Genesis Map Areas

the one posted is proper. How ever I found that errors do occur during download. Out of about 10 downloads I got one without errors. I did end up misplacing it on my workstation as I have about 20+ copy of PW at any one time, so I found it more easy to compile my own. To do so and make it easy start with the w2 client files and over write all files with a PWD version of the client then repack. Dont forget the map files for the 3 regions as well as the posted world map folder and what ever else you wish to carry over from the w2 client.
 
That's cool :ott1: I wish I could have a subscription also on dropbox cuz it's a very nice file hosting. :thumbup1:

Even the free version is good for that, just on the free version you don't get as much revision history and I'm not sure if there is a bandwidth limit to things in the public directory (even if there is, more then likely it is rather high)
 
Even the free version is good for that, just on the free version you don't get as much revision history and I'm not sure if there is a bandwidth limit to things in the public directory (even if there is, more then likely it is rather high)
Yeah but you need to share your link to 32 people to get the full 10gb space (2gb+32x250mb). I'm only at 4,5gb of space :mellow:

I'm using it as pw patch system (the CPW one) and it works well...
 
Last edited:
Yeah but you need to share your link to 32 people to get the full 10gb space (2gb+32x250mb). I'm only at 4,5gb of space :mellow:

I'm using it as pw patch system (the CPW one) and it works well...

I got a free .edu email from the local college I attended (and it doesn't get deactivated when you leave) so mine got doubled for referrals. I don't know about where you live in Belgium but here in the US a lot of Colleges give .edu email's just for applying (you don't even have to take a single class) so that might be something you could look into

Either way Dropbox is absolutely amazing
 
Last edited:
I have overcome the folder can not be identified. and now I get in trouble on the floor map. please help

343 - Genesis Map Areas - RaGEZONE Forums


Uploaded with
:(:
 
anyone have the proper surfaces.pak for this update?

If by 'proper' you mean the one with map names not in Chinese (but in English) you'll have to wait until March when the official expansion comes out in English...

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

I have overcome the folder can not be identified. and now I get in trouble on the floor map. please help

343 - Genesis Map Areas - RaGEZONE Forums


Uploaded with
:(:

looks like a grasses.pck issue

No, I don't think it has to do with grasses. Nothing in grasses changed with the release of these new map areas. Did you repack all the packs correctly (GFX LITMODELS LODDATA etc). Maybe a corrupt download ???

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Unless of course it's a pre-existing grasses.pck issue...
 
If by 'proper' you mean the one with map names not in Chinese (but in English) you'll have to wait until March when the official expansion comes out in English...

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------





No, I don't think it has to do with grasses. Nothing in grasses changed with the release of these new map areas. Did you repack all the packs correctly (GFX LITMODELS LODDATA etc). Maybe a corrupt download ???

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Unless of course it's a pre-existing grasses.pck issue...

Well grass was missing and I was tired so grasses.pck made sense at the time but w/e litmodels is where it actually is
 
thx for release. pack works fine, but we used our modded elementclient.exe, not ronny's release, coz we got error with it, also we use pwi original interfaces.data, maybe its normal idk, and rest files from 1st post.

thx again
CheerZ
 
Well, for anyone that wants to get a head start on the new content in English. Here's the International Genesis Patch. Or at least, I believe it is. Hopefully they won't push out some small last minute update.

It's 1.1GB, so you've been warned. But luckily, it's not PWCN so the download speeds are great.

 
Yessir, the day is here. I noticed (and liked) how they didn't post an end time for maintenance on the forum like they normally do. However, I altered my sleep schedule to make sure I was awake by the time the servers normally come back up, just in case. Still don't see any 'official' links to the update. But I will sure check the one above out, thx :) So I guess in theory, servers could come back up at any minute now :D

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

...ahh I finally got into the forum (couldn't even get in earlier; I think there were too many ppl flooding it LOL), and is the official link to their manual patch from the forums, Thanks GLG !
 
Back