Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Project Vulcan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
wow, this looks like it'll be a great release
only thing I was concerned about while reading is servers with duplicate maps, but that private version sounds tempting lol I'll have to think about that though

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
wow, this looks like it'll be a great release
only thing I was concerned about while reading is servers with duplicate maps, but that private version sounds tempting lol I'll have to think about that though

This map and its maps won't overwrite or mess with any servers existing maps.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I didn't say they would lol but after they're released, there's no telling what people might decide to use them for
they could very well be used to replace the current maps, if the server owners choose to

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
We will need loads of new mobs to fill in those area. Good luck !

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol
easy part the mobs
i rather click my mouse around beast and plant trees and poop then write resources for new monsters

you got too much free time riley xD

I wish I had more free time.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
your boyfriend keep you busy too much what can i say riley xD
good luck with the project , really excited to see it release so i can add it to my server =O

will call it :
Spams-Riley-Adler-x0r-Vulcan World of Despair o_O

lallal

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol
easy part the mobs
i rather click my mouse around beast and plant trees and poop then write resources for new monsters

you got too much free time riley xD

I know what you mean, I had to do that for my colosseum lol that stuff is time consuming

MC Web Designs
Reaction score
Wow, this project sounds awesome. Actually cant wait to see what its like when its completed! and if you need any help with this, I'll try my best mate.

Last edited:
i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Even though this sounds like a really nice idea, I have a few questions.

1. Do you have any idea of when this is going to be done? I dropped my jaw just thinking about how much work that is.

2. I've seen your maps, and there is nothing to put a finger on, but yet when I see you're going to create such a big map, I doubt on the quality of it. It's going to take atleast 3+ months, depending on how much time you're going to spend on it.

3. What are the areas going to contain? Unless you're creating new monsters for the map, then what are you going to put on it? The monsters kind of need to fit the theme as well, which would make the level range pretty random.

4. Damn, so much work... No, this isn't a question.

Anyways, best of luck with it, and I hope you wont drop it on the ground. If you should think half way through it that it might be too much work, don't trash it. Scale it down, because that is one big butt map.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Making a good 1x1(map size) map is even hard, lol.

MC Web Designs
Reaction score
Even though this sounds like a really nice idea, I have a few questions.

1. Do you have any idea of when this is going to be done? I dropped my jaw just thinking about how much work that is.

2. I've seen your maps, and there is nothing to put a finger on, but yet when I see you're going to create such a big map, I doubt on the quality of it. It's going to take atleast 3+ months, depending on how much time you're going to spend on it.

3. What are the areas going to contain? Unless you're creating new monsters for the map, then what are you going to put on it? The monsters kind of need to fit the theme as well, which would make the level range pretty random.

4. Damn, so much work... No, this isn't a question.

Anyways, best of luck with it, and I hope you wont drop it on the ground. If you should think half way through it that it might be too much work, don't trash it. Scale it down, because that is one big butt map.

I suppose people are willing to help him if he doesnt have time left on his hands. But yeah, keep up the good work mate! :thumbup1::w00t:

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Adler - [Development] Project Vulcan - RaGEZONE Forums

Credits: Adler (a.k.a. Rivera/Bridget)

Notice: I WILL POST MORE PREVIEWS SOON! ALL STATS IN BLACK/BOLD WILL BE UPDATED REGULARLY

Dimensions: 30x30
Current Size: 410 MB (430,125,400 bytes)
Textures: 30
Objects: 0

Terrain Completion: 50%
Object Completion: 0%
Mob Completion: 0%
NPC Completion: 0%
World Map Completion: 0%
Dungeon Completion: 0%
Instance Completion: 0%

Public Version Released: NO
Private Version Released: NO

About: I had decided to start a new project five days ago that is going to be released here on Ragezone. Since I'm seeing more improvements of this forum I now don't feel so resistant to help out anymore. This project will be an entire new world developed by myself, including dungeons, instances, towns, mobs, NPC's and a full world map with individual world maps. Unlike 90% of the threads here, this project will be released as soon as it's complete, with many updates and previews posted until that day. However, there will be multiple versions of this map, private and public. The public release will include the terrain and objects, the private versions will either have all content included, or be completely custom. Contact me privately if you're interested in the private versions when I release this project. This is to avoid all servers from having the exact same content.

Features:
  • Full world with 13 continents and multiple dungeons.
  • Two paths to go in the world.
  • World x2 the size of Madrigal
  • Multiple themes to provide diversity.
  • Music, NPC's, mobs, world map, navigator, etc.
  • High resolution terrain.
  • Map is clean, will be very easy to edit and move around in Beast.
  • No texture painting glitches that exist in eFlyff.

Themes:
  • 1. Crystal Forest
  • 2. Snow/Ice
  • 3.A. Normal Forest
  • 4.A. Desert
  • 5.A. Swamp/Jungle
  • 6.A. Volcano
  • 7.A. Beach/Ocean
  • The rest is not complete yet.

Map's Current Status (Updated October 1st, 2011):

Adler - [Development] Project Vulcan - RaGEZONE Forums

If you have any more questions please post them below or message me here on Ragezone. If you would like to contact me regarding the private version, please PM me.
Brand new map? Means new models/textures etc. ?
Thats what i call brand new :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
My main question would be
would people actually go on all the islands,
or would their be some there taking up space ?

But still sounds pretty good
Good luck with everything

MC Web Designs
Reaction score
My main question would be
would people actually go on all the islands,
or would their be some there taking up space ?

But still sounds pretty good
Good luck with everything

I think if you was to implement the maps into the server, the server's exp would have to be quite low for players to go to all the islands to level if you get what i mean. So like the diffrent exp given by monsters.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think if you was to implement the maps into the server, the server's exp would have to be quite low for players to go to all the islands to level if you get what i mean. So like the diffrent exp given by monsters.

Ya, most servers the exp goes by too fast, to actually go on all the islands,In most servers, it basically 3-4 islands then their done. But ya, if we wanted to go on all islands for training, exp would have to be lowered by a lot

Oh Well it would be nice to see something new then the currently madrigal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back