Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUT] BR Server and Client SETUP!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Umm , I have trouble at step 9 , What do you mean change o_o

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
he wants you to change the value for the br gunz update server for yours

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Heh so Do I , like CTRL+F again and change it to fpatch.theduel.com.br on the value? o_o; im very confused XD, then what , sorry >_______>; i mostly don't understand this :\ Thanksfor you help ^^

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
yeah the launcher part is confusing, i still cant the update function to work.. and i dont know why, the rest work tho

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
you cant make it update its got a CRC code that differnt to filelist.xml ver
no one has bothered to do it ...yet..

the point of that it to put your own webpage in and so it dosent popup with no update!

if you cant do that then dont do that part, do the other opion...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi!

I have following, step by step the tut, but i have a probleme, i cant login on my server... when i launch the game, the serveur list is blank...

I try to make it in lan, for testing... so, i'm shure about configuratin of Locator.ini, server.ini and my DB info about server... and firewall...

Why my client don't show my server in the list?

P.S. MAXTRAXv4, i have adding you in msn(el_pape)

Sorry for my english :/

thx by advance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
And, i forgot to say it before, i take my server lan ip in system.xml. i already have made a gunz server, but an old international... and it work fine!(yes, i have make a new database and all, for the BR gunz)

EDIT: When i launch the game with launcer, i found nothing, server list is blank... when a launch the game directly with theduel.exe, my server was found... it's a good start to found the problem!(and my server work finally :D)

EDIT2: the start.html and the patch.xml need to be on the same server that Matchserver is runnig? because my webfile are on a real web hosting, but my server is on a computer in my lan...

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
here a clue, well at lest you havent sed it yet any's

update filelist.xml(found in system.mrs)(yes, update the CRC code)

and if you cant get the first launcher thing to work(plz note you cant make it the launcher update) try the secon opion

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
im new to this apache thing and im wondering : where is the apache root folder?

Also I think i hex edited it wrong cause i keep getting a error saying that theduel.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Can i get some help or use someone's working one?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
here a clue, well at lest you havent sed it yet any's

update filelist.xml(found in system.mrs)(yes, update the CRC code)

and if you cant get the first launcher thing to work(plz note you cant make it the launcher update) try the secon opion

All my modified files are updated in filelist.xml... i don't know what file i need to update, actually, i just have change system.xml and GunzLauncher.exe, but this last is not in filelist...

And other people have do it to work, the start.html and patch.xml are on the same computer than the server work(ip adress)?

EDIT: we realy need the launcher... if not, that happen in mlog.txt: "Serialkey error : 206"

If i launch the game with the launcher, server list blank, and if i launch the game directly, 1 time of 2, i have this error(i need to launch the launcher 1 fisrt time to before i can run tehduel.exe)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
some test later...

I have a connection probleme on my principal computer... i have tested it on my laptop, and that work fine...

sorry for the dummy question...

Thx a lot for the tut, work fine :D

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@nynjardin idk what you did, what ever you did you just did it realy fast with out testing...or backups im gessing..

@hoje0711 i tell every one this READ ALL OF THE TUT, yes that means the notes as well(you know the realy inporten note on things?)

@wesman2232 i dont do web stuff's, if you cant do it move on to the secon opion!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the sql data bace is a GunzDB.bak

like next time stop being dumb and puting things that dont work

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Umm i kinda need help. My server runs fine and everything but the problem is that when i join a game people get agent error and when i don't they don't get agent error. Also when i try to use a diffrent default and loadable, the game won't launch it gives me this error. I already updated the filelist.xml for the default and loadable. Can anybody help me? :scratch:

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice tut man, I got everything to work now.

the sql data bace is a GunzDB.bak

like next time stop being dumb and puting things that dont work

You stop being dumb. Restore the database from that.
Watch the vedios on how to do that.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
When you say put the text.txt in your Gunz file, do you mean in the folder where theduel.exe is?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@Mr.Lucifer yes, but its called test.txt

@shingcing wow and your calling me dumb, plz think be for you post!

@wesman2232 thanks you

@wowhacker all i can tell about how to fix AE is that it can be fixed by NAT
and if you cant do that hamachi is a program that will help...but is very limted..

i dont know about that default.mrs... make shure it hasnt been moded

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Ok then, it doesn't work. I have the test.txt in my folder but xPatch still loads and freezes at:

MAXTRAXv4 - [TUT] BR Server and Client SETUP! - RaGEZONE Forums

Help please?

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok then, it doesn't work. I have the test.txt in my folder but xPatch still loads and freezes at:

MAXTRAXv4 - [TUT] BR Server and Client SETUP! - RaGEZONE Forums

Help please?

hmm, mine works. In test.txt put XTRAP_PATCH_SKIP
If that dosent work then I dont know.

Back