Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Psytrac's 1.4.4 release, 343 style

Reaction score
The only thing that's raised question in my mind is when you said that you're "not using any swap" oO ?!? Did you mean that the swap that has been 'set up' isn't really being utilized, or did you mean you do not have any swap allocated? If you do not have any space allocated to swap; that could be as bad and worse than setting up too much... If this is the case I recommend setting up a 1:1 ratio (so, since you have 16GB of physical ram, setting up a 16GB swap)... Trust that, just because you have a machine with 2 TB of physical ram (lets say you had one) would not mean "oh, since I have incredibly so much ram, I do not need swap any longer" ~ you would need 2 TB of swap space :wink:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I mean that the default 2GB swap that was set up by default with the install is at a usage of 0.

For the memory info here is what it reads....

Swap: 2850808k total, 0k used, 2850808k free, 812552k cached

I've never seen those number values change (except maybe cached, I haven't really paid attention to it)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok will give it a shot. I didn't figure it mattered since, from all outward appearances, it wasn't using the swap at all.

Edit: ok, created a 16GB swap file, so now it looks like this....
Code:
root@ubuntu:~# free -m
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:         16020        396      15624          0         11         45
-/+ buffers/cache:        339      15680
Swap:        19167          0      19167
That's immediately after a reboot.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have a problem with the database on pwAdmin. I had it working on 1.3.6 before and could load addons fine etc. I copied the 1.4.4 files over and ran the server then ran the start_min.sh. Now things like GM Control etc say "Connection to MySQL Database Failed" and on Characters "Importing Roles to MySQL Failed" when I sync database etc. Any ideas. I can run the client and play 1.4.4 with gm status but I am having problems with these things and more obviously due to some kind of database problem. I can create accounts using pwAdmin as well.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
:blushing: hi sorry to bother you but im getting 2 problems client is playing up on me i keep getting a error saying the procedure entry point ? getname@ElementSkill@GNET@@SABPGI@Z could not be located in the dinamic link libery ElementSkill.dll. and the other problem is i got every thing else on pwAdmin online but i got this Auth Daemon ./authd 0 Offline other wise good work on the base and how you explained how to setup the server good work :8:

o could you also help me i didnt know what you ment about the 777 thing :blush::(:

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
chmod 777 -R directory name for permissions

As for ElementSkill.dll sounds like you either A) didnt start with the 343 base install first or something didnt copy correctly when transferring 343's server files over in his guide. I suggest reformatting, install your linux OS, re install 343's 136 server per his guide exactly, and re attempt to copy over psytrac's data. Make sure you are configuring all files explained in both guides and make sure you are not missing anything. This should solve any problems because this setup is beyond easy. I and everyone else could teach now only a monkey to do this, but a fly too :p jk but yeah give that a shot and let me know how it goes.

Reaction score
elementskill.dll is client-side only. the likeliness of this issue is that the elementskill.dll is the decent one, and not the genesis one (it crashes if you use the wrong one)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
[root@zx2 gfactiond]# ./gfactiond: error while loading shared libraries: libpcre.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I dont see that lib on any setup I have so

nvm got it just been up too long..

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First of all, thank you for putting this together Psytrac, especially for using 343's release as the base. Unfortunately, there is one issue...the client links you provided, point to v621 now.

I do happen to have the original Genesis installer laying around so I'll just use it and then patch it to 606. Others might not be so lucky though. (If I can ever figure out how to host a torrent, I can share it. Seems like no matter how I try that it doesn't work though, and I can't figure it out for the life of me.)

I've been running 343's release for a while. I sucks only having 2GB of ram on this system, but I just manually load maps as I need them. (not a big deal since there's only 5 of us on the server.) Looks like I may have to do some figuring on how to load more maps with this, or load and unload them via the command line on the server itself. Would love to get a real server, but can't afford it financially atm.
here is a torrent of a 580 client it downloaded with in a hour and half and here is a patch hope it helps some

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
does anyone have a modified gshop.data with more items in it not to sure how to add more items to mine with out screwing it up

also i notice i can't adjust rates via ptemplate.conf i set rates but the xp and all the same amount in game does the 1.4.4 read ptemplate.conf or not?

the server is low xp no mater what i change

Back