[Tutorial] Server setup guide! (Using MSSQL2000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey My Server is Online but I cant make Chars only Logins....
Help plz
Dopestar - [Tutorial]  Server setup guide! (Using MSSQL2000) - RaGEZONE Forums

When I try to make a Account there stand:
"Wrong Name.Special Letters and Space can´t be used"
I have tried all ...aa...risking....pp...pain..all but nothing goes working..
Can i make chars with the Tools?

----
Edit:
Now I have engine.exe failed when i went into the Door to Login....
WTF?
 
Last edited:
I have problem with login i select server and have error "Server is on Maintence"
 
Dopestar, nice work & good support.. I been reading some of the posts OMG xD

Well my hat off to you.. I run a private server which the files are from here, the server works fine with no mega problems, good base for people like me looking for clean files. My server going well with a new town and new PVP area.

So to everyone posting lame posts! sit back and think about things before you waste other peoples times with some of these lame posts! This guide is fine and if you do it ok yourself everything will work fine with no errors. First try going over what you did and checking your settings to this guide and im sure you will find the problem yourself and feel that much better you fixed it yourself :)

May even release my server files soon xD w00t
 
Great guide, but I have a question: How to be GM?

I can make Step 5 and play, but I can't do any commands. What shall I do so my account is GM?
 
first off, good Job :)

Next is harder... My friend recently opened his Pvt server and invited me to help test drop rates etc... and when i get to Server select screen and hit ok i get a "server is on maint." screen.. could anyone pls give ideas on how to fix this thnx alot for the help, Dry



and yes he added his IP to config.pk and has all needed ser/databases etc. running

okay im setting up my kal_auth but when i get to the part when your restoring your database and select device then add and find file "auth" i cant find it can someone help plssssssss


The only folders i see when i hit "add" are : Micrsoft SQL server,80,MSSQL,BACKUP,BINN,Data,Install,Jobs,Log,REPLDATA,Upgrade

I cannoth find the "auth" file anywhere can someone pls help me

the only files remotely close to "auth" were the "kal_auth_Data.mdf", "kal_auth_Log.ldf","kal_db_Data.mdf" and "kal_db_Log.ldf" plz help
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Kristofer : open enterprise manager go to Sql server group, local (windows nt) then databases kal_db , tables , player right click on it open table > all rows
then search your player and fill in where admin 11

Dry : your friend didnt open his ports on his router if it said on maintence :)
 
hello,
at first i wanna thank you for the great tutorial, but i have a problem with my server. the server works correct, i can connect, create chars and run around ingame, but i cant see any!! items. i dont see my items and i also dont see any items in the merchant window. ive tried two server-repacks (solidus and kalmax) but it doesnt matter. so i think it is a problem with the client but i dont have any idea what it could be
 

Attachments

  • shot_2007_2_16_000 - [Tutorial]  Server setup guide! (Using MSSQL2000) - RaGEZONE Forums
    shot_2007_2_16_000.webp
    95.5 KB · Views: 266
uhm...... help? i gues lol and i hope

hey i really like this help u give to people like me who wanna have his own server but i have a problem on the topic from Kalonline Private Server FAQ .01 and that is giving a link : Download and extract Working Kalonline Server Files. Extract them to a folder that will be used for your server. Rar Files can be found here
^^^^^^^but that link doenst work anymore so i cant get ma working server files can u plz help me and fix it? or send a working link to ma email [email protected] thanks
 
@All i hope one Member here can help me where is the ODBC Date i must go on Start--Control Pannel--ODBC and where is Control Pannel i find this not is this in the green Start? left under? Plz Help me FAST and Plz help me on Main_Server and Login_Server where i get this ? is this from Step 1 - Step 5 in?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back