Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Feedback: Should we add a market place for paid server content?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I do think its a good idea, if it has Ragezone security so the client will have its service done and the seller/developer will have its work paid. On previous try I said the only problem was people payng and opening pservers scams bc they dont know how to keep it online for a long time. But in the end this is already happening.

Can I ask if custom assistance would be included on this? Like, no selling of files or any content available in ragezone, but something like "Okay, you've read all the tutorials and still want someone to do it for you and make your server online using the available files on this forum..." or the client "Can you create this custom NPC with xxxx traded for yyy?" It used to be like this on a ragnarok forum I used to be active years ago (cronus-emulator)

Reaction score
I do think its a good idea, if it has Ragezone security so the client will have its service done and the seller/developer will have its work paid. On previous try I said the only problem was people payng and openning pservers scams bc they dont know how to keep it online for a long time. But in the end this is already happenning.

Can I ask if custom assistance would be included on this? Like, no selling of files or any content available in ragezone, but something like "Okay, you've read all the tutorials and still want someone to do it for you and make your server online using the available files on this forum..." or the client "Can you create this custom NPC with xxxx traded for yyy?" It used to be like this on a ragnarok forum I used to be active years ago (cronus-emulator)

I cannot offer security in the sense of not having payments retracted if you're using PayPal, but I can urge users to look into other options such as Bitcoin to help mitigate against this. Creating custom code/NPCs/scripts is something I think would be beneficial to some users, but it may thwart development, so I will really need to think about this. Realistically, it'll be down to the person. I think this is better than someone trying to sell add-ons, given that it is a person requesting the assistance of a coder.

Your main point, though, is having someone set up a server for you for a fee with the files available on the forum, yes? I know people are doing this already via PM/Discord; I've seen this happen, and I know some members are actually doing this legitimately. So, the counter to control the scammers could potentially permit this to happen via the system, but once again, it'll be down to the feedback from the members.

I am open to all suggestions minus the sale of server files because this then puts a market for hacking/selling and using us as a middle-man. I cannot be responsible for the distribution of potentially tens of thousands of dollars worth of hacked or leaked content. Publicly shared, sure, sold - never.

Reaction score
I cannot offer security in the sense of not having payments retracted if you're using PayPal, but I can urge users to look into other options such as Bitcoin to help mitigate against this. Creating custom code/NPCs/scripts is something I think would be beneficial to some users, but it may thwart development, so I will really need to think about this. Realistically, it'll be down to the person. I think this is better than someone trying to sell add-ons, given that it is a person requesting the assistance of a coder.

Your main point, though, is having someone set up a server for you for a fee with the files available on the forum, yes? I know people are doing this already via PM/Discord; I've seen this happen, and I know some members are actually doing this legitimately. So, the counter to control the scammers could potentially permit this to happen via the system, but once again, it'll be down to the feedback from the members.

I am open to all suggestions minus the sale of server files because this then puts a market for hacking/selling and using us as a middle-man. I cannot be responsible for the distribution of potentially tens of thousands of dollars worth of hacked or leaked content. Publicly shared, sure, sold - never.

Its a double-edged sword. It can be cool so users can make some $$ with their knowledge, but we can start to see the "OF" problem: Do you want to see the complete tutorial to make this serverfile work? Subscribe to my RZ. I dont know >.< Its already a lil bit hard to get some new tutorials, but in the end people already do it.

Reaction score
Idea is nice
how do you verify the files that it is actually this person who wrote them, that it was him who made them? In the case of websites, such verification may be a big problem, there should be no problem with verifying the launcher, it would be enough for the author to send a sample of the main application code
or several photos.

also many ppl will try tricks. So i have mixed feelings about that.

Computers are fast; programmers keep it slow.
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Resellers be like:
Excited Lets Go GIF by Mind Pump Media

Reaction score
Idea is nice
how do you verify the files that it is actually this person who wrote them, that it was him who made them? In the case of websites, such verification may be a big problem, there should be no problem with verifying the launcher, it would be enough for the author to send a sample of the main application code
or several photos.

also many ppl will try tricks. So i have mixed feelings about that.
This is why this thread exists for people such as you to raise this rather valid points.

Reaction score
In my opinion it should be some kind of verification, because like all we know on forum is lots of source code and free staff like website and not only.

that's why will be better keep away from this idea. because will be lots of scam.

I experienced this kind of tricks on my own. ppl was came to me in PM and ask for some thing to do for them. after all they will get web or ready launcher and they will say o sorry man it's not working, i want refund, how we will know they really delete this what we make.

This can be a huge issue for all of us.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Take 2: https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/...market-place-for-paid-server-content.1214530/

Hi,

I'm considering a custom marketplace system based on reputation. It'll be a unique system designed for us, but the purpose is to allow users to use RZ to finance a source of income. While I do not permit the sale of files (I will ban any SOB I find selling files or profiting from it), I do wish to offer other avenues for our members here. This includes but is not limited to:

• Coding services
  • Web design services
  • Server file custom coding services *
  • Custom client launchers
The third could be considered troublesome, but I would like to have it so payment goes from the client to the developer, but we may take a small % commission for using my platform. I will limit the users ability to offer servicing by membership length of VIP status. No newbies can just randomly offer assistance or sell unless they pay for membership or have been here a while. Let me know what you think and what other potential things we can include or maybe remove. Please, take the time to reply; this could be rather beneficial to a lot of you. I see so many talented people on the forum who deserve some recognition.

Thanks,
MentaL
Some ban judgments will need to be reviewed if this idea really goes ahead as many decisions were made without in-depth knowledge, simply through wrong and even "forged" interpretations

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
that's not good idea, this idea would become ragezone to elitepvpers

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi hi, long time bro..
My thoughs about this topic, it would be a interesting deal maybe attractive to some people, there are some skilled ppl that will like an extra income, and also some people that would really need asistance on some stuff, but i believe that both seller of the service and buyer for the services must be fully verified and trusted, i mean both sides must have good reputation for the deal works fine.
And also would need a very clear way to especify the requeriments to be meet to fullfill the deal, in order to be satisfy experience for both.
So im think that the service offered must include a third wheel that helps to client to write down the requeriments to be done (to protect provider) and after done also must verify that it was completed properly (to protect client), and rate both sides, so some of the requeriments also must include especify wich payment method will be done, and check it was done by pictures, etc... So all this 3rd wheel system would strenght the way of the deals, but probably need a small fee to cover it as is a lot of work too, but im sure it will give better results for everyone.

amr

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well, it can prove useful to a point, but it is best not to limit the system to paid users only. You can give free points to the users every month that they can use to post a service. Those points can expire every month or the user can buy more. Or you can make it free to post but a fee will be taken from each job.
Any ways, this is a huge step and requires much resources, security considerations and legal suits. Also take in mind that there will be debates and issues that will require additional staff to arbitrate, etc. So this forum will convert to something like Upwork.com.

Well that's my humble thoughts!
Cheers :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Take 2: https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/...market-place-for-paid-server-content.1214530/

Hi,

I'm considering a custom marketplace system based on reputation. It'll be a unique system designed for us, but the purpose is to allow users to use RZ to finance a source of income. While I do not permit the sale of files (I will ban any SOB I find selling files or profiting from it), I do wish to offer other avenues for our members here. This includes but is not limited to:

• Coding services
  • Web design services
  • Server file custom coding services *
  • Custom client launchers
The third could be considered troublesome, but I would like to have it so payment goes from the client to the developer, but we may take a small % commission for using my platform. I will limit the users ability to offer servicing by membership length of VIP status. No newbies can just randomly offer assistance or sell unless they pay for membership or have been here a while. Let me know what you think and what other potential things we can include or maybe remove. Please, take the time to reply; this could be rather beneficial to a lot of you. I see so many talented people on the forum who deserve some recognition.

Thanks,
MentaL
Market place would be a big change of how i look the ragezone right now. but tbh for me its a good idea. :D

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It would be interesting, not sure if I’m for it or against it. Like others have mentioned maybe some kind of verification to be able to sell your services or a rating system as well. I’m more nervous about others trying to dupe -not so smart or new- people out of payments peer to peer rather than ragezone being the middle man in this transaction.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I support the business of these things, of course number 3 too. And they will be charged a fee to be able to do that. If they are not allowed to trade openly, they will certainly go out to trade with each other, so there will be many cases of being scammed.

The difficulty here is how to verify that the server files they are selling can work or not, or just rely on images, or a few videos. And there needs to be a buyer/seller protection policy. I even want to buy a game sold by MenTaL, because he will definitely have enough reputation for people to trust. Haha

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cool, very cool!

But need a guarantor for services, especially reverse services, and other modifications with files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most likely, it will open the door to scams and drag the entire site through the mud. It will attract people who only want to make a quick buck and the site will deteriorate into a platform of scammers and scammed, who will cry and shout that they have been scammed despite all warnings that this will happen and all mentions of no support. It has happened elsewhere before, it will happen here. Having a system based on membership length or payment status is a nice idea, but won't stop people from creating accounts just for the sake of the long haul grift. That, too, has happened elsewhere before.

People will also stop doing things just for the sake of it and look for ways to monetize what they're doing, which might basically halt all sharing and developing outside of a marketplace. That's just natural, sooner or later even the most stubborn contributors will ask themselves, why am I doing for free what I could get paid for? You might spawn people who will release (purposefully) broken files so they can sell the fixes later. That has happened too before elsewhere.

If you wanna do "business" in a sphere that is already as grey an area as can be, then do it somewhere else. Please don't let this platform be just another toxic marketplace for greed.

So, naturally, I whole heartedly oppose the idea. If there's trouble covering cost for the site then I guess something has to be done, but I just wish capitalism could stay away from this area at least. I mean, isn't that why we're all here? To save things that have been lost due to not being profitable anymore? Just scan though all the things that has been done to safe Tera on this site, and all the contributions by people... now imagine that each contribution was not only attached to a dollar sign, but would then be exclusive content to the one who paid for it ...

Sorry, long rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back