Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Feedback: Should we add a market place for paid server content?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Iam sure all of what you are saying are good points , and i do NOT agree with it, however most of this is all ready happening behind the scenes already ? But ultimately it is your call Mental..

Janebug

Reaction score
so we are clear in this matter NO SELLING SERVER FILES :zippy:

We can sell

web design
our launcher not this what was post on forum
our time to configure server like set proper IP/Ports just proper settings
Maybe some installation by AnyDesk or TV

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
When you wrote this, you probably haven't thought it through properly?

And noticing on the following comments - none of the commenters done it either.

Without getting into details that dwelve into legality a lot - this type of system not only compromises Ragezone as a forum, but would also would affect anyone directly involved with this suggested system.
That's not including the ridiculous amount of time for "files" to be tested and this idea gives off a big feeling of "lets sell game files, but my own version", rather than anything else, which Mental did specify that this marketplace WOULD NOT BE a place to sell server files of any kind, but that's probably a missed read.
Testing a program that's sold for some specific game - requires a whole game to be running, possibly even a specific version - that's extra time, not even mentioning possible error encounters and etc to make it working.
It's not just not viable as an idea, but it simply sounds good in a mind, while in reality it requires a full blown team - unless Jeff Bezos can handle the whole amazon on his own? I'm not up to date with this information.

Then what about if I need a website design or just a GFX, coding services for my own idea/server, which I am NOT willing to share on RZ so that it would be "tested".. And that's just few of the multiple questions arising from this suggestion, if you were to give an example based on a some sort of.. Fiverr, then it would have probably been a bit of a different view to this.

No offense to your idea (which would be great if there was a specific platform solely dedicated to this and someone willing to take all of the risk dealing in monetary rewards with a stolen/hacked/leaked server files and their counterparts) but it's completely impossible on multiple levels.

Reading through all of the comments and searching through ragezone to "cook" my own suggestion towards this!
Will take a bit of time, but overall leaning towards positive approach to this.
Okay, I'm sorry for mentioning the permission to sell server files. I read through all the comments, the legal risks, and turned RZ into a money laundering and illegal sales place for hackers. It will be extremely risky for the forum.

At best it would be a place for sellers to sell things they would do with that game. I'm talking about things that are shared, and they're going to sell things that they've done with that game.

For example: launcher source code, a self-written script file about a certain feature of game A. Dialogue with NPCs, and doing quests. What that game doesn't have yet...etc

In addition, it should have an auction section to be able to recruit people to do small projects.
The marketplace we're talking about here, is where buyers will search for simple things like Fiverr is doing, or sellers will sell things they've done with a game.

I already suggested how to prevent fraud in the previous comment, it's just the decision up to the administrator, I'm just giving an example of how to sell, it doesn't have to be server files. I'm very sorry if people think I'm promoting the sale of server files. :GenshinKek:

Reaction score
Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back