Initiate Mage
- Joined
- Jan 2, 2025
- Messages
- 3
- Reaction score
- 0
thanks
ty[Hidden content]
Server Setup Guide(EU/TW/US)
Server-Client Files:
[Hidden content]
Prerequisites
Before starting, download and install the following in your server:
- SQL Server Express -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Choose "Custom" installation)- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Core components only)- XAMPP -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For web server)- DB Browser for SQLite -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For editing .db3 files, also needed in client)- Visual C++ Redistributables 2012 -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(both x86 & x64)
USING MY VM:
Time Required: 0.5-1 hour | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Vindictus Private Server - Quick Setup (Pre-configured VM)
For use with the pre-configured VM image. Only IP changes required.
This configuration is for GUEST (VM SERVER) and HOST (CLIENT GAME) are in the same PC
Before You Start
Get your local IP address. We'll call this YOUR_IP.
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
SERVER (VM)
[Hidden content]
FROM SCRATCH WITH MY FILES:
Time Required: 2-3 hours | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Important: Get Your Server IP Address
You will need your LAN IP address throughout this guide. Remember it!.
To find it:
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
Note: When speaking of IPs I will refer to LOCALHOST (127.0.0.1), LAN(e.g., 192.168.1.200) or WAN(e.g., 142.7.123.34).
[Hidden content]
Extras and Fixes:
(thx j84c3)
[RELEASE] WhisperChat Fix - Services & Wcf Logic
Hey everyone,
Regarding the chat issues mentioned recently, I’ve spent some time digging into the services and I’ve got a fix for the WhisperChat.
After spending several days digging into how the services interact and using Claude-AI to help me refine the code, I’ve finally managed to fix the Whisper chat functionality.
I’ve attached an archive containing the 4 files required for the fix. Inside, you’ll also find two PDF guides (one in Italian, one in English).
What’s inside the guides:
- Part 1: A...
(thx memvoicam)
Huge thanks for sharing your files and the server!
I managed to get everything up and running and it plays like a dream. I’d tried some other files before but had a lot of issues with the Crossbow Kai—super glad to see that the Kai is actually fixed in your version!
I also set up the client/server via TailScale, so I’m already playing with some friends remotely.
Just had a quick question about this build:
The only chat that works is "ALL" Whenever I try to use Party or Whisper, the game just completely freezes up on me.
Anyone have a fix for this?
SET Feature Table like this...
(thx extazy20)
Open heroes db, load FeutureMatrix table, change fields called:
ExpRate_Combat
ExpRate_Monster
ExpRate_Story
GoldRate_Combat
GoldRate_Story
APRate_Combat
APRate_Story
Troubleshooting
- Enable SQL Server Authentication mode in SSMS (Server Properties > Security)
- Verify SA password matches config files
- Enable the SA account: Security > Logins > sa > Properties > Status > Login: Enabled
- Verify SQL Server service is running
- Check TCP/IP is enabled in SQL Configuration Manager
- Confirm port 1433 is set in IPAll
Run the PowerShell commands in Step 8.
- Verify EndPoint.txt file is configured with LAN/WAN ip
- Verify hosts file is configured correctly on client
- Check Windows Firewall isn't blocking connections
- Confirm IP is correct in all config files
Guide compiled by ArtykWolf. Based on community contributions and my own.
Enjoy your server!
thank u[Hidden content]
Server Setup Guide(EU/TW/US)
Server-Client Files:
[Hidden content]
Prerequisites
Before starting, download and install the following in your server:
- SQL Server Express -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Choose "Custom" installation)- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Core components only)- XAMPP -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For web server)- DB Browser for SQLite -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For editing .db3 files, also needed in client)- Visual C++ Redistributables 2012 -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(both x86 & x64)
USING MY VM:
Time Required: 0.5-1 hour | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Vindictus Private Server - Quick Setup (Pre-configured VM)
For use with the pre-configured VM image. Only IP changes required.
This configuration is for GUEST (VM SERVER) and HOST (CLIENT GAME) are in the same PC
Before You Start
Get your local IP address. We'll call this YOUR_IP.
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
SERVER (VM)
[Hidden content]
FROM SCRATCH WITH MY FILES:
Time Required: 2-3 hours | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Important: Get Your Server IP Address
You will need your LAN IP address throughout this guide. Remember it!.
To find it:
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
Note: When speaking of IPs I will refer to LOCALHOST (127.0.0.1), LAN(e.g., 192.168.1.200) or WAN(e.g., 142.7.123.34).
[Hidden content]
Extras and Fixes:
(thx j84c3)
[RELEASE] WhisperChat Fix - Services & Wcf Logic
Hey everyone,
Regarding the chat issues mentioned recently, I’ve spent some time digging into the services and I’ve got a fix for the WhisperChat.
After spending several days digging into how the services interact and using Claude-AI to help me refine the code, I’ve finally managed to fix the Whisper chat functionality.
I’ve attached an archive containing the 4 files required for the fix. Inside, you’ll also find two PDF guides (one in Italian, one in English).
What’s inside the guides:
- Part 1: A...
(thx memvoicam)
Huge thanks for sharing your files and the server!
I managed to get everything up and running and it plays like a dream. I’d tried some other files before but had a lot of issues with the Crossbow Kai—super glad to see that the Kai is actually fixed in your version!
I also set up the client/server via TailScale, so I’m already playing with some friends remotely.
Just had a quick question about this build:
The only chat that works is "ALL" Whenever I try to use Party or Whisper, the game just completely freezes up on me.
Anyone have a fix for this?
SET Feature Table like this...
(thx extazy20)
Open heroes db, load FeutureMatrix table, change fields called:
ExpRate_Combat
ExpRate_Monster
ExpRate_Story
GoldRate_Combat
GoldRate_Story
APRate_Combat
APRate_Story
Troubleshooting
- Enable SQL Server Authentication mode in SSMS (Server Properties > Security)
- Verify SA password matches config files
- Enable the SA account: Security > Logins > sa > Properties > Status > Login: Enabled
- Verify SQL Server service is running
- Check TCP/IP is enabled in SQL Configuration Manager
- Confirm port 1433 is set in IPAll
Run the PowerShell commands in Step 8.
- Verify EndPoint.txt file is configured with LAN/WAN ip
- Verify hosts file is configured correctly on client
- Check Windows Firewall isn't blocking connections
- Confirm IP is correct in all config files
Guide compiled by ArtykWolf. Based on community contributions and my own.
Enjoy your server!
Replying to se hidden content.[Hidden content]
Server Setup Guide(EU/TW/US)
Server-Client Files:
[Hidden content]
Prerequisites
Before starting, download and install the following in your server:
- SQL Server Express -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Choose "Custom" installation)- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Core components only)- XAMPP -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For web server)- DB Browser for SQLite -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For editing .db3 files, also needed in client)- Visual C++ Redistributables 2012 -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(both x86 & x64)
USING MY VM:
Time Required: 0.5-1 hour | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Vindictus Private Server - Quick Setup (Pre-configured VM)
For use with the pre-configured VM image. Only IP changes required.
This configuration is for GUEST (VM SERVER) and HOST (CLIENT GAME) are in the same PC
Before You Start
Get your local IP address. We'll call this YOUR_IP.
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
SERVER (VM)
[Hidden content]
FROM SCRATCH WITH MY FILES:
Time Required: 2-3 hours | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Important: Get Your Server IP Address
You will need your LAN IP address throughout this guide. Remember it!.
To find it:
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
Note: When speaking of IPs I will refer to LOCALHOST (127.0.0.1), LAN(e.g., 192.168.1.200) or WAN(e.g., 142.7.123.34).
[Hidden content]
Extras and Fixes:
(thx j84c3)
[RELEASE] WhisperChat Fix - Services & Wcf Logic
Hey everyone,
Regarding the chat issues mentioned recently, I’ve spent some time digging into the services and I’ve got a fix for the WhisperChat.
After spending several days digging into how the services interact and using Claude-AI to help me refine the code, I’ve finally managed to fix the Whisper chat functionality.
I’ve attached an archive containing the 4 files required for the fix. Inside, you’ll also find two PDF guides (one in Italian, one in English).
What’s inside the guides:
- Part 1: A...
(thx memvoicam)
Huge thanks for sharing your files and the server!
I managed to get everything up and running and it plays like a dream. I’d tried some other files before but had a lot of issues with the Crossbow Kai—super glad to see that the Kai is actually fixed in your version!
I also set up the client/server via TailScale, so I’m already playing with some friends remotely.
Just had a quick question about this build:
The only chat that works is "ALL" Whenever I try to use Party or Whisper, the game just completely freezes up on me.
Anyone have a fix for this?
SET Feature Table like this...
(thx extazy20)
Open heroes db, load FeutureMatrix table, change fields called:
ExpRate_Combat
ExpRate_Monster
ExpRate_Story
GoldRate_Combat
GoldRate_Story
APRate_Combat
APRate_Story
Troubleshooting
- Enable SQL Server Authentication mode in SSMS (Server Properties > Security)
- Verify SA password matches config files
- Enable the SA account: Security > Logins > sa > Properties > Status > Login: Enabled
- Verify SQL Server service is running
- Check TCP/IP is enabled in SQL Configuration Manager
- Confirm port 1433 is set in IPAll
Run the PowerShell commands in Step 8.
- Verify EndPoint.txt file is configured with LAN/WAN ip
- Verify hosts file is configured correctly on client
- Check Windows Firewall isn't blocking connections
- Confirm IP is correct in all config files
Guide compiled by ArtykWolf. Based on community contributions and my own.
Enjoy your server!
replying[Hidden content]
Server Setup Guide(EU/TW/US)
Server-Client Files:
[Hidden content]
Prerequisites
Before starting, download and install the following in your server:
- SQL Server Express -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Choose "Custom" installation)- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Core components only)- XAMPP -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For web server)- DB Browser for SQLite -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For editing .db3 files, also needed in client)- Visual C++ Redistributables 2012 -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(both x86 & x64)
USING MY VM:
Time Required: 0.5-1 hour | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Vindictus Private Server - Quick Setup (Pre-configured VM)
For use with the pre-configured VM image. Only IP changes required.
This configuration is for GUEST (VM SERVER) and HOST (CLIENT GAME) are in the same PC
Before You Start
Get your local IP address. We'll call this YOUR_IP.
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
SERVER (VM)
[Hidden content]
FROM SCRATCH WITH MY FILES:
Time Required: 2-3 hours | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Important: Get Your Server IP Address
You will need your LAN IP address throughout this guide. Remember it!.
To find it:
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
Note: When speaking of IPs I will refer to LOCALHOST (127.0.0.1), LAN(e.g., 192.168.1.200) or WAN(e.g., 142.7.123.34).
[Hidden content]
Extras and Fixes:
(thx j84c3)
[RELEASE] WhisperChat Fix - Services & Wcf Logic
Hey everyone,
Regarding the chat issues mentioned recently, I’ve spent some time digging into the services and I’ve got a fix for the WhisperChat.
After spending several days digging into how the services interact and using Claude-AI to help me refine the code, I’ve finally managed to fix the Whisper chat functionality.
I’ve attached an archive containing the 4 files required for the fix. Inside, you’ll also find two PDF guides (one in Italian, one in English).
What’s inside the guides:
- Part 1: A...
(thx memvoicam)
Huge thanks for sharing your files and the server!
I managed to get everything up and running and it plays like a dream. I’d tried some other files before but had a lot of issues with the Crossbow Kai—super glad to see that the Kai is actually fixed in your version!
I also set up the client/server via TailScale, so I’m already playing with some friends remotely.
Just had a quick question about this build:
The only chat that works is "ALL" Whenever I try to use Party or Whisper, the game just completely freezes up on me.
Anyone have a fix for this?
SET Feature Table like this...
(thx extazy20)
Open heroes db, load FeutureMatrix table, change fields called:
ExpRate_Combat
ExpRate_Monster
ExpRate_Story
GoldRate_Combat
GoldRate_Story
APRate_Combat
APRate_Story
Troubleshooting
- Enable SQL Server Authentication mode in SSMS (Server Properties > Security)
- Verify SA password matches config files
- Enable the SA account: Security > Logins > sa > Properties > Status > Login: Enabled
- Verify SQL Server service is running
- Check TCP/IP is enabled in SQL Configuration Manager
- Confirm port 1433 is set in IPAll
Run the PowerShell commands in Step 8.
- Verify EndPoint.txt file is configured with LAN/WAN ip
- Verify hosts file is configured correctly on client
- Check Windows Firewall isn't blocking connections
- Confirm IP is correct in all config files
Guide compiled by ArtykWolf. Based on community contributions and my own.
Enjoy your server!
[Hidden content]
Server Setup Guide(EU/TW/US)
Server-Client Files:
[Hidden content]
Prerequisites
Before starting, download and install the following in your server:
- SQL Server Express -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Choose "Custom" installation)- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Core components only)- XAMPP -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For web server)- DB Browser for SQLite -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For editing .db3 files, also needed in client)- Visual C++ Redistributables 2012 -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(both x86 & x64)
USING MY VM:
Time Required: 0.5-1 hour | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Vindictus Private Server - Quick Setup (Pre-configured VM)
For use with the pre-configured VM image. Only IP changes required.
This configuration is for GUEST (VM SERVER) and HOST (CLIENT GAME) are in the same PC
Before You Start
Get your local IP address. We'll call this YOUR_IP.
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
SERVER (VM)
[Hidden content]
FROM SCRATCH WITH MY FILES:
Time Required: 2-3 hours | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Important: Get Your Server IP Address
You will need your LAN IP address throughout this guide. Remember it!.
To find it:
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
注意:当谈论IP地址时,我会提到LOCALHOST (127.0.0.1)、LAN(例如,192.168.1.200)或WAN(例如,142.7.123.34)。
[隐藏内容]
[/剧透]
额外内容和修复:
(谢谢 j84c3)
[/剧透][RELEASE] WhisperChat Fix - Services & Wcf Logic
Hey everyone,
Regarding the chat issues mentioned recently, I’ve spent some time digging into the services and I’ve got a fix for the WhisperChat.
After spending several days digging into how the services interact and using Claude-AI to help me refine the code, I’ve finally managed to fix the Whisper chat functionality.
I’ve attached an archive containing the 4 files required for the fix. Inside, you’ll also find two PDF guides (one in Italian, one in English).
What’s inside the guides:
- Part 1: A...
(感谢 memvoicam)
[/剧透]Huge thanks for sharing your files and the server!
I managed to get everything up and running and it plays like a dream. I’d tried some other files before but had a lot of issues with the Crossbow Kai—super glad to see that the Kai is actually fixed in your version!
I also set up the client/server via TailScale, so I’m already playing with some friends remotely.
Just had a quick question about this build:
The only chat that works is "ALL" Whenever I try to use Party or Whisper, the game just completely freezes up on me.
Anyone have a fix for this?
SET Feature Table like this...
[剧透=如何更改费率]
(谢谢 extazy20)
[/剧透]Open heroes db, load FeutureMatrix table, change fields called:
ExpRate_Combat
ExpRate_Monster
ExpRate_Story
GoldRate_Combat
GoldRate_Story
APRate_Combat
APRate_Story
故障排除
[剧透]
[剧透="用户'sa'登录失败"]
[/剧透]
- 在 SSMS 中启用 SQL Server 认证模式(服务器属性 > 安全性)
- 验证 SA 密码与配置文件匹配
- 启用sa账户:安全 > 登录 > sa > 属性 > 状态 > 登录:已启用
[/剧透]
- 验证SQL Server服务正在运行
- 检查在SQL配置管理器中TCP/IP是否已启用
- 确认端口1433在IPAll中已设置
在第8步中运行PowerShell命令。
[/剧透]
[剧透="客户端无法连接"]
[/剧透]
- 验证EndPoint.txt文件已配置为LAN/WAN IP
- 验证客户端上的主机文件配置是否正确
- 检查Windows防火墙是否阻止了连接
- 确认所有配置文件中的IP地址正确。
[/剧透]
指南由ArtykWolf编译。基于社区贡献和我自己的经验。
享受你的服务器!
Oh, God[Hidden content]
Server Setup Guide(EU/TW/US)
Server-Client Files:
[Hidden content]
Prerequisites
Before starting, download and install the following in your server:
- SQL Server Express -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Choose "Custom" installation)- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Core components only)- XAMPP -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For web server)- DB Browser for SQLite -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For editing .db3 files, also needed in client)- Visual C++ Redistributables 2012 -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(both x86 & x64)
USING MY VM:
Time Required: 0.5-1 hour | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Vindictus Private Server - Quick Setup (Pre-configured VM)
For use with the pre-configured VM image. Only IP changes required.
This configuration is for GUEST (VM SERVER) and HOST (CLIENT GAME) are in the same PC
Before You Start
Get your local IP address. We'll call this YOUR_IP.
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
SERVER (VM)
[Hidden content]
FROM SCRATCH WITH MY FILES:
Time Required: 2-3 hours | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Important: Get Your Server IP Address
You will need your LAN IP address throughout this guide. Remember it!.
To find it:
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
Note: When speaking of IPs I will refer to LOCALHOST (127.0.0.1), LAN(e.g., 192.168.1.200) or WAN(e.g., 142.7.123.34).
[Hidden content]
Extras and Fixes:
(thx j84c3)
[RELEASE] WhisperChat Fix - Services & Wcf Logic
Hey everyone,
Regarding the chat issues mentioned recently, I’ve spent some time digging into the services and I’ve got a fix for the WhisperChat.
After spending several days digging into how the services interact and using Claude-AI to help me refine the code, I’ve finally managed to fix the Whisper chat functionality.
I’ve attached an archive containing the 4 files required for the fix. Inside, you’ll also find two PDF guides (one in Italian, one in English).
What’s inside the guides:
- Part 1: A...
(thx memvoicam)
Huge thanks for sharing your files and the server!
I managed to get everything up and running and it plays like a dream. I’d tried some other files before but had a lot of issues with the Crossbow Kai—super glad to see that the Kai is actually fixed in your version!
I also set up the client/server via TailScale, so I’m already playing with some friends remotely.
Just had a quick question about this build:
The only chat that works is "ALL" Whenever I try to use Party or Whisper, the game just completely freezes up on me.
Anyone have a fix for this?
SET Feature Table like this...
(thx extazy20)
Open heroes db, load FeutureMatrix table, change fields called:
ExpRate_Combat
ExpRate_Monster
ExpRate_Story
GoldRate_Combat
GoldRate_Story
APRate_Combat
APRate_Story
Troubleshooting
- Enable SQL Server Authentication mode in SSMS (Server Properties > Security)
- Verify SA password matches config files
- Enable the SA account: Security > Logins > sa > Properties > Status > Login: Enabled
- Verify SQL Server service is running
- Check TCP/IP is enabled in SQL Configuration Manager
- Confirm port 1433 is set in IPAll
Run the PowerShell commands in Step 8.
- Verify EndPoint.txt file is configured with LAN/WAN ip
- Verify hosts file is configured correctly on client
- Check Windows Firewall isn't blocking connections
- Confirm IP is correct in all config files
Guide compiled by ArtykWolf. Based on community contributions and my own.
Enjoy your server!
thks[Hidden content]
Server Setup Guide(EU/TW/US)
Server-Client Files:
[Hidden content]
Prerequisites
Before starting, download and install the following in your server:
- SQL Server Express -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Choose "Custom" installation)- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Core components only)- XAMPP -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For web server)- DB Browser for SQLite -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For editing .db3 files, also needed in client)- Visual C++ Redistributables 2012 -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(both x86 & x64)
USING MY VM:
Time Required: 0.5-1 hour | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Vindictus Private Server - Quick Setup (Pre-configured VM)
For use with the pre-configured VM image. Only IP changes required.
This configuration is for GUEST (VM SERVER) and HOST (CLIENT GAME) are in the same PC
Before You Start
Get your local IP address. We'll call this YOUR_IP.
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
SERVER (VM)
[Hidden content]
FROM SCRATCH WITH MY FILES:
Time Required: 2-3 hours | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Important: Get Your Server IP Address
You will need your LAN IP address throughout this guide. Remember it!.
To find it:
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
Note: When speaking of IPs I will refer to LOCALHOST (127.0.0.1), LAN(e.g., 192.168.1.200) or WAN(e.g., 142.7.123.34).
[Hidden content]
Extras and Fixes:
(thx j84c3)
[RELEASE] WhisperChat Fix - Services & Wcf Logic
Hey everyone,
Regarding the chat issues mentioned recently, I’ve spent some time digging into the services and I’ve got a fix for the WhisperChat.
After spending several days digging into how the services interact and using Claude-AI to help me refine the code, I’ve finally managed to fix the Whisper chat functionality.
I’ve attached an archive containing the 4 files required for the fix. Inside, you’ll also find two PDF guides (one in Italian, one in English).
What’s inside the guides:
- Part 1: A...
(thx memvoicam)
Huge thanks for sharing your files and the server!
I managed to get everything up and running and it plays like a dream. I’d tried some other files before but had a lot of issues with the Crossbow Kai—super glad to see that the Kai is actually fixed in your version!
I also set up the client/server via TailScale, so I’m already playing with some friends remotely.
Just had a quick question about this build:
The only chat that works is "ALL" Whenever I try to use Party or Whisper, the game just completely freezes up on me.
Anyone have a fix for this?
SET Feature Table like this...
(thx extazy20)
Open heroes db, load FeutureMatrix table, change fields called:
ExpRate_Combat
ExpRate_Monster
ExpRate_Story
GoldRate_Combat
GoldRate_Story
APRate_Combat
APRate_Story
Troubleshooting
- Enable SQL Server Authentication mode in SSMS (Server Properties > Security)
- Verify SA password matches config files
- Enable the SA account: Security > Logins > sa > Properties > Status > Login: Enabled
- Verify SQL Server service is running
- Check TCP/IP is enabled in SQL Configuration Manager
- Confirm port 1433 is set in IPAll
Run the PowerShell commands in Step 8.
- Verify EndPoint.txt file is configured with LAN/WAN ip
- Verify hosts file is configured correctly on client
- Check Windows Firewall isn't blocking connections
- Confirm IP is correct in all config files
Guide compiled by ArtykWolf. Based on community contributions and my own.
Enjoy your server!
[Hidden content]
Server Setup Guide(EU/TW/US)
Server-Client Files:
[Hidden content]
Prerequisites
Before starting, download and install the following in your server:
- SQL Server Express -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Choose "Custom" installation)- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(Core components only)- XAMPP -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For web server)- DB Browser for SQLite -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(For editing .db3 files, also needed in client)- Visual C++ Redistributables 2012 -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register(both x86 & x64)
USING MY VM:
Time Required: 0.5-1 hour | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Vindictus Private Server - Quick Setup (Pre-configured VM)
For use with the pre-configured VM image. Only IP changes required.
This configuration is for GUEST (VM SERVER) and HOST (CLIENT GAME) are in the same PC
Before You Start
Get your local IP address. We'll call this YOUR_IP.
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
SERVER (VM)
[Hidden content]
FROM SCRATCH WITH MY FILES:
Time Required: 2-3 hours | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Important: Get Your Server IP Address
You will need your LAN IP address throughout this guide. Remember it!.
To find it:
- Open Command Prompt
- Type
ipconfig- Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
Note: When speaking of IPs I will refer to LOCALHOST (127.0.0.1), LAN(e.g., 192.168.1.200) or WAN(e.g., 142.7.123.34).
[Hidden content]
Extras and Fixes:
(thx j84c3)
[RELEASE] WhisperChat Fix - Services & Wcf Logic
Hey everyone,
Regarding the chat issues mentioned recently, I’ve spent some time digging into the services and I’ve got a fix for the WhisperChat.
After spending several days digging into how the services interact and using Claude-AI to help me refine the code, I’ve finally managed to fix the Whisper chat functionality.
I’ve attached an archive containing the 4 files required for the fix. Inside, you’ll also find two PDF guides (one in Italian, one in English).
What’s inside the guides:
- Part 1: A...
(thx memvoicam)
Huge thanks for sharing your files and the server!
I managed to get everything up and running and it plays like a dream. I’d tried some other files before but had a lot of issues with the Crossbow Kai—super glad to see that the Kai is actually fixed in your version!
I also set up the client/server via TailScale, so I’m already playing with some friends remotely.
Just had a quick question about this build:
The only chat that works is "ALL" Whenever I try to use Party or Whisper, the game just completely freezes up on me.
Anyone have a fix for this?
SET Feature Table like this...
(thx extazy20)
Open heroes db, load FeutureMatrix table, change fields called:
ExpRate_Combat
ExpRate_Monster
ExpRate_Story
GoldRate_Combat
GoldRate_Story
APRate_Combat
APRate_Story
Troubleshooting
- Enable SQL Server Authentication mode in SSMS (Server Properties > Security)
- Verify SA password matches config files
- Enable the SA account: Security > Logins > sa > Properties > Status > Login: Enabled
- Verify SQL Server service is running
- Check TCP/IP is enabled in SQL Configuration Manager
- Confirm port 1433 is set in IPAll
Run the PowerShell commands in Step 8.
- Verify EndPoint.txt file is configured with LAN/WAN ip
- Verify hosts file is configured correctly on client
- Check Windows Firewall isn't blocking connections
- Confirm IP is correct in all config files
Guide compiled by ArtykWolf. Based on community contributions and my own.
Enjoy your server!
