• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Should i Release RoseOnline Official Source Code ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
"IsTAIWAN" is too in the evo source, that means I can compile pre evo with the evo source too? Thanks!

I asked Matt about pre evo source code, because in the Screenshot he showed, appeared that folder and I thought he had full pre evo official server

I'm not sure about that, you'd probably have to put a bit more work into it than just that. That define, when enabled in irose, changes a lot of things such as hp, mp, move speed, arua fairies, PAT cooldown, battlecarts, npc stat calculations, skill calculations....the list goes ooooon and oooon and oooon.... If I recall correctly, it's very easy to miss a few tiny things here and there and throw your client and server out of sync when it comes to things like hp.. You'll probably have to battle with it quite a bit... We had our bouts with having more hp server side than client side, ect... but then again, enabling ALL pre evo factors wasn't our intention at the time, it was more of an accident :p

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to compile the source EVO MegaMax posted?

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Haven't tried this actual release but as far as i can tell it's the same source we have had here for quite a while.
I can compile most of the projects in that using VS2010.
All the servers compile fine and so does trose and associated stuff.

Still haven't made any of it run successfully though but then I've only tried very briefly.
I've never actually tried running the servers at all and only briefly tried putting trose.exe into a donor client to get the dlls all lined up. After loading them it crashed with an undefined error and i couldn't be bothered to chase it any further at the time.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
yeah this seams to be as broken as the evo files.... possibly is... there a lot of
"_NORTHUSA_EVO_TEST "messages threw the server and t-rose.

the Compile seams to be worse than the evo really.

like at least ones i have work to a point with compiling
This one errors on library missing, the main server Dll`s all error on compile.

Error 3 error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Exporting BCB Libs....." SHO_WS_DLL
Error 4 error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Exporting BCB Libs....." SHO_LS_DLL
​Error 330 error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Exporting BCB Libs....." SHO_GS_DLL

soo then we have t-rose issues.
Error 1 error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "zz_script_lua.inc" znzin
Error 2 error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Pre-Build Event..." Client
Error 3 error BK1506 : cannot open file '..\..\..\New Version\C_S\objs\Win32\ZZ_Debug\Client\CClientStorage.sbr': No such file or directory BSCMAKE

Now the zz_scrip_lua.inc error completely new not had that issue with evo yet so unsure there atm

Anyway what MIGHT help more is if you can tell us the Developers environment required to compile the server files correctly.

i am currently using VS Pro 2005 on win 7....
i think i might try to do it on a XP next with nothing else but VS pro 2005 + Library.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
okay reposting i know but yeah... mod can yell at me latter.

i have not tryed the TW thing yet... that to be tested yet...

but seams that this server is evo......
it uses evo STB files to use it.

Soo ruff, B-rose, ect ect ect will be useless more or less.

i got it compiled and got a server running but its.... yeah.....

MeGaMaX - Should i Release RoseOnline Official Source Code ? - RaGEZONE Forums

I am now trying the Taiwan rose source to see what that is... ill let ya all know.

iceland

Can you explain how you got?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
its not completely working it wont let you create an new char cause it wont accept any of the names... something issues with languages maybe not sure.

there a few things in it you have to fix to get it to work as well but as a far bit the help i got to compile some them issues docent want release on how.
since he spent the cash i can respect that.

if i get some good bin`s i might release the compiled version of evo but i think thats about all i can do unless i get permission else wise.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi ;)
Soo do some of those 2 sources are working 100% ?
or still you have to fix something?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Are not 100% requires corrections, we are awaiting the release of the source iRose

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hmmm the evo source MegaMax released wasn't it the same as I released?
if so I haven't tried compiling it nor did I have any intend to. Rose was a great idea back when triggersoft was working on it. (which is why we all like irose so much)
But EVO isn't worth my time imo. I'd rather wait for irose or something different and put time and effort in it.
There is a reason why I released it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's annoying how people keep releasing iRose, all excited, getting the community rowled up for nothing because every single time, it turns out that their release is just another incomplete and/or buggy evo crapper.. Here is my attempt to prevent future false hopes.

If the source is structured like the top images, it is iRose.. If it is structured like the bottom images, it is Evo.. There is no Pre Evo source.. other than a couple of server versions pre-set-up to compile that way, but it is contained within iRose.. Hope this helps people identify what is being released.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's annoying how people keep releasing iRose, all excited, getting the community rowled up for nothing because every single time, it turns out that their release is just another incomplete and/or buggy evo crapper.. Here is my attempt to prevent future false hopes.

If the source is structured like the top images, it is iRose.. If it is structured like the bottom images, it is Evo.. There is no Pre Evo source.. other than a couple of server versions pre-set-up to compile that way, but it is contained within iRose.. Hope this helps people identify what is being released.

I posted the same comparison several pages back but they're still getting excited when something is released then take a few pages to argue over it's authenticity.

Hope you're all having a good Christmas period!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have compiled the server to work with pre-evo, i've got it working and giving 0 errors(when executed).

The source is complete(for server), but I think something is wrong, because when I try to login, it says connecting to server... and I cannot login :S I am using narose 112_112 (Pre evo).
No log message when I try to connect..

Any ideas??

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I have compiled the server to work with pre-evo, i've got it working and giving 0 errors(when executed).

The source is complete(for server), but I think something is wrong, because when I try to login, it says connecting to server... and I cannot login :S I am using narose 112_112 (Pre evo).
No log message when I try to connect..

Any ideas??

1.Its possibly trying to receive a different version than that narose 112_112 is sending.
2. Packets man, client and server packets probably won't match.
3.Just cause it compiled doesn't mean it actually works.

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah you may be right if it was anyone other than pepu asking it.
He's pretty up together with packets and stuff.
He was one of the driving forces in getting the original osProse project going at osrose and I think was the first one to successfully manage to log into the 112 client using the modified osrose server.

Personally I would rather approach it from the other end and get the client side running with the KTRose server. I kind of understand what's gong on in there a lot better. lol. Obviously that will require a log of modifications to packet structures and stuff though

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Am clueless of how to actually compile the IROSE Srcs Meh but great release what so ever

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah you may be right if it was anyone other than pepu asking it.
He's pretty up together with packets and stuff.
He was one of the driving forces in getting the original osProse project going at osrose and I think was the first one to successfully manage to log into the 112 client using the modified osrose server.

Personally I would rather approach it from the other end and get the client side running with the KTRose server. I kind of understand what's gong on in there a lot better. lol. Obviously that will require a log of modifications to packet structures and stuff though

I have compiled the source code with pre evo mode, that means it should work with the 112 client.
Nice to see you here! :D

1.Its possibly trying to receive a different version than that narose 112_112 is sending.
2. Packets man, client and server packets probably won't match.
3.Just cause it compiled doesn't mean it actually works.

I am sure that it is not a packet problem, I have used logs, and I don't receive any data from client to server when I am trying to connect, that means HandlePacket() is not receiving any packet from client..I also checked the packets structure, and it seems it is the same as used in client 112(It should login at least).

I am not using firewall, and it is localhost, any idea of what is happening??

THANKS! :D

Last edited:
Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you aren't establishing a socket properly on the server end.
Do you get any response at all from the handshake?
Can you use a proxy to establish a connection just to test it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sounds like you aren't establishing a socket properly on the server end.
Do you get any response at all from the handshake?
Can you use a proxy to establish a connection just to test it?

I am not getting errors with socket creation, I will test with a proxy and I will see if it works.

I am using windows 7 64 bits, it could be the problem?? I am going to test it with a 32 bit pc and with a proxy, and I will tell you if it worked, thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back