Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide]Guide for REAL newbies to setup a PT Server

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi Soy,

Yes, that version has an IP address within the game.exe that must be edited. If I recall correctly, it's literally at the bottom of the exe. Use a hex editor like Ultra Edit or Hex Workshop to change it.

As for the difference between 1871 and 1873, their version numbers are worthless. So many people call whatever they want a different version so it depends on whoever modified it. The differences are usually tiny.For example, certain aspects of the game may be relocated within the exe, such as the location of the game.exe's IP address and font face. Not all of them are at the bottom of the exe.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi Dark :)
cool thx dark, i will start to play with the hex thing then, do u know about add the new xp table? i mean divide the % /10 to prevent the dc4 or maybe ther eis another way to improve lvl 150 without dc4

ah and there is any client/server with lvl cap 150 right? we must do that right?, thx if yes could u show me how?, cuz a found a thread where a guy say how to fix dc4 but many sais there also that is not working...

Im asking it cuz with the client 1871 (no xtrap) seems like the lvl cap is 120 and didnt try with the Quantum one

thx again :

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi Hi!

The altering of the EXP table is one route that some have taken, but I'm sure there are better methods. I'm not the best in Ollydbg so I haven't searched out any other methods, though I certainly plan on practicing.

As for the level 150 cap, all servers derived from KPT Endless Towers have a cap of 150. I haven't seen any clients that incorporate levels 1-150, but if you relocate the table and just copy the one in the server, it's all gravy.

I recommend checking out:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
thx alot dark :), thx i can understand a lil portugues (just a lil xD), so 2 things to learn now, hex and portugues xD xD xD

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Google translator does a great job over there :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Soy,

This is an xTrap'less release of QuantumFusion's 1873 game.exe--

Be sure to rename the xTrap folder as well to something like..."DarkKnight_Is_Sexy".

dark can you post another link for that? cause i have problem with megaupload thx

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thx for link, i tried that game.exe but when i try to log in game it said the "version is wrong" i don't know why that weird thing appeared. I Already changed the IP to mine and nothing changed

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Disable version check via the server-side hotuk

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
works now, but when i log in game gives alot of "reconnect time out message" and error "send 10053 is the error".

this is getting crazy, does anyone knows what did i make wrong?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i guess its gm hotuk problem because when i try to log in game without it the game works fine. I also try another hotuk but it doesnt change still getting that error:?:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Code:
//Admin Stuff 

*DEBUG_ID Admin
//*DEBUG_ID USERID

[color=red]*ADMIN_IP 127.0.0.1
*ADMINISTRATOR_IP 127.0.0.1[/color]
[color=blue]*ADMIN_LOGIN "admin"[/color]
*ADMIN_NAME "admin"

*ADMIN_COMMAND "1"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "2"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "3"

Put your IP in both of those spots (go to ) And in blue, type in the user ID you registered with and log in with it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No, it's not a hotuk issue. You aren't able to see those without the hotuk, but they still occur.

The reconnect issue is common. It's not a problem. The "send 10053 is the error" I never had though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey could you please help me by uploading links to the download files again because most of those up in the first post are dead and do not exist anymore. If anyone reads this anymore that would be great because im trying to create my own pt server and i need the files. =)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a problem like this
OBDC Is my problem
i cant configure it is error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tnx for this guide, its a good one ;)
I started my own server, tnx to this guide.
I'm glad to play it for a while...
TY!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dear friend

i cant link to patch of fusion repack and monster . pls help

thank u

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Fusion repack is still up, but I can't get the monster files either.

I'm starting to think there is a definite need for a re-hosting of most of the core resources. :(

IDK if it's the same monster set, but I've uploaded the original jPT monster folder . That will at least get you started. ^_^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i used most of these files and i didn't have the monster file i didn't find it a problem so-far, if someone knows what the bug is then list it here.

Back