Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting up Genshin 3.2VM on Ubuntu Server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey guys,
is there any ways to add people to friends list and do coop activities? Friend and me both tried to add each other but the game keeps saying the UID cant be found. In my case that would be 1 and in his case it would be 2. So there's hardly any space for errors when typing ^^.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all! Just wanna say thanks for getting a private offline server running possible.
I'm trying to get one to run but I'm not very tech savvy and would like some help - tried to follow the readme in TieLay's link but I keep getting "Connection Failed. Try again later." Not sure what I'm doing wrong and don't know how to proceed. Would appreciate some guidance. Thanks in advance!

Some screenshots to show progress/what's happening:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all! Just wanna say thanks for getting a private offline server running possible.
I'm trying to get one to run but I'm not very tech savvy and would like some help - tried to follow the readme in TieLay's link but I keep getting "Connection Failed. Try again later." Not sure what I'm doing wrong and don't know how to proceed. Would appreciate some guidance. Thanks in advance!

Some screenshots to show progress/what's happening:
did you ping the VMWARE IP and did you check the virtual machine editor in edit tab. check Use Internal Proxy in Cultivation

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
did you ping the VMWARE IP and did you check the virtual machine editor in edit tab. check Use Internal Proxy in Cultivation
Thnx for the response!
How do I ping VMWARE IP? Is there a specific command I need to input for it?
I also didn't see VMWARE editor in edit tab - I assumed it was the Virtual Machine Settings (Where I set custom virtual network and VMNet8 (NAT)).

For Use Internal Proxy already checked.

For context I'm using VMWARE station 17 non-commercial version.

I added some screenshots regarding what I see on VMWARE station when I initially launch it and when I launch the genshin VM - not sure how to access virtual machine editor/edit tab from there.

EDIT: So, just an update. I feel a little dumb ahahaha I finally got it working. Basically I was using the base free VRM Workstation and that one didn't have the "Edit -> Virtual Machine Editor" tab. Once I got VRM PRO all the settings in the readme were there - I followed it and everything clicked. XD

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey
can someone please help me
the server wont start :(
brahh.PNG - Setting up Genshin 3.2VM on Ubuntu Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
To play from another PC do you use a new IP or the IP of the host computer (that the VM is running on) when changing the ip? So if the host PC is 192.168.0.12 on the local network, should I change the IP in the server to this same ip? I have the connection set up as bridged.

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
To play from another PC do you use a new IP or the IP of the host computer (that the VM is running on) when changing the ip? So if the host PC is 192.168.0.12 on the local network, should I change the IP in the server to this same ip? I have the connection set up as bridged.

If I am remembering correctly, you use the VM IP so the game server ip, but you need to setup port forwarding on the virtual network from vmware.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I set the external settings and play the game for a few hours, I lose connection to the server, and even if I type in the correct password for root, I can't log in. How do I fix this?

캡처1.JPG - Setting up Genshin 3.2VM on Ubuntu Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
If I set the external settings and play the game for a few hours, I lose connection to the server, and even if I type in the correct password for root, I can't log in. How do I fix this?

View attachment 259316

Have you tried restarting? Make also sure your keyboard input actually types in the characters you want and not something else since it can differ per language / keyboard layout

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have you tried restarting? Make also sure your keyboard input actually types in the characters you want and not something else since it can differ per language / keyboard layout
Yes, but it's the same symptom. I don't think it's caused by entering the wrong password

Back