Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

(Video) TERA Retail Server Installation | WebApp/Item Claim Setup | Proxy Server Setup

Reaction score
ok well the 2nd is the same error as on smss

/* SQL Error (3621): Converting an nvarchar datatype to a datetime datatype created a value out of range
The instruction has been terminated. */
View attachment 238517

I don't understand why it doesn't work for me .... I'm sorry to bother you with this problem

Looks like we have to look something else, which region and timezone do you have in your server?

I just re-executed the script just in case, but it works without any issues so might be something related to the

Screenshot_257 - (Video) TERA Retail Server Installation | WebApp/Item Claim Setup | Proxy Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your help, it has been beneficial!

Indeed it was necessary to change the time zone of the sql so that it supports the file: I give my solution for others:

In a blank Query, enter the following command and run:

SET DATEFORMAT ymd;

Thank you so much !

Not wanting to abuse your time, I still have two questions if you agree:

- How can we change the language of the Shop to French for example!

- I'm looking to loot a custom box that I created with "Tera API Admin Panel" in a Promo code but I don't know where to add "Function" because I only have those available.

Thank you in advance for your time and your answers!
image - (Video) TERA Retail Server Installation | WebApp/Item Claim Setup | Proxy Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
- How can we change the language of the Shop to French for example!

- I'm looking to loot a custom box that I created with "Tera API Admin Panel" in a Promo code but I don't know where to add "Function" because I only have those available.
1. Read section "How to add new language translation (new region of client)" on this thread.
2. You need to edit the file tera-api/config/promoCode.js to manage the promo code functions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. Read section "How to add new language translation (new region of client)" on this thread.
2. You need to edit the file tera-api/config/promoCode.js to manage the promo code functions.
Thank you very much, I found the promo codes (I looked a bit for the right coding format)

On the other hand for the update of the language I admit having searched I cannot find the instructions for use in the post!

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Indeed, I did it but the SHop is still in English while the game is in French
View attachment 238545
You need to edit the file src/locales/shop/fr.json, then go to the Tera API Admin Panel, in the Shop section - Categories, and there specify the translation for the French language.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
According to your screenshots,

Since you're using 8090 as API_PORTAL_LISTEN_PORT then you must configure web_shop_url to
Code:
http://109.209.81.223:8090/tera/ShopAuth?authKey=%s

Make sure to delete any "Shop url" references in your DeploymentConfig.xml

While you are exposing your server to public make sure to open 8090 port in your firewall as Public.

Now regarding to the WebApp, i still cannot replicate the issue, for me is working flawlessly.
I found the solution to the WebApp bug, and it's really stupid, in fact I reinstalled the entire WebApp, I went to search in the WebApp.dll file to find the correct ID and MDP which basic for me is "teadmin" and "111111111" but even by repeating the entire tutorial to the comma nothing worked and I checked the authorizations of IIS when I had to create the site!
It allowed me to check the connection telling me that access to the path did not work, so I added IIS_IUSRS but it had no effect and I found another IIS permission group ... it is very similar to the first one and in the microsoft wikis I am told that it is included in the first group stated but by adding it with the permission to write the WebApp it is to unlock!!!
1689584995600 - (Video) TERA Retail Server Installation | WebApp/Item Claim Setup | Proxy Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums
1689584947520 - (Video) TERA Retail Server Installation | WebApp/Item Claim Setup | Proxy Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
나는 서버 설정 영화를 따라 도움말 plz ( 92.04 tw )
1. logserver.bat -> 시작 -> cmd 누락(서버 준비 텍스트 없음)
2. arbiterserver.bat -> 시작 -> cmd 누락(서버 준비 텍스트 없음)
무슨 일이야?

add it
arbiterserver.bat error
========================= Server Info =========================
qaServer:[0] pveServer:[0] validatePacket:[1] clientPingInterval:[10000] clientT
imeOut:[120000] cipherType:[1]
RPServer:[1]
[Capacity] worldSessions:[32] clientSessions:[1000] webAdminSession:[30] thread
Num:[0] dbConnThreadNum:[12] groupBypassThreadNum:[4] playLimit:[500]
===============================================================
SQLError [statement : ][rc=0][sqlState=08001][nativeError=17][errorMsg=[Microsof
t][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.]

SQLError [statement : ][rc=0][sqlState=01000][nativeError=5][errorMsg=[Microsoft
][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]
DBHelper Initialization error.

C:\Tera Live 92.04 TW\Tera Live 92.04 TW\20200409-Live-92-04-01-server-HT\202004
09-Live-92-04-01-server-HT\Executable\Bin>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Last edited:
Reaction score
나는 서버 설정 영화를 따라 도움말 plz ( 92.04 tw )
1. logserver.bat -> 시작 -> cmd 누락(서버 준비 텍스트 없음)
2. arbiterserver.bat -> 시작 -> cmd 누락(서버 준비 텍스트 없음)
무슨 일이야?

add it
arbiterserver.bat error
========================= Server Info =========================
qaServer:[0] pveServer:[0] validatePacket:[1] clientPingInterval:[10000] clientT
imeOut:[120000] cipherType:[1]
RPServer:[1]
[Capacity] worldSessions:[32] clientSessions:[1000] webAdminSession:[30] thread
Num:[0] dbConnThreadNum:[12] groupBypassThreadNum:[4] playLimit:[500]
===============================================================
SQLError [statement : ][rc=0][sqlState=08001][nativeError=17][errorMsg=[Microsof
t][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.]

SQLError [statement : ][rc=0][sqlState=01000][nativeError=5][errorMsg=[Microsoft
][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]
DBHelper Initialization error.

C:\Tera Live 92.04 TW\Tera Live 92.04 TW\20200409-Live-92-04-01-server-HT\202004
09-Live-92-04-01-server-HT\Executable\Bin>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Make sure to enable TCP/ip connections in sql server configuration manager

Screenshot_262 - (Video) TERA Retail Server Installation | WebApp/Item Claim Setup | Proxy Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

That should solve your issue

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found the solution to the WebApp bug, and it's really stupid, in fact I reinstalled the entire WebApp, I went to search in the WebApp.dll file to find the correct ID and MDP which basic for me is "teadmin" and "111111111" but even by repeating the entire tutorial to the comma nothing worked and I checked the authorizations of IIS when I had to create the site!
It allowed me to check the connection telling me that access to the path did not work, so I added IIS_IUSRS but it had no effect and I found another IIS permission group ... it is very similar to the first one and in the microsoft wikis I am told that it is included in the first group stated but by adding it with the permission to write the WebApp it is to unlock!!!
View attachment 238717View attachment 238716
Thank you and well done to find! I am making a fresh install on a new machine this week and I hope this fixes the problem for me also!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
argeus99 Thanks for your video tutorial.
I think I've been following your tutorial in order, but TopographyServer is not starting with the error. (In Korean it says "Can't read the maps. You need to check if the maps are loaded")

In your video, you're starting hub_gw&hubServer -> TerraAPI and then TopographyServer.

What am i missing?
1690298669835 - (Video) TERA Retail Server Installation | WebApp/Item Claim Setup | Proxy Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

in your tutorial video, you're skipping 2. 3. and 5. and turning on 6. TopographyServer

what's the prerequisite for 6.? as you see it doesn't work for me
1690299927805 - (Video) TERA Retail Server Installation | WebApp/Item Claim Setup | Proxy Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
argeus99 Thanks for your video tutorial.
I think I've been following your tutorial in order, but TopographyServer is not starting with the error. (In Korean it says "Can't read the maps. You need to check if the maps are loaded")

In your video, you're starting hub_gw&hubServer -> TerraAPI and then TopographyServer.

What am i missing?
View attachment 239055

in your tutorial video, you're skipping 2. 3. and 5. and turning on 6. TopographyServer

what's the prerequisite for 6.? as you see it doesn't work for me
View attachment 239063

Hi.

Topography server doesn't have a prerequisite to be started.

Try setting up "Run this program as administrator" in the Compatibility tab of properties then execute it again

1690315661967 - (Video) TERA Retail Server Installation | WebApp/Item Claim Setup | Proxy Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

About why i skipped 2, 3 and 5 is because it's not needed for a basic operation of the tera server but in other videos i explain how to setup those

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you and well done to find! I am making a fresh install on a new machine this week and I hope this fixes the problem for me also!

Thanks. actually it is planned to buy a new motherboard, CPU and a full 128GB ram later this year, so I will try again later and let u know. Thanks for your help and your videos!

Thanks. actually it is planned to buy a new motherboard, CPU and a full 128GB ram later this year, so I will try again later and let u know. Thanks for your help and your videos!

View attachment 238717View attachment 238716
Hello both Argeus and Papy..I am still struggling with this..I bought a new computer and did my 5th install from your videos second by second. But the web app still didnt work. I have added IIS permissions to the webapp folder, but I am out of my depth and I am sure i have made an error as it doesnt work either..I don't know if either of you can help or point me in the right direction? I am happy for to go on teamview if it would help.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello both Argeus and Papy..I am still struggling with this..I bought a new computer and did my 5th install from your videos second by second. But the web app still didnt work. I have added IIS permissions to the webapp folder, but I am out of my depth and I am sure i have made an error as it doesnt work either..I don't know if either of you can help or point me in the right direction? I am happy for to go on teamview if it would help.
for me it is as if the IIS functionality would not be activated! Did you activate it? Please note that the procedure changes slightly if you have a professional windows or a windows server!
Otherwise I would be happy to help you by voice by discord or Team Viewer but I speak very poor English so I may not be the best person to help you but I remain available if you wish.

Capture1.PNG - (Video) TERA Retail Server Installation | WebApp/Item Claim Setup | Proxy Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums
Capture.PNG - (Video) TERA Retail Server Installation | WebApp/Item Claim Setup | Proxy Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you I activated only what was in the video. Perhaps I should add all those IIS perms to be safe? I am using Windows Server 19 so its done in the Server Manager. If I have no luck in next few days I will certainly private message you allow you to access to have a look..Thankyou! We can use text on screen if need be..i understand a little french!

Reaction score
Thank you I activated only what was in the video. Perhaps I should add all those IIS perms to be safe? I am using Windows Server 19 so its done in the Server Manager. If I have no luck in next few days I will certainly private message you allow you to access to have a look..Thankyou! We can use text on screen if need be..i understand a little french!

If you are using a root drive like D, F etc for storing your server files, those permisions shouldn't be needed, but try adding both IUSR and IIS_IUSR with full control to the WebApp

1690429953801 - (Video) TERA Retail Server Installation | WebApp/Item Claim Setup | Proxy Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Also try enabling forms authentication.

1690430111825 - (Video) TERA Retail Server Installation | WebApp/Item Claim Setup | Proxy Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

1690430144487 - (Video) TERA Retail Server Installation | WebApp/Item Claim Setup | Proxy Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

I tried several times to replicate your issue in a couple of computers and everything works normally, i even tried with 92.04 and 100.02 and everything working so far also, so if that doesn´t solve your issue.... tbh i'm out of ideas.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate your efforts, at least 2 other people on the forum have or have had this problem also. I tried all of the above and it obstinately does not work! Maybe a list of links to all the exact software used in this installation in one place might help? But the problem seems to be around IIS setup and configuration for the field to accept input. Yes I'm on 92.04 and heading for my 6th reinstall..this time keeping everything on C drive...Will keep you posted and Papy has offered to have a look on my pc also. Thank you again I'm sure this will be solved in the end!

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing the great guide and resources. I'm thinking about opening a VPS running for less than ten players. How much RAM and Cores will be enough? I'm comparing the cost between a 90+ GB RAM PC and a server rental, though neither of them sounds easy.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
thanks for sharing..

just wonder current version if supported Domain IPs to setup this server ? since I am using home internet to build this..

Back