its a full blown lawsuit, but like Moogra said they'll probably just have to pay lawyers fees (Which is still a lot of money) and stay away from private servers forever.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
c4Amdfd - RIP Extalia! CLOSED AFTER 4 YEARS! - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
or maybe there is actually no lawsuit and everyone here is getting CUCKED AF meanwhile hendi's paying hookers and snorting lines

GGG /f425/

Reaction score
i loveee these threads
jsut spent 20 minute s reading evferything xD

@ot
i came home yesterday and heared my brother screaming taht extali shut down
hendi is not answering my calls nor my emails so fk him
bummer for them though

@siven if u r readign this im a finlookin man now that u shutdown with hendi i want to date u

Back