• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

TopRetros Topsite API ~ Promote and enjoy retros!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know I've said this, and I'm happy you've guys came along if anything it gives him the motivation as I do believe you guys can offer competition - but this new rebuild/recode of TheHabbos will also include a moderation panel to prevent boosters.

But enough of that, don't want to change the topic, good luck with the site hopefully you guys can have a long, as not many topsites do have a long run. :p

If thehabbos is still built on aardvark.

I am dissapoint..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know I've said this, and I'm happy you've guys came along if anything it gives him the motivation as I do believe you guys can offer competition - but this new rebuild/recode of TheHabbos will also include a moderation panel to prevent boosters.

But enough of that, don't want to change the topic, good luck with the site hopefully you guys can have a long, as not many topsites do have a long run. :p

As I have stated part of my reason was to give Josh some boost to actually step in gear and get TheHabbos the much needed push it has been awaiting. Even stating that, that doesn't mean we don't want to compete, we want to bring our A-Game and actually have competition between TopRetros and TheHabbos. I know TheHabbos has been open for awhile now, but every king loses its reign sooner then later, and I believe TopRetros can take that from TheHabbos, but it will take a lot of work from the TopRetros team. I am not being cocky, as it won't happen over night. TheHabbos is a great topsite, and I appreciate Josh for everything he has done with it past and current, and wish itself a great run in the future.

UPDATE:
Louis, does it have a validate url?
Code:
www.topretros.me/validate.php?username={username}&ip={ip}

If not, then are you going to do one?
Just a question..

Also I forgot to update the thread on how I added a Validate script, so you could start to force vote people if you wanted to. In order to Validate, the link would be something like...

Code:
http://retroapi.com/validate.php?username={USERNAME}&ip={IP}

Last edited:
Reaction score
You clearly haven't Beta tested what Josh has in-store for the new thehabbos then have you. It would top any feature Habjoy adds.

You could never top thehabbos with opening topsites, as Skeet said earlier, only small retros benefit from these sites as the larger retros that actually bring in the crowd, you need them more than they need you.

And how are supposed to see it if it's not public?
Moron!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
And how are supposed to see it if it's not public?
Moron!

Did you even go to the link sledmore posted? It says the following:
"The site will be up from time to time for public testing."

I have seen it and tested it. Moron.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We understand you are on Rasta's penis, but this isn't a thread about his website.. Stop talking about it.

Last time i checked i was just stating my opinion and backing myself up when someone calls me a moron.

I will get back ontopic now though.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Improved the site by adding more CSS Transitions :) Enjoy!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your website is not loading for me at all as of posting this.
I have noticed the slow page loads recently. I have contacted our provider about this issue and it should be resolved soon :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is the Habbo section. I don't think many of them have our thinking abilities.
We aren't going to go out and buy a VPS straight away for just running a website. I have a spare VPS that I will move it over to when it is necessary. Right now it is suitable to run on a webhost.

Reaction score
We aren't going to go out and buy a VPS straight away for just running a website. I have a spare VPS that I will move it over to when it is necessary. Right now it is suitable to run on a webhost.

But it obviously isn't though. A VPS costs a little bit more than shared hosting. But the stability a VPS will give you will benefit you in the long run.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
But it obviously isn't though. A VPS costs a little bit more than shared hosting. But the stability a VPS will give you will benefit you in the long run.
Agreed. I will work on moving that over within the days to come.

hpVrhel - TopRetros Topsite API ~ Promote and enjoy retros! - RaGEZONE Forums

Not the fastest VPS, but it doesn't need more RAM :p I am upgrading it to a 3.6Ghz Processor soon. Also has 1000Mbps so uplink will not be an issue.

Reaction score
why not just host it on a low end VPS which you have full control over. These Days it makes no sense to use shared webhosting (I assume you're using that).

I don't get how using a VPS is better having shared web hosting, there's more chance of the site being down more on a low end VPS, i just don't get it, but if thats the case use a linux vps, not windows.

xJP

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Interesting and 'unique' website concept, considering.

Reaction score
I don't get how using a VPS is better having shared web hosting, there's more chance of the site being down more on a low end VPS, i just don't get it, but if thats the case use a linux vps, not windows.

That's completely wrong actually. The chances of it being down are very small depending on what company you choose. I've heard nothing but good things from BuyVM - Affordable VPS hosting with a touch of insanity. I have a box there and I've had 0 downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back