Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUT] BR Server and Client SETUP!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@tresspasser
i followed the TUT but servers not visible
Hers my mail ID plzz send me the tut
elton_j91@yahoo.com

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Sry for Double post
Guyz i cant see the servers y is that so
help me plzzzzzzzzzzz

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@trespazzer plz review the videos

@hlcm there is no current way of doing that or it would of been in the tut

@Mr.Lucifer i dont want to repeate my self READ THE TUT.. you didnt last time, and i will not help you unless you have read it at lessed 5 times more the hole thing!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Maxtrax
Thanks for your reply. I have passed through the VDO at least 10 times. It didn't help. Last 2-3 days, I tried to review all the things by myself. I found something. I have solved it. Now I can play the game using this server. Thanks you again for your precious post(s).

Only some annoying questions.
- "Not setted country code" in the matchserver screen when launched. In my DB, only "0 u" appeared. (means only 1 country list in DB) I think the DB is missing some values. My server.ini is set to 'br'.
- I would like to have the EXP table, so that I can change my level and EXP to go along together. Otherwise, once level up, my level will bounce back where it was.

If possible, can I have your value in 'countrycode' table ? I think it has only u,br, jpn, kor or something. But just not sure whether 1=br, 2=kor (example) or not.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have done everything that is written in the tut except for the website bit, because I want to get the client working first.

I have been able to create a server and everything, however when I try to log in, I keep getting what i think is "Cannot Connect to Server" or atleast something similar, I have searched through this entire thread, but nothing has helped me

Please help, been trying to make a server for atleast 5days.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@trespazzer to edit your exp rates its in a file called:formula.xml
the bounce back thing is beacuse you have no exp it just says your a high level
countrycode table: the vids show you how to set that up!
and the ports are posted-.-

@thebestkiller ya, yes it dose...also TDME

@Moonkey make shure you have put the zitem.xml from system.mrs
into matchserver files

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I have some problems :S
When i run the locator ..
I see the server is running ( Run : 1 , Dead : 0 )
But when i enter theduel.exe
i dont see anything!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@maxtrax
The VDO(s) have contained about how to -
1. create DB and restore DB.
2. create ODBC and set the ODBC values.

I have not seen any country data set there. (What I mean, is not how to set it, but I want to know the table's data) The only answer I have searched for the whole forum, there is only "0 u". That's all. 1 data row. Some asked to change server.ini from "u" to "br" or "brz", not none has talked about "what is u, br, kor and what represent them ex. 1=u 2=br 3=kr)

One silly question I want to ask you, "where can I find the premium things IN GAME ?" Since I go into the game, only "shop", "equip" appear. Where is "premium" ? Since I saw the 'premium' button available in 'default.mrs', so there must be somewhere. Thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have put the zitem.xml frm system.mrs to the Server files

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@trespazzer ill have to setup my gunz agen and get back to you i have never need to play with the settings of it(its should be done for you)

@thebestkiller make shure you have updated filelist.xml in system.mrs

@Moonkey can i plz have a pic of what the game says and also what matchserver say

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Maxtrax
I agreed to you. Only the attached database (DB after restored) can play game properly. By the way, if you notice, you will find some little points there.
1. My country code in Matchserver appeared as "Not setted country code" That means there must be somewhere to put in any data, more than server.ini. I saw DB, 'countrycode' table. Where its fields are countryID, country name. So, I think that there must be some data here. At least, this field may be used for only display purpose. Or worst, use for the whole game configuration.
2. Some tables, I think they should contain some values. Ex. IPtocountry, countrycode, Billing method, Block Countrycode, Game Type**, itemslot type, level, QuestItem, ServerType*.

But from my point of view, I noticed that the reason why you can play game without having these important data in your tables, that's because, the developer may change something, not to rely on (some of) these tables. May be put in value somewhere else. Or worst, these tables need values in order to work effectively. But we have only the shells (tables with structures, but no data), not data values.

Anyway, I think I have bothered you so much (due to many posts above) Hope you don't feel annoying.

Thanks for your helps and advices.

@Moonkey
I have faced the same problem like you. I solved it accidentally by recreating the client things. Since that day, I was doing a client set tutorial for some1 here. After finished, I found out the problem, it related to the IP value of yours. I can say shortly. First, try to use "localhost" instead of your 'www.xxxxxx.com' , then use "127.0.0.1" instead of the numeric IP. and see. I think it will work. After that, just consider what to replace next. One important thing. Don't confused with your WAN IP. Check out thoroughly, whether actually, your WAN IP is your machine's IP, or your Router's IP. Many have confused. If Router, then a port forwarding can help you. Hope this helps.

@thebestkiller
Hi, man. Just wondering why you entered 'theduel.exe' instead of using 'gunzlauncher.exe'. Or you have faced the Xpatch problem, and thought that you could bypass it with launching 'theduel.exe' instead of 'Gunzlauncher.exe' ? You need to re-read your guide again. Perhaps you did something wrong, so you just have the problem. If you don't mind, just tell me your problem again. I will try to help as much as I can.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@trespazzer
Ty for the post

I have already tried changing between my router's ip and my WAN IP, I have also tried using localhost, I was only able to see the server after I used my Router IP (or) localhost. It still didn't help

@MAXTRAXv4
Here are thepics

BRGunzloginscrn.JPG

BRGunzMatchServer.JPG

MAXTRAXv4 - [TUT] BR Server and Client SETUP! - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Moonkey
u r welcome. Let me tell you briefly about how they work (from my research). 1. Matchserver will gather information from server.ini and establish itself, normally on port 6000. (who sets that ???), but one thing, in your server.ini, the 'DBAgentIP' must be (DBAgentIP="127.0.0.1"), not use your WAN IP, use this.
2. Once Matchserver is on, you still cannot connect to the server. Locator must be run. The locator.ini file will tell the client whether 'Where' is the server, 'What' port. It acts like a guide to lead client to contact the server. So, the Locator must be run after Matchserver is run.
3. Now just check whether your port 6000 is not blocked by ANYTHING. ex. firewall, port mapper. Let the port free.
4. In your client, just tell the client that, "where' is the server. By configure it in your config.xml file.

If everything is done, I think you should be able to see and contact the server.

The thing that I let you set to 'locahost', I mean, You have to write (HEX) it in your 'gunzlauncher.exe'. 3 places in that file. (For the numeric IP value, please use your 127.0.0.1 or your machine's NAT IP. you have to replace String by String, number by number, don't mix) Then for the server side, use your NAT IP. it will work man.

@Maxtrax
If you come back, may I ask you some question ?
1. In my login page, instead of seeing the server's name, it appeared as 'nomsg 0/100' instead of 'Matchserver1 0/100" I don't know whether I missed something.
2. Quest, when I play quest, in quest, I receive a message like I got Chirstmas hat or skull or any quest item, but once finished, I went back and checked my inventory, none of them was there. Looked like I got nothing from the recent quest. Any suggestion ?

I am now trying to compose back the required 'data' in all necessary tables. Let u know if I can do it all.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I always run Locator after opening Matchserver, and my 'DBAgentIP' is set at 127.0.0.1, and all of the required ports have already been unblocked

Could you tell me where exactly I have to put localhost, because I'm not too good with hexing exe's

Thanks in advance :)

btw, I've already begun working on a website, eventhough my client doesn't work yet, I've got a free domain and have just finished setting up the forums :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ugh, sry, I don't giv anyone my email address >_>"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Moonkey
That's OK. I know what you mean. But me too. I hate megaupload, rapidshare and some other places. They forced me to install their gadgets and made my system went crazy. I don't know how to send you. I don't want to place this tutorial to somewhere also. Hope u understand what I mean.

Anyway, may try to help u by words instead.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Offtopic - lol, I have an account on Megaupload and I just open MultiFileUpload and upload the files I want and that's all there's to it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok i have been trying to set this up for a few days server etc all run fine untill i go to launch my client xtrap pops in and says not valid os i am running vista, nw wats the difference between the updated gunz and this gunz, if we update it also means we get vista supported xtrap drivers sorie if this is a nub question i jus realy want this to work on vista

Back