Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private RIP Extalia! CLOSED AFTER 4 YEARS!

Reaction score
That's like robbing your local bank and saying "Well, I mean some of the money was mine."

To be honest, with how fast they packed up shop and how Flavs brother said "I can't say anything more", I believe it means its a full blown lawsuit, but like Moogra said they'll probably just have to pay lawyers fees (Which is still a lot of money) and stay away from private servers forever.
Actually, fair use clause permits the use of copyrighted meterials without the copyright holder's permission to some extent.

i loveee these threads
jsut spent 20 minute s reading evferything xD

@ot
i came home yesterday and heared my brother screaming taht extali shut down
hendi is not answering my calls nor my emails so fk him
bummer for them though

@siven if u r readign this im a finlookin man now that u shutdown with hendi i want to date u
Sivan* and LOL

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well throw me in a pink dress and call me Shirley, so a legend falls, eh?

It's a shame, I have some pretty fond memories of my time on Extalia. As Novak stated early on, it does open up a possible treasure trove of information so perhaps there'll be a light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Reaction score
Actually, fair use clause permits the use of copyrighted meterials without the copyright holder's permission to some extent.

Sivan* and LOL

I don't think you really understand what the term "fair use" means, and how it applies in US law. Spreading information without fully understanding it is dangerous, especially when it comes to legal matters.

"Fair use is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and “transformative” purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work...Most fair use analysis falls into two categories: (1) commentary and criticism, or (2) parody."[SUP]1[/SUP]

Fair use comes into play so that the public doesn't have to fear being sued if they used small segments/parts of copyrighted material (eg images of a cartoon character in a video, quotes from a book).

This has been discussed many times on this forum. Reverse engineering code and algorithms isn't illegal, but bypassing security and redistributing copyrighted material is. Basically, hosting a private server is a legal gray area, and we'd probably need real lawyers to figure out what is and what isn't legal.

But here's the thing. Are you really willing to take this to court? Are you willing to risk jail time and fees (in the $100,000+ range)? Most people, if not all, would not. I think it's pointless to say what is and what isn't legal when you're under the pressure of a company that can literally through hundreds of thousands of dollars at their legal team. Even if what you are doing is somehow technically legal, you can be assured that you will not come out in the black, and you will have years of debt to show for your "victory" over Nexon.

(If I made any errors in this post, feel free to correct me)
[SUP]1[/SUP]
[SUP]2[/SUP]

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
or maybe there is actually no lawsuit and everyone here is getting CUCKED AF meanwhile hendi's paying hookers and snorting lines

GGG /f425/
No lawsuit, no hookers... stop spamming. Yes, I consider such nonsense as spam.

i loveee these threads
jsut spent 20 minute s reading evferything xD

@ot
i came home yesterday and heared my brother screaming taht extali shut down
hendi is not answering my calls nor my emails so fk him
bummer for them though

@siven if u r readign this im a finlookin man now that u shutdown with hendi i want to date u
'so fk him'... stop the flaming, I can see why he is ignoring you.
And don't act like this desperate single. They got dating websites for that matter.

A warning for everyone. Every spam post WILL be infracted. Stay on-topic guys.

Reaction score
'so fk him'... stop
the flaming, I can see why he is ignoring you.
And don't act like this desperate single. They got dating websites for that matter.

offtop
actually, i was kid about the ignore part, we talk on weekly basis
#kdevtimes

also, whats wrong with the sivan part bro? it's just a shoutout, relax
where is 2010 kevin :/
ontopec
flav got tracked so they decided to close

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Sivan* and LOL

if I come in and rip ur website, and make $20,000 every week with it, I guess it's just fair use

Reaction score
That's like robbing your local bank and saying "Well, I mean some of the money was mine."

To be honest, with how fast they packed up shop and how Flavs brother said "I can't say anything more", I believe it means its a full blown lawsuit, but like Moogra said they'll probably just have to pay lawyers fees (Which is still a lot of money) and stay away from private servers forever.

I don't think you really understand what the term "fair use" means, and how it applies in US law. Spreading information without fully understanding it is dangerous, especially when it comes to legal matters.

"Fair use is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and “transformative” purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work...Most fair use analysis falls into two categories: (1) commentary and criticism, or (2) parody."[SUP]1[/SUP]

Fair use comes into play so that the public doesn't have to fear being sued if they used small segments/parts of copyrighted material (eg images of a cartoon character in a video, quotes from a book).

This has been discussed many times on this forum. Reverse engineering code and algorithms isn't illegal, but bypassing security and redistributing copyrighted material is. Basically, hosting a private server is a legal gray area, and we'd probably need real lawyers to figure out what is and what isn't legal.

But here's the thing. Are you really willing to take this to court? Are you willing to risk jail time and fees (in the $100,000+ range)? Most people, if not all, would not. I think it's pointless to say what is and what isn't legal when you're under the pressure of a company that can literally through hundreds of thousands of dollars at their legal team. Even if what you are doing is somehow technically legal, you can be assured that you will not come out in the black, and you will have years of debt to show for your "victory" over Nexon.

(If I made any errors in this post, feel free to correct me)
[SUP]1[/SUP]
[SUP]2[/SUP]

if I come in and rip ur website, and make $20,000 every week with it, I guess it's just fair use

Both your comments are out of context.
I didn't talk about their website or about them hosting a private server, I was talking about keeping their bulletin board online, which has nothing to do with copyrights of Nexon. The bulletin board is there to discuss, it by itself, does not infringe any copyrights, every mention for "MapleStory" trademark within the forums (which referenced in discussions) is in fact a fair use.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So the owners of Extalia were the owners of localMS?

Reaction score
Both your comments are out of context.
I didn't talk about their website or about them hosting a private server, I was talking about keeping their bulletin board online, which has nothing to do with copyrights of Nexon. The bulletin board is there to discuss, it by itself, does not infringe any copyrights, every mention for "MapleStory" trademark within the forums (which referenced in discussions) is in fact a fair use.

It doesn't matter. If Nexon tells you to shut down your server or they will take you to court, you can bet that the people getting sued are going to nuke everything that associates them with MS.

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. If Nexon tells you to shut down your server or they will take you to court, you can bet that the people getting sued are going to nuke everything that associates them with MS.

As you say it yourself, they don't have to do it, they want to, to erase more evidence of them having connection to it and completely taking it all offline to "comply" just because it had any relations to it.
Then my comments are true, therefore I cannot understand why so many of you decided to dislike it.
And obviously there wasn't any misinformation. I even included a very reliable source for my statement, Wikipedia.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol Wikipedia isn't a reliable source. Anybody can change the content of any Wikipedia article. Anyways good luck to the owners of Extalia MS.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wait which came first? OdinMS or LocalMS? I played on both so I don't remember which came first.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol Wikipedia isn't a reliable source. Anybody can change the content of any Wikipedia article. Anyways good luck to the owners of Extalia MS.

that is the dumbest thing anyone can say, especially in 2016. The only persons expected to say such a dumb and retarded thing are those above 65 of age because they understand nothing of technology and how the internet works, and just repeat whatever dumb poop they read in the newspaper. Go ahead and try to enter some dumb and completely fake poop on any wikipedia page, let's see how long it lasts. Every pages are protected and changes are watched very closely

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This situation is pretty entertaining imo.

People think they're closing because of this guy l m a o:
Like if people haven't done that before in all these years.

The rumor is Hidden/Hendi's GF (Sivan) went to visit him and she got on the Extalia IRC without a proxy. Then his info was revealed or whatever, who the duck knows: [IMG]https://forum.ragezone.com/ima...at only the ISP is revealed and nothing else.

not a programmer
Reaction score
that is the dumbest thing anyone can say, especially in 2016. The only persons expected to say such a dumb and retarded thing are those above 65 of age because they understand nothing of technology and how the internet works, and just repeat whatever dumb poop they read in the newspaper. Go ahead and try to enter some dumb and completely fake poop on any wikipedia page, let's see how long it lasts. Every pages are protected and changes are watched very closely
While it doesn't take too long to change it back, it does get changed repeatedly so you could read it before they change it back and not all pages are protected ("pages are generally not protected just because they get a couple of vandal edits", "DumbBOT. . (removing a protection template from a non-protected page (info))")

For instance:
In the movie The Guard (2011) they say the protaganist came 4th in 1998 seoul olympics - swimming. Look at all the changes:

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Although this rumor is true, this has nothing to do with the shutdown.
Logging in on IRC without the VPN only revealed his ISP's name, although narrowing the results, it's still not going to help much.

Zero and Hogan (Flav is one of the two) both received warning letters from Nexon, they decided to comply and shut the server down, thus avoiding a lawsuit, Hendi is pretty much safe since no one came after him.
What surprises me the most is how did Nexon knew something that no one knew - The ones running the show behind the scenes were Hogan and Zero, not Hendi, although he was making all interactions with the players and making it look like he is the one running it all, he was "just a partner" (according to his girlfriend).

Another surprising thing is how they managed to track down both Hogan and Zero, especially when they kept staying on a low profile, making zero to no interactions with the players and always hiding behind VPNs, this just shows how long Nexon's hands when it comes to shutting down private servers, though same cannot be said on the Nexon EU branch, since it doesn't really fight WarRock private servers which is a game published by Nexon EU in world-wide global distribution.

Also what "released stuff of rmzero" are you talking about? I do not recall seeing any of his stuff, will be really interesting to see it.

What do you think every post 1.11 source is based off of in our community? I released crypticsea under the name tetrasea, then somebody else released just the source for arcanems 1.12.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There's a lot of talk about lawsuits but from what I gather from Nexons EULA is that Nexon can no longer file lawsuits. Based on what is written in section 10.2 of their . They have likely realised that lawsuits take too long for an outcome and cost them too much, often for little reward.

10.2 Binding Arbitration.
10.2.1 If a Dispute cannot be resolved through negotiations, then the Dispute must be submitted to binding arbitration (except for the circumstances described in Section 11.4). Arbitration of a Dispute shall be a final and binding determination on you and Nexon. You should review this provision carefully. This arbitration provision limits your and Nexon’s ability to litigate claims in court and you and Nexon each agree to waive our respective rights to a jury trial.
10.2.2 The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Streamlined Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service (the "JAMS") or, where appropriate, the JAMS International Rules, both of which are available at the JAMS website ( ). This arbitration provision is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and the Federal Arbitration Act (the “FAA”) shall apply to the construction, interpretation, and enforceability of this Agreement notwithstanding any other choice of law provision contained in this Agreement. The arbitrator shall determine the scope and enforceability of this arbitration agreement, including whether a Dispute is subject to arbitration.
10.2.3 An arbitration is a proceeding before a neutral arbitrator, instead of before a judge or jury. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court, and provides more limited discovery. It follows different rules than court proceedings, and is subject to very limited review by courts. The arbitrator will issue a written decision and provide a statement of reasons if requested by either party. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU AND NEXON ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND TO HAVE A TRIAL BEFORE A JUDGE OR JURY.

Additionally, I find 11.9 also interesting:

11.9 Equitable Relief. You acknowledge and agree that due to the unique nature of this Agreement, there can be no adequate remedy at law to compensate Nexon for your breach or threatened breach hereof; that any such breach or threatened breach will allow you or third parties to compete unfairly with Nexon resulting in irreparable harm to Nexon that would be difficult to measure; and, therefore, that upon any such breach or threat thereof, Nexon shall be entitled to injunctive and other appropriate equitable relief (without the necessity of proving actual damages or of posting a bond), in addition to whatever remedies it may have at law, hereunder, or otherwise.

Back