Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Q]What about the launcher ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have got working launcher. I know how to patch but i am stuck at one point ... MD5. HOW IT'S WORK ?! Any ideas or suggestions ? how to delete MD5 check , or how to understand it?

(I took the patch from another server, I changed file name and it worked):junglejane:

a simple example

This is patch 7

MD5 for this patch: 93177a6606c2255231ffced1b945e070

Omega Male
Loyal Member
Reaction score
MD5 check is used to verify whether the file the user has downloaded matches the one from the server, without any download problems.

The algorithms of how it is generated is very hard to explain. But if you're really curious about how it works:

What's inside of the .md5 file you linked is just the MD5 value of the .pak patch file. I'm guessing the launcher is checking whether they match, or it will be re-downloaded. You can create one just by writing in notepad the MD5 value for the .pak file you want to patch, and then naming it with .MD5 at the end.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MD5 check is used to verify whether the file the user has downloaded matches the one from the server, without any download problems.

The algorithms of how it is generated is very hard to explain. But if you're really curious about how it works:

What's inside of the .md5 file you linked is just the MD5 value of the .pak patch file. I'm guessing the launcher is checking whether they match, or it will be re-downloaded. You can create one just by writing in notepad the MD5 value for the .pak file you want to patch, and then naming it with .MD5 at the end.

And this is problem because it's don't work , always failed to check MD5 :/ in launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back